Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Corvette Today Podcast Latest Corvette News

Wow....there is so much Corvette news coming out right now.   Keith Cornett from CorvetteBlogger.com joins your host, Steve Garrett to cover it all. https://anchor.fm/steve-garrett/epis...e-2021-e12kai2  Check out some of the headlines below....
1.  GM Cancels June Allocation – 3000 status orders to be completed
2.  Chevrolet releases details and pricing on 2022 Corvette
3.  Chevrolet will offer a Corvette C8.R Special Edition for 2022
4.  2022 C8 Corvette Visualizer is now live
5.  Right-hand drive C8’s arrive in Japan and revealed at Fuji Speedway
6.  Ordering Opens in Australia and New Zealand
7.  GM still working out details for 2023 Racing Program
8.  Juan Pablo Montoya loves the Indy 500 pace car C8 Corvette!
9.  With C8 details out for 2022, the Z06 will most likely be a 2023 model
10.  Pre-owned Corvette pricing up 34% in the last year
...and there's lots more!  Don't miss this episode of CORVETTE TODAY.
See more
See less

Which Early C8s will be Historic Legacy Cars. How to Spec-Out.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which Early C8s will be Historic Legacy Cars. How to Spec-Out.

There are many knowlwdgable members to the MECF. The first C8 will be awesome. Ground beaking. . But not all equally so as individual cars. And mass produced. Yet 2020 will be the only year of first introduction. Questions for us novices.

Historic individual early cars?
    Legacy items?
    How to spec one out your car to be the exceptional car? Truly unique car. Stand out with classic staying power.
    What strategy , what procedure what avenue will afford an individual buyer to obtain the outstanding car, given mass production ?

What worked in the past if anything?
    Is this info or wisdom of confidential proprietary nature. If known then best not revealed?

We have waited long years. The day to place the order will soon be here. Any comments. What do you intend to do and how to , besides wait for ZR!

Will the LT2s be soon discontinued, after transition, and therefore perhaps the one to get?

Mission impossible, because the early cars will be least desirable long term?

How's the market today for 2014 C7s. What bout in 20, 30, 40 years?
    Last edited by SheepDog; 05-28-2019, 09:54 PM.

Interesting proposition. Who knows what's going to end up as "unique" or "historic" in the future? Color, options. I had a '86 paint code 66 coupe for a couple of years, then sent it down the road and THEN found out it was one of four! How about the very few '70 Ford Falcons with the 429 SCJ that are now worth stupid money, but were not worth our attention back in the late '70s? Would you have ordered a 2014 Lime Rock Green convertible if you would have known they only made 155?
    Click image for larger version  Name:	2014_vette_LimeRockGreen.png Views:	0 Size:	1,015.9 KB ID:	38215
    (Image stolen from the Interwebz...)

Comment

Being a 1-of-1or even a 1-of-10, short of something like a ‘63 split, one of the original Grand Sports, a C7 big block, and a few other way-older Corvettes might make one feel very good, but is it likely to ever command a price premium down the road?

Want to insure you have a 2020, 1-of-1 C8, buy it in Accelerate Yellow, with the Adrenaline Red interior, order it with a custom VIN ($5,000) and the “build your own motor” option ($5,800), and you would have a 1-of-1; but would anyone pay more for it down the road — or would its price and options make it really hard to even sell? Similarly, if having a 1-of-1 is critically important, one could now order a 2019 C7 in Corvette Racing Yellow convertible, with a blue top and with Spice Red interior; it would be a 1-of-1, but who would every buy it from you?

My wife and I go the complete other way ourselves other than choosing uniqueness, i.e,, our never buying anything based on what its future worth might or might not be, instead buying that which is within our budget that makes us the happiest while we are owning it.

GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

John I couldn't agree more. " buying that which is within our budget that makes us the happiest while we are owning it. "
        frankb

Comment

Good questions SheepDog, you never know what will be "collectible" 20 years from now? I remember all the 79 "pace car" editions people bubble wrapped ... how did that work out? I think frankb has it right. I'm not caring all that much, just looking for the C8 that fits for me.

