Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

2023 Corvette Info Including SR Pricing, SR 2023 Visualizer, 70th Anniversary SR/Z06 Press Release; The C8 Z06 Press Release, Order Guide & Its Visualizer Link

See more
See less

Constraints This DOSP: Z51 and Mag ride dilemma

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Constraints This DOSP: Z51 and Mag ride dilemma

My friend who was matched to an allocation last week was just notified by his dealer that due to constraints, the only car that can be ordered now is a Z51 without mag ride. Mag ride is not available on any build currently...see below:

Good afternoon,

Today is order day and we are working on getting all of our orders placed with GM.

I am reaching out because your order has NO Z51 and NO Magnetic ride control. All cars with no Z51 and no Mag Ride are on CONSTRAINT. (SEE BELOW)

** There is a national constraint once again on cars with Z51 package and Magnetic Ride Control (FE4), Also constraint on cars with (FE2) Magnetic ride control with NO Z51 package and constraint on Non Z51/ Non Magnetic ride cars!

** There is also a constraint on the new Midnight gray 20 spoke wheels with red stripe (Q9A), those wheels do come in the 70th anniversary package so that package is on constraint as well.

** The last constraint is the (PEF/RIA) - All weather liner package and all weather floor mats.

Moral of the story is that unfortunately the only cars that car really be ordered are cars that have Z51 package with no Magnetic ride control.

DUE TO THIS BEING A TIME SENSITIVE MATTER, PLEASE DO NOT CALL IF YOU ARE NOT INTERESTED IN ORDERING A CAR WITH Z51 PACKAGE AND NO MAG RIDE!! AFTER WE GET THROUGH THIS ALLOCATION CYCLE WE CAN ANSWER ANY QUESTIONS YOU HAVE NEXT WEEK.

** If you ARE WILLING to ADD the Z51 Performance Package to your orderand have your order placed, please reach out ASAP.

If you are NOT WILLING to ADD it, please send us an email letting me know that you ARE NOT willing to ADD it to your order!

He was ordering a non-Z51 with the mag ride option....anyone with any idea as to when that build will be available??
    65 coupe black 396
    81 coupe green 350
    99 coupe black 5.7 l
    + 59 other lesser varieties

We have no idea. This is at least the third ordering cycle in which the world wide chip issue has hurt Corvette’s with mag ride. It could end tomorrow or be with us for months. Sorry no way to know.

I can tell you I triple verified what your dealer told you, “that no standard Stingrays were able to get mag ride,” was correct nationwide — not just your dealer making it up because they were not granted any of that combination.. However a very limited number of Z51’s nationally were able to get mag ride.

Sorry been at this long enough to learn two things that sometimes dealers instead having to deliver bad news to their customers, creatively re-craft things differently than they are national wide so the downside news has “nothing to do with us,” when in fact that dealership because their being smaller (generally) was not offered any of a very limited nationwide allocation. In this case what you were told was correct for every one of the 2,911 Chevy dealers.
    Z06 coming late this summer: Hypersonic Gray HTC, two tone blue interior, complete high wing/aero package. CCB’s, with every piece of visible carbon fiber available. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 24 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

John,

Why would non z51 and non mag cars be constrained? Only Z51 with non mag can be ordered? Thats really bad.

Comment

Originally posted by jsp1267 View Post
        John,

Why would non z51 and non mag cars be constrained? Only Z51 with non mag can be ordered? Thats really bad.
        There seems to be no rhyme or reason to this "constraint". Another poster said his mag ride order was accepted (but his post did not specify whether it was a Z51 or non-Z51).

https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...ge2#post376913

I'll just have to wait until Mr.Furman calls me with an allocation--it's already past his original 10-11 month guesstimate, but I accept and understand that.

However, this uncertainty about mag ride is hard to deal with, as I want a non-Z51 but WITH mag ride.

Comment

John,

This is my question as well.

Comment

For what is is worth this I am fairly sure this is the 3rd order cycle that I have been "constrained out". Original deposit was 3/21/21.
            • Allocation came up for the first order cycle for 2023. Originally I spec'd a non Z51 with Mag ride. I did not get into the first cycle due to FE2 constraint.
            • Resubmitted same spec. in the next order cycle and again was not able to order due to FE2 constraint.
            • For the past order cycle 5/12 I decided to change my spec to Z51 with FE4 hoping to get Mag ride. Unfortunately I was constrained out (again Mag ride) and now am waiting for June cycle.
            • Each time I was offered and allocation without FE2 or FE4 (spec dependent) and declined.
            • As frustrating as this is it is a first world issue and I am not going to compromise on Mag ride. I live in a great area with wonderful roads for spirited driving. Currently I have the Bosch adjustable shock system on my Alfa Romeo Giulia and use the adjustability frequently on the back roads of Virginia.
            I do wish that GM would provide more transparency to the dealer network so that the parts shortage could be explained, at least in terms of duration.

