Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

CORVETTE TODAY #115 - Corvette News & Headlines, Late June 2022

We've got the latest News & Headlines in the world of Corvette for you every other week! Keith Cornett from CorvetteBlogger is back to give you the inside scoop on what's happening. https://youtu.be/ZnVdDJHYDxo; https://podcasts.adorilabs.com/corve...2cqLUlcMmj6m4x
Here are a few of the topics covered on next week's podcast....
C8 Z06 benchmarked Porsche, Audi, Ferrari and McLaren
Chevrolet raises prices on 2023 C8 Stingray
Chevrolet adds DCT transmission filter life to maintenance tab on 2023 Corvettes
Chevy offers "Dark Stealth" crossed flags for 2023 Corvettes
WEC drops GTE Pro class for 2023 and introduces GTE Premium for 2024
Chevrolet is offering Dark Stealth Crossed Flags for the 2023 Corvettes
Is Corvette is scheduled for an interior refresh in 2024?
Chevrolet to offer 1 of 1 Mint Green Z06 in first NFT Auction
GM releases 2 more videos about the C8 Z06
This Friday, July 1st, is "Drive Your Corvette To Work" Day!

Don't miss a single episode of CORVETTE TODAY on podcast and YouTube. Each week's episode launches on Monday at 12 midnight Eastern Time.
2 of 2 < >

2023 Corvette Info Including SR Pricing, SR 2023 Visualizer, 70th Anniversary SR/Z06 Press Release; The C8 Z06 Press Release, Order Guide & Its Visualizer Link

See more
See less

The 70th Anniversary 2023 Corvette Z06 is the Official Pace Car of the Indy 500

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The 70th Anniversary 2023 Corvette Z06 is the Official Pace Car of the Indy 500

Click image for larger version

Name:	051022_6.jpg
Views:	3213
Size:	129.0 KB
ID:	376286

Crossposted from CorvetteBlogger.com

This morning at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway, IMS President J. Douglas Boles and Chevrolet Motorsports representative Todd Christensen announced the official pace car of the 2022 Indianapolis 500 will be the 2023 Corvette Z06 wearing a special 70th Anniversary livery. This is the 19th time that Corvette has been chosen to lead the pack of IndyCar racers to the Green Flag and the start of “The Greatest Spectacle in Racing.” The announcement was made on the famous “Yard of Bricks” which constitutes the start/finish line at the historic racing venue.

Driving the 70th Anniversary Edition Corvette Z06 Pace Car is former IndyCar Series driver and team owner Sarah Fisher, who still holds the record as the fastest woman in Indianapolis 500 history. Fisher has nine starts in the Indy 500 between 2000 and 2010 which is also a record for female drivers.

Name:	051022_8b.jpg
Views:	953
Size:	72.3 KB
ID:	376287

“Every time I’ve had the opportunity to drive at Indianapolis Motor Speedway, it’s been special – from INDYCAR SERIES cars to two-seaters to vintage cars,” Fisher said. “Driving the Pace Car is just as special of an honor. And to have served in that role for the NTT INDYCAR SERIES since Johnny Rutherford retired, I’ve had many great memories to add to my career.

“I am humbled and proud to become the official Pace Car driver for the 106th Indianapolis 500 and to represent the hard work and development that Chevrolet puts into these fantastic pieces of automobile advancement and technology.”

Name:	051022_10b.jpg
Views:	949
Size:	67.9 KB
ID:	376288

The 2023 Corvette Z06 is equipped with the Z07 Performance Package that includes the carbon fiber high wing, aerodynamic ground effects, and carbon ceramic brakes for additional stopping power. As it’s the 70th Anniversary model, the Corvette is finished in the exclusive White Pearl Tri-Coat Metallic paint and it includes 70th Anniversary badges, Edge Red brake calipers, and 70th Anniversary logos on the seats, steering wheel, and sill plates. We can also see a large 70th Anniversary graphic on the top of the car, and looking into the engine hatch we see the 670-hp LT6 dual manifolds finished in Edge Red as well.

Name:	051022_11b.jpg
Views:	956
Size:	59.4 KB
ID:	376289

Adding to the livery is an asymmetric stripe package created by Chevrolet’s Performance Design Studio while red trim is also found on the front splitter and side rockers. The large Indy 500 graphic is affixed to the doors while the famous wheel and wings logo of the Indy 500 is on the rear quarter panels.

“The Chevrolet Team is proud to pace the Indianapolis 500 for the 33rd time, while celebrating 70 years of Corvette,” said Steve Majoros, vice president of Chevrolet Marketing. “It’s only fitting the Indianapolