Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 4 < >

Corvette Today Show: Every Corvette Owner Has Corvette Stories, This Time MECF’s John Elegant Talks With Steve Garrett

If you frequent CORVETTE TODAY, you know I always say that, "Every Corvette owner has a story!” My guest on this show has 60 years worth of Corvette stories! John Elegant (the main man on MidEngineCorvetteForum.com) shares some of his best memories and Corvette stories with us, from the effect of seeing his first Corvette had on him to his first Corvette purchase, to Harlan Charles and Tadge Juechter stories! https://youtu.be/MDjY2BnWXtw ; https://podcasts.adorilabs.com/corve...SlgJdENwCCbyLa This is part # 1 of John’s Corvette stories. Have a Kleenex handy too-his last story will bring tears to your eyes! See what I mean when I say, "Every Corvette owner has a story" on this episode of CORVETTE TODAY
2 of 4 < >

Welcome HorsePower Obsessed & BlackOut Tinting As Our New MECF Vendor

Led by Justin at HorsePower Obsessed and his many YT videos, bet quite a few of you just became aware his co-ownership of several BlackOut Tinting Shops carrying XPEL, great window tinting and many more servces. WELCOME [email protected]/BlackOut Tinting! Find HPO on their YT channel @ HorsePower Obsesed, BlackOut Tinting @ https://blackoutempire.com/
3 of 4 < >

Find out your C8’s Order Status by asking!

Information provided to MidEngineCorvetteForum members, and with great thanks to Corvette Ed for answering your inquiry requests in our sticky’d “The C8 Order Inquiry Status Thread” in our “Purchasing Section.”https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...inquiry-thread
4 of 4 < >

2023 Corvette Info Including SR Pricing, SR 2023 Visualizer, 70th Anniversary SR/Z06 Press Release; The C8 Z06 Press Release, Order Guide & Its Visualizer Link

See more
See less

2023 Stingray gets a $2,300 MSRP increase starting today.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by meyerweb View Post

Perhaps you haven't heard the inflation is running 8.5% year over year? ONE year, not three? Do you think that only affects individuals, and not companies? Every single component GM has to purchase to build a car has probably gone up in price, from raw aluminum to wiring harnesses to motor oil to paint. I don't hesitate to criticize GM when I think it's deserved, but increases in energy costs affects more than what you pay at the pump.
    All I know is my paycheck isn’t rising and everything is more expensive. Now it feels like Chevrolet is sticking it to the little guy too!

Comment

Look at the bright side? With looming recession those that buy a Z06 will be less likely to encounter them while driving around as many choose to forgo ak expensive toy. Look at 09 production vs 08 production numbers, history doesn't repeat but it sure does rhyme.

Comment

I had my order put on 6/8/2022 but my dealer put it in the system as a retail sale not sold to me. That mean I am screwed right? I did email the dealer but he gone home for the day. sux

Wow I just got the email from my dealer.. good news. below.

Your Order was inputted into the system as a Retail Sold Order… You should be all set and nothing should change..

If you have any other questions feel free to reach out..

Thank you,

Ryan
        Last edited by Just4me; 06-13-2022, 05:59 PM.

Comment

This is going to push the Z06 up
          in price. Inflation gives GM no choice. I think we were all hoping for 89,995-ish. I think it will be closer to 94,995 now or just under 100k when including GG and shipping.

🙏🏾 that I am wrong.

We shall see very soon.

Comment

While I have no doubt that cost of materials and energy have increased since 2019, "inflation" does not justify increasing the penalties for color combination overrides, or alternate color brake calipers or seat belts.

At least the already outrageous $245 lug nut options are not on the list.

In the 4th year of production, most of the C8 development cost should be amortized by now. No?
            2022 HTC 2LT Z51
            Front lift, mag ride
            black exterior, adrenaline red interior, bright red calipers

Comment

Well, I guess I might reconsider courtesy delivery now that the price increase takes away from my budget and initial plan to have my car shipped.

Considering inflation, the stock market, gas prices, lack of quality service departments, parts shortages (will I be able to get warranty repairs if parts aren't available?), constraints, and the slow to drop allocation #'s, I'm starting to wonder if I shouldn't reconsider my purchase altogether. There are definitely wiser things to spend my savings on... probably not as fun though.

Comment

Possibly a silver lining... but now that MSRP is higher does that mean that used cars are now less % above MSRP and some might even be teetering on less than?

Comment

Originally posted by Milliwatt Rob View Post
                  While I have no doubt that cost of materials and energy have increased since 2019, "inflation" does not justify increasing the penalties for color combination overrides, or alternate color brake calipers or seat belts.

At least the already outrageous $245 lug nut options are not on the list.

In the 4th year of production, most of the C8 development cost should be amortized by now. No?
                  Raising the cost of those options is a way of spreading out the impact of overall rising costs. And at least those are easy for the buyer to avoid. As for amortization, that's not really how accounting works. If GM planned a 7 year production run of 40,000 cars per year (pulling those number out of thin air), the accountants would figure amortization per car over the entire production life-cycle. Since production volumes are lower than planned, it will take even longer to actually amortize those costs.
                  Delivered 5/29!: Scarlet Fever 2021 2LT HTC, Red Mist Metallic Tintcoat, two-tone Naturalw/ suede inserts, Mag Ride, Performance Exhaust, MRR 755 Gunmetal wheels

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club: https://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org/

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post

TU. Every comparison and discussion of Z06 pricing I have seen before your post is based on an entry, 1LZ, Z06. I just did the math and that gives a 1LZ price for the Z06 IF there is a $26K difference, the 1LZ Z06 would have a MSRP of $90,200 (+ $1,395 SHC).

As to a 3LZ Z06, my calculation is that without a single option other the 3LZ interior, and IF it is a $26K difference between the SR and the Z06, a 3LZ Z06 would start at $102,150 (plus $1,395 SHC).
                    Sorry John, I got so excited I never considered the $1,395. in freight charges, plus I was thinking $26k Z06 premium added to the 3LT Stingray price... The medications must of kicked in....
                    Last edited by Dyno; 06-15-2022, 09:36 AM.

Comment

It is all good (well not today’s price increase), and we all learn from each other — as I have at least twice today learned from other’s posts and with many hours still to go guessing someone will teach me something new over the next six hours…
                      Z06 coming late this summer: Hypersonic Gray HTC, two tone blue interior, complete high wing/aero package. CCB’s, with every piece of visible carbon fiber available to us. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 24 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Why do people say the Z06 pricing should be 26k over the stingray? That is from an old generation of car pricing. If you want to compare apples to apples, then percentages are what you want to consider. Based on a 2019 stingray’s MSRP, a z06 would be approximately 44% higher. So if the new 2023 stingray MSRP is 65,995 then using the same additional percentage of 44% more, the z06 would be approximately 90K. That’s right about where the experts have been predicting the z06 would start.

No need to worry unless you are planning on getting a loan and will have to pay more with higher interest rates.

Comment

It's a C8, there are worth more than the price increase. When we were 16 we loved Corvettes but certainly could not afford one. If that is true today keep your fingers crossed and keep working hard.

Comment

The 'silver lining' just as MotorMouth suggested is that now, the used C8 prices don't look so crazy high.... If you're planning on selling a late model C7 or a C8 before you pick up your new Z06, then the net price increase will be minimal.

The thing that we really need to be concerned with is, what's going to happen when the current economic bubble bursts!!!
                            2020 HTC Torch Red with lots of goodies. Built in September. Museum Delivered in October......

Other toys in the garage: Ferrari California, BMW i8 Roadster, Bentley Flying Spur, Chevy SSr

Comment

I could deal with this except for the timing. They know the allocations are out in 3 days and orders were all set to go in now. This could have waited a week or 2 or they could have did this 2 weeks agp rather than disrupt this week's order cycle. I mean they know how the **** ordering works. Why 3 days before allocations?

Comment

Originally posted by kuch167 View Post
                                I could deal with this except for the timing. They know the allocations are out in 3 days and orders were all set to go in now. This could have waited a week or 2 or they could have did this 2 weeks agp rather than disrupt this week's order cycle. I mean they know how the **** ordering works. Why 3 days before allocations?
                                and they FINALLY released the Build and Price last Monday, only to change the pricing a week later, and now it needs to be updated again. Makes NO SENSE!

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X