Comment

John,

I saw a statement that the non Z51 was constrained because of mLSD shortages.
              2020 C8 Stingray Convertible - Torch Red - Natural Dipped 3LT - Z51 w/MSRC - Front Lift

Comment

Your saga is not encouraging, fellow Old Dominioner SMLNick. And I certainly agree with your last sentence that clarity is needed from GM.

Did anyone who attended the BASH event dare to ask why mag ride is constrained and what parts are in short supply?
                Last edited by My1stVette; 05-13-2022, 10:51 AM.

Comment

My wife and I attended the BASH and did not hear and news on the mag ride constraint, but other forum members might have additional insight. I did e-mail Mary Barra this morning asking that GM provide the dealers with transparency regarding the estimated duration of constraints. It seems as thought the more complex the issue the longer the constraint, but this is only an observation.

Comment

John,
                    Do you (or your birdies) have any insight regarding the reason for the constraint on Base Stingray C8s with FE1 suspension?
                    Thanks!
                    1992 White C4 Coupe
                    1998 Torch Red C5 Coupe
                    2008 Crystal Red Metallic C6 Coupe
                    2014 Laguna Blue Metallic C7 Stingray Coupe
                    Arriving Late Summer 2022: 2023 Stingray Convertible: 3LT, Red Mist w/Natural Interior, Body Color Accents, Front End Lift, Low Profile Spoiler and Front Splitter, Edge Red Calipers, Performance Exhaust, CF Interior Trim, Stealth Interior, Museum Delivery.
                    Deposit placed with MM 10/7/2021

Comment

Thanks John for the info....not what my buddy wants to hear!!
                      65 coupe black 396
                      81 coupe green 350
                      99 coupe black 5.7 l
                      + 59 other lesser varieties

Comment

I had my allocation come up today. Same story here in Canada, all was able to be ordered except for mag ride. Took a few minutes to think it over and decided to wait another month and hope it comes off constraint. Definitely one of those options that I would really like to have. Couldn’t, or at least didn’t want, to settle on a $120k car. Didn’t want to regret it even though it’s something I might not even miss. Now, if the word from GM was no mag ride for 6 months or a long period of time maybe I would go without. Oh well, see what happens next month I guess.

Comment

For you and all others, we hope that for next month’s allocations that mag ride is available on every order a customer wants it.
                          Z06 coming late this summer: Hypersonic Gray HTC, two tone blue interior, complete high wing/aero package. CCB’s, with every piece of visible carbon fiber available. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 24 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Originally posted by My1stVette View Post

There seems to be no rhyme or reason to this "constraint". Another poster said his mag ride order was accepted (but his post did not specify whether it was a Z51 or non-Z51).

https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...ge2#post376913

I'll just have to wait until Mr.Furman calls me with an allocation--it's already past his original 10-11 month guesstimate, but I accept and understand that.

However, this uncertainty about mag ride is hard to deal with, as I want a non-Z51 but WITH mag ride.
                            One obvious difference would be that Z51 includes a significantly different differential assembly. I’ve heard a rumor (that may or may not be true) that the mechanical differential is supply limited but the electronic differential is not. If true, that would explain limited availability of non-Z51 cars.

There are also perhaps more than one class of part with constrained supplies at the moment. The suspension issues seem to me to be due to a different shortage, either with shock assemblies or electronics. We may see one constraint lifted or relieved before the other.
                            Last edited by CaryBob; 05-13-2022, 05:27 PM.
                            Convertible delivered 9/11/20 — Long Beach Red/Natural, 3LT, Z51, FE4 Suspension, E60 Front Lift, FA5 Carbon Fiber Trim, Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents, 5ZZ High Wing, D84 Carbon Flash Top & Nacelles, ZYC Carbon Flash Mirrors, 3N9 Tan Belts, VQK Splash Guards.

Comment

As all the Z06 cars will have mag ride it will be interesting to see how this all plays out in the next few weeks.

Can't build them without it. I wouldn't want to be the GM guy or gal that has to decide who gets the parts and who doesn't, if the shortage continues.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X