Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

CORVETTE TODAY #115 - Corvette News & Headlines, Late June 2022

We've got the latest News & Headlines in the world of Corvette for you every other week! Keith Cornett from CorvetteBlogger is back to give you the inside scoop on what's happening. https://youtu.be/ZnVdDJHYDxo; https://podcasts.adorilabs.com/corve...2cqLUlcMmj6m4x
Here are a few of the topics covered on next week's podcast....
C8 Z06 benchmarked Porsche, Audi, Ferrari and McLaren
Chevrolet raises prices on 2023 C8 Stingray
Chevrolet adds DCT transmission filter life to maintenance tab on 2023 Corvettes
Chevy offers "Dark Stealth" crossed flags for 2023 Corvettes
WEC drops GTE Pro class for 2023 and introduces GTE Premium for 2024
Chevrolet is offering Dark Stealth Crossed Flags for the 2023 Corvettes
Is Corvette is scheduled for an interior refresh in 2024?
Chevrolet to offer 1 of 1 Mint Green Z06 in first NFT Auction
GM releases 2 more videos about the C8 Z06
This Friday, July 1st, is "Drive Your Corvette To Work" Day!

Don't miss a single episode of CORVETTE TODAY on podcast and YouTube. Each week's episode launches on Monday at 12 midnight Eastern Time.
2 of 2 < >

2023 Corvette Info Including SR Pricing, SR 2023 Visualizer, 70th Anniversary SR/Z06 Press Release; The C8 Z06 Press Release, Order Guide & Its Visualizer Link

See more
See less

Contest: Collective Hunt CTF Z06 VIN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Contest: Collective Hunt CTF Z06 VIN

ADMIN UPDATE: Contest closed winner is “whl3” who posted the pictures in this today (6/25 thread). Bill, we will send you your prize for being Home
    https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...t-watkins-glen

Let’s please use all of our collective skills and luck and capture and share here a full VIN for a CTF Z06. And EX one will not work. That will opening some parts information to us (thanks to a capable person in the right area but outside of GM proper) — so all would be right, proper, and legit for us to have that info.

In fact, let’s have a contest and give a prize to that successful sleuth (1st one to find it wins, except of course if it is a member of the MECF admin/mod team for no prizes for you ever).
    Z06 coming late this summer: Hypersonic Gray HTC, two tone blue interior, complete high wing/aero package. CCB’s, with every piece of visible carbon fiber available. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 24 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

These are "EX" Z06s as seen at the Bash.

For the C7 Z06, the last part of the CTF VIN was 55xxxxx and the production VIN was 56xxxxxx.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1708r.jpg
Views:	385
Size:	434.2 KB
ID:	376646

Name:	IMG_1712r.jpg
Views:	368
Size:	574.3 KB
ID:	376647

Name:	IMG_1724r.jpg
Views:	370
Size:	535.9 KB
ID:	376648

1966 coupe - Sunfire Yellow / Black
    2004 Z06 - Millennium Yellow / Black

NCM Lifetime Member since 2003

Comment

John,

A great contest...I wonder if anyone can get a close look at the new Pace Car and photograph that one's vin number? That one "may" be the CTF we are looking for...

As an aside to this, does anyone have a clear idea when 2022 production will stop?

As a long time "vin chaser" this is right up my alley. Still attempting to compile a list of the C8 Z06 prototypes...I think we have 5 or six logged now...

Comment

2022 production will stop this Friday or tomorrow
        Z06 coming late this summer: Hypersonic Gray HTC, two tone blue interior, complete high wing/aero package. CCB’s, with every piece of visible carbon fiber available. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 24 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

The ELB one looks like it has a CTF sticker so maybe someone could track it down to get a pic of the VIN.

https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...e-captured-itw
          1966 coupe - Sunfire Yellow / Black
          2004 Z06 - Millennium Yellow / Black

NCM Lifetime Member since 2003

Comment

1st is 1 USA
            2nd is G GM
            3rd is 1 Chevrolet
            4th is Y Corvette
            5th is F Option Code I.E. CF Interior accents or something akin
            6th is 2 Coupe
            7th is always D (restraint system)
            8th is 3 engine type LT6
            9th is check digit
            10th is model year p = 2023 (Thanks ZL-1 for confirming P = 2023)
            11th is 5 = Bowling Green
            12th 0 = CTF
            The rest is partial vin
            Last edited by Murray20c8; 05-13-2022, 07:51 AM.
            Murray - Uxbridge, Ontario, Canada
            2020 Torch red Stingray coupe, Adrenaline red 2LT Q8Q E60 NPP
            Deposit: July 30/19, 1100: Sept 15/19, 3000: Feb 14/20, TPW WAS May 18, August 24 and lastly July 27,
            3300: July 15, 3400: July 22, 3800: July 30, 4200: Aug 06, 5000: Aug 7, 6000: Aug 12!

Comment

I always check out the CTF cars at the Bash. It was disappointing there were no Z06s yet but I did come across some CTF Stingrays:

2023:
              P5000003
              P5000009
              P5000030
              P5000041

2022:
              N5000011
              N5000032
              N5000049
              N5000053

2021:
              M5000016

I suspect that some of the GM guys who were driving the “older” CTF Stingrays are anxiously awaiting CTF Z06s

Comment

Good finds. At the very end a Corvette team told me we are real soon to getting the first CTF Z06’s. I love the idea of someone getting close enough to the true Indy 500 Z06 Pace car as international blue suggested.

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
                  Good finds. At the very end a Corvette team told me we are real soon to getting the first CTF Z06’s. I love the idea of someone getting close enough to the true Indy 500 Z06 Pace car as international blue suggested.
                  Are the cars spotted driving around with CTF stickers not CTF cars? I thought mark confirmed in march 37 had already been built

Comment

That was not correct information. The first Z06 CTF was still days away as per the Corvette team at the Bash.

Comment

Originally posted by International blue View Post
                      John,

A great contest...I wonder if anyone can get a close look at the new Pace Car and photograph that one's vin number? That one "may" be the CTF we are looking for...
                      The pace car revealed the other day has an "EX" VIN.

Comment

Darn. Oh well it was a good avenue to pursue. Thank you viper007.

Welcome to our Corvette community. We like gearheads!!!

Comment

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news on the pace car. Glad to help though. I've enjoyed following the hunt to track down "EX" and CTF VINs.

Comment

Originally posted by viper007 View Post

The pace car revealed the other day has an "EX" VIN.

Can the number be posted? There are 5 known vin prototypes, and it would be so fun to someday get the information of which ones were at the Ring and on the drives...

Could the Pace car be the refreshed white car that was camouflaged while running at the ring? I suspect that she is...hopefully this gives a chance for GM to preserve one of these very special cars....

Comment

Originally posted by International blue View Post

Can the number be posted? There are 5 known vin prototypes, and it would be so fun to someday get the information of which ones were at the Ring and on the drives...

Could the Pace car be the refreshed white car that was camouflaged while running at the ring? I suspect that she is...hopefully this gives a chance for GM to preserve one of these very special cars....
                              I have been asked to not share the VIN, but it’s possible that it and the other backup cars will come into the public domain in the next week or so.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X