Comment

The trouble with buying for the future is mileage. As an example look at the 05 Ford GT. The 100 mile cars bring the bucks. But I’m not buying any C8 and parking her not in my lifetime. I have bought a ton of 60’s and 70’s cars in the past. But that was when I was 32 and could have fun collecting and did it because I loved driving them. The profit was secondary to the hobby. Those same cars are either stock or now modified into retro mods. Not a fan of retro mods. You want a old car with some better handling. .....just buy a current muscle car or Sportscar. The 60’s muscle cars will hit their peak very soon and start their decline as us old dudes past on. Sorry but that’s life in the fast lane
            picture of just a few I have owned in the past 40 years Click image for larger version

Name:	515D1435-6C60-4D24-B91D-EF03EB818075.jpeg
Views:	225
Size:	318.5 KB
ID:	38229
            Last edited by MikeC8; 05-29-2019, 08:24 AM.
            Black 3LT. Z51 mag ride front lift. black wheels and trim. .... Order status ...in my garage

Comment

My all time favorite is this bombshell. Click image for larger version

Name:	FBA6E07C-F3B0-44BF-AE01-FC4C677F8DE4.jpeg
Views:	218
Size:	193.6 KB
ID:	38232
              Black 3LT. Z51 mag ride front lift. black wheels and trim. .... Order status ...in my garage

Comment

lol , Who cares what these cars will be worth 20 years from now. I'll be 85 twenty years from now and probably in a box. I agree with John and others , buy within budget. Why wait for the ZR1 version. ? BUY NOW and enjoy the predicted longevity of this model. There probably will not be any real major body changes for many years. The base model will be current for many years and the first buyers will have the luxury of owning a car for more years with a style that will not be outdated. And why wait till they introduce a ZO6 with more horsepower? Is 500 HP not enough? I want my C8 now, lol. And, if you a car with reasonable resale value in the near future, buy a base car . If you look at what the base C7s did they held their value well in comparison with other cars. The base LT1 2014 C7s were selling around 40k a year ago. Today it will be hard to get MMR of $40,600 for a base 2019.. One thing I do know is that anybody that orders one of these cars without the front lift option will be sorry. These cars are going to be lower to the ground than the C7 and anyone with a C7 knows the obstacles presented by the cars height. Talking to Ferrari owners who owned Ferraris of the past sure wished Ferrari even offered such an option. I have to GM credit for thinking of the lift option on the first produced cars. I am ordering mine in GO FAST CHASE ME AND IF YOU CAN CATCH ME GIVE ME A TICKET RED. PAINTED RED CALIPERS, PERFORMANCE EXHAUST AND SILVER WHEELS . AND THE FRONT LIFT OPTION. Chrome wheels will not go with the European styling of these cars. Are there any Ferraris with chrome wheels? I was also told by Tom Thompson of McMulkin Chevy that it MAY NOT matter where you are on the pre order list that the less extravagant you are wilt your order you may get your car sooner than a person that is first on the list as Bowling Green May be building these cars sooner than release and stock piling them They have to be doing something with 400 new employes. Made sense to me. NO, I want my C8 yesterday. .

Comment

I think the only first year C7 that qualifies as a collectible is VIN #1. Even the two limited trim options (Pacific and Atlantic, I think?) aren't really collectibles. Modern Corvettes are just built in too large a quantity. Maybe in 50 years a C7 will be a collectible, but that's about it.

If what I've been told is correct, a bunch of people paid absurd amounts of money for the original ZR-1 because they figured it would be a collectible, and have never come close to even breaking even, much less making a profit.

But if I had a time machine I'd go back and buy a '63 SWC, and a '67 427/435, coat them in cosmoline, wrap them in plastic, store them in Arizona, and them come back and unpack them. (Oh, and I'd also buy into Microsoft's IPO, Apple just before they announced the iPhone, and Google and Amazon at their IPOs.)
                  Last edited by meyerweb; 05-29-2019, 03:36 PM.
                  Delivered 5/29!: Scarlet Fever 2021 2LT HTC, Red Mist Metallic Tintcoat, two-tone Natural w/ suede inserts, Mag Ride, Performance Exhaust

Current C7: SunKissed, 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black overDaytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club: https://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org/

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

For C3 generation and up, traditionally the most collectable cars have been the special editions (79 pace car aside ). So if you really want a collectable C8, you probably will have to wait until GM introduces a limited edition. And that means missing out on some great C8 driving in the meantime! Not an acceptable tradeoff in my book.

Edit: MikeC8, what a great collection of cars! Very inspiring. If I tried to assemble a similar collage of the cars I've owned it would have a decidedly more Japanese flavor. And much lower total horsepower.
                    Last edited by Klinn; 05-29-2019, 06:04 PM.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X