Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 3 < >

Corvette Today: Carbon Revolution, from Australia, Discuss Their Carbon Fiber Wheels

Your CORVETTE TODAY host, Steve Garrett sits down with Tim deSouze from Australia and Brad Lethorn from their North American office. https://youtu.be/F0LBAqkYjY4; https://podcasts.adorilabs.com/corve...rxNOYlIxPjYr24. Tim and Brad talk about the origins of the company, what other car brands they make Carbon Fiber wheels for and the future of Carbon Fiber!It's a fascinating and informative show! Don't miss this episode of CORVETTE TODAY.

Don't miss a single episode of CORVETTE TODAY on podcast and YouTube. Each week's episode launches on Monday at 12 midnight Eastern Time.Listen to the show, watch the YouTube video, join the Facebook group, sign up for email notifications and shop in the CORVETTE TODAY Merchandise Store at:
www.CorvetteTodayPodcast.com
2 of 3 < >

Ten Words Maximum Or POTM’s Disqualified

Every single month people are forgetting how to count to ten — the maximum amount of words in our POTM contest. So starting tomorrow, if your entry exceeds 10 words, it would be DISQUALIFIED for the month. No “re-do’s,” edits. nor substitutions afterward.
3 of 3 < >

2023 Corvette Info Including SR Pricing, SR 2023 Visualizer, 70th Anniversary SR/Z06 Press Release; The C8 Z06 Press Release, Order Guide & Its Visualizer Link

See more
See less

GM Officially: 2022 C8’s End Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Vette404 View Post
    This is confusing to me because I sit at code 3400 for 2022 with a VIN of 25131, would I now become a 2023 automatically?

Ending serial number from yesterday was 24,253. If your VIN is 25131, to make it a MY2022, the plant would have to assemble 878 C8s by EOD today, which isn't possible. Therefore it appears that your's will be a MY2023.
    Last edited by Atlantan; 05-13-2022, 11:19 AM.
    Mar 2021 allocation:2LT C8 HTC Z51, Accelerate Yellow, Mag ride, front lift.
    CF: roof and nacelles, mirror and High Wing Spoiler. Sigala Design Carbon Flash Rocker panels.
    20/21 Vossen HF-5 Carbon Flash finish, yellow calipers, Paragon lowering collars.
    Sky Cool Gray, Napa leather seating surfaces with perforated sueded microfiber inserts GT2 sears and steering, torch red seat belts. Custom Cargrills Radiator screens, Attack Blue Filter.

Comment

Originally posted by Vette404 View Post
      This is confusing to me because I sit at code 3400 for 2022 with a VIN of 25131, would I now become a 2023 automatically?
      I doubt it but have no confirmed information. I believe that your car will be completed as a 2022 — but again that it just my best belief. They already have their initial 2023 orders scheduled so how’s this for a possibility to get them all done today. They had some export cars lined up for production last week and this; what if to make the last of the U.S. 2022’s while they batch moved all the exports to 2023?

Export orders are not customized as ours are; they are batch put together. Anyway that thanks to Keith Cornett is another option of how ALL 2022 U.S. cars will be completed today.
      Z06 coming late this summer: Hypersonic Gray HTC, two tone blue interior, complete high wing/aero package. CCB’s, with every piece of visible carbon fiber available. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 24 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Originally posted by netsinah View Post

Someone just told me they have a 2022 VIN confirmed by the NCM for next week, so perhaps the Corvette Action Center has faulty or outdated intel? We'll soon find out...
        A top member of CorvetteAction Center works for one of the top Corvette dealers in the country so when they have seen official GM communication, they truly have had their eye***** on it. So I doubt their info is not precise.

Z06 coming late this summer: Hypersonic Gray HTC, two tone blue interior, complete high wing/aero package. CCB’s, with every piece of visible carbon fiber available. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 24 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

This was posted in another forum as to the end of the MY22 production (from "insider info"). This would make sense as to how they complete all MY22 orders. I have no facts, just posting what I have read.

Last edited by KentCNC; 05-13-2022, 04:08 PM.

Comment

https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...roduction-date

BGA will be building 2022s next week. Any order for a 2022 that is at 3000 or higher will be built as a 2022. GM can't* and won't turn an order for a 2022 into a 2023. Worst case, they'll delay the start of 2023s even further if that's what is necessary to complete all the 2022s.

*That would be a unilateral contract change, which is illegal under every state's laws. If you contracted for, and GM accepted your contract, to build a 2022, they can no more change that to a 2023 without your consent than they could change your order to Torch Red instead of Black and to Z51 instead of a base model.
            Delivered 5/29!: Scarlet Fever 2021 2LT HTC, Red Mist Metallic Tintcoat, two-tone Naturalw/ suede inserts, Mag Ride, Performance Exhaust, MRR 755 Gunmetal wheels

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club: https://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org/

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

Originally posted by meyerweb View Post
              https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...roduction-date

BGA will be building 2022s next week. Any order for a 2022 that is at 3000 or higher will be built as a 2022. GM can't* and won't turn an order for a 2022 into a 2023. Worst case, they'll delay the start of 2023s even further if that's what is necessary to complete all the 2022s.

*That would be a unilateral contract change, which is illegal under every state's laws. If you contracted for, and GM accepted your contract, to build a 2022, they can no more change that to a 2023 without your consent than they could change your order to Torch Red instead of Black and to Z51 instead of a base model.
              GM could make the last MY22 as MY23 but keep the price at MY22, I think? Presuming the specs conform to MY23 ordering that is (as we know some options are no longer available).
              Coupe, 1LT, Rapid Blue, orange seat belts and black interior. ETA Late 2021.

First mods: tinted windows, orange DIY stitching, orange 12 o clock stripe on steering wheel, orange EL-wire in the cabin, orange engine cover, orange painted grille protectors and orange led light in engine bay✌️😎

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
                If only we could send “patience packets” to each other while others await theirs.
                To be a C8 Corvette owner you need "the patience of Job and the persistence of a fire ant". You can quote me. The car is a blast, guys. It's a once-in-a-lifetime ride. i have no regrets, but I only waited about 1 year. I can understand the angst of waiting longer, but I can tell you its worth it.

Comment

Every single time I pick up the C8 keys I get excited. When I get to the garage I can’t help smiling. When I remote start the beast, the sound I get chills (granted I have the AWE Track Exhaust installed and I can literally feel the vibrations a lot in the chest even when parked in a big garage complex…!!) and when I get i to the seat all three feelings kicks in again…

As a side note; Regarding the AWE Track Exhaust: I’ve listened to the Paragon Performance and that sounds good too, but as a comparison… you can’t compare those two… the AWE Track Exhaust is another level raw/rowdy the good way (if you like non-muffled raw sound from a 6.2L muscle car engine). It is louder, more raspy, deeper and it burples and pops like no other push-rod engine I have ever heard. No regrets and I no longer long for cars on the street doing these tricks, anymore… I know I got the perfect trickster in the garage😁

Yes, it will drone in V4 mode, but I keep my C8 in manual, problem solved.
                  Last edited by Top Off Action; 05-13-2022, 08:15 PM.
                  Coupe, 1LT, Rapid Blue, orange seat belts and black interior. ETA Late 2021.

First mods: tinted windows, orange DIY stitching, orange 12 o clock stripe on steering wheel, orange EL-wire in the cabin, orange engine cover, orange painted grille protectors and orange led light in engine bay✌️😎

Comment

Hard to believe my c8 is three model years old .....(and still worth more than any of us paid)

another 10 months and Im definitely ordering up a 4 year 40k mile extension to the gm warranty probably at a cost of 2 grand give or take a few dollars.i think its the 29 th month or 29k mile mark that I usually buy the gmepp warranty.

Its refundable (in prrated fashion) if you decide to trade in the vehicle yet secind owners might feel enthisastic if you sell the vehicle on your own if you have that gm extended warranty...

i live my current c8...im three model years in and every time I daily drive this sports car my whole day lights up...not to mention all the great new friends I meet who just dig this ride..happens all the ti e ti this day..men and women, boys and girls all light up big ti e with the c8.

id say for so many reasons we have a hell of a sports car here.

Comment

Glad my 2022 Z51 car was built before the crazy constraints took hold. If GM were running a diner, a constraint on ground beef would allow cheeseburgers to only consist of a bun and melted cheese, but no meat.
                      2022 HTC 2LT Z51
                      Front lift, mag ride
                      black exterior, adrenaline red interior, bright red calipers

Comment

Originally posted by Top Off Action View Post

GM could make the last MY22 as MY23 but keep the price at MY22, I think? Presuming the specs conform to MY23 ordering that is (as we know some options are no longer available).
                        Nope. A contract is a contract. GM can't unilaterally change your order without your consent. And it's far easier to delay the start of MY 23 by a day or two than to contact several hundred owners to get written agreement to switch them to a '23.
                        Delivered 5/29!: Scarlet Fever 2021 2LT HTC, Red Mist Metallic Tintcoat, two-tone Naturalw/ suede inserts, Mag Ride, Performance Exhaust, MRR 755 Gunmetal wheels

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club: https://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org/

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

I don't believe this at all! It is revision 4 for one thing. I'd bet that this was the original document BEFORE the week shut down.
                          Meyerweb is correct.
                          GM can't unilaterally change your order without your consent
                          Most have contracts with dealers. These contracts usually state that if they can not provide the car as ordered the contract becomes null and void. It is then up to the dealer to be honest and put you at the top of the line for a 2023.
                          I have direct knowledge of a forum member with a 2022 vin that was confirmed by the museum to be built on Wednesday the 18th of May 2022.
                          Murray - Uxbridge, Ontario, Canada
                          2020 Torch red Stingray coupe, Adrenaline red 2LT Q8Q E60 NPP
                          Deposit: July 30/19, 1100: Sept 15/19, 3000: Feb 14/20, TPW WAS May 18, August 24 and lastly July 27,
                          3300: July 15, 3400: July 22, 3800: July 30, 4200: Aug 06, 5000: Aug 7, 6000: Aug 12!

Comment

Originally posted by ShrikePilot View Post

They're actually doing exceptional on the C8, compared to the C7. Not bad considering supply shortages and such. Not bad at all.

This said, it will be interesting how the Z06 will factor in to all this.

We're not celebrities or 'influencers', so we simply have to wait like all everyone else; I ordered what I thought was going to be a '22 back in July of 21, I finally went 3000 for a '23 back on 8 April, and gets built next week. I have a feeling it will be worth it at the end!
                            Congrats I am so happy for you!!! That is such a long wait.

Comment

Originally posted by Murray20c8 View Post
                              I don't believe this at all! It is revision 4 for one thing. I'd bet that this was the original document BEFORE the week shut down.
                              Meyerweb is correct.
                              Most have contracts with dealers. These contracts usually state that if they can not provide the car as ordered the contract becomes null and void. It is then up to the dealer to be honest and put you at the top of the line for a 2023.
                              I have direct knowledge of a forum member with a 2022 vin that was confirmed by the museum to be built on Wednesday the 18th of May 2022.
                              This has been an interesting series of completing information. First BGA had to shut down about six months ago and we correspondingly saw that the end of the 2022’s would move forward on week to May 13th. Then the week of the Bash we know BGA closed down again for a week and yet we never saw and extension beyond May 13th for EORP for producing those April 25-29th closed out production.

Is it possible as many are asking that the internal GM memo which was released several days ago to all its dealers contained a major mistake in not picking up that second week of closure and it adhering to yesterday being the last day of the 2022”s?

It is increasing looking like that is exactly what has happened.

Comment

Yep, that's what it looks like to me. It was clearly a mistake.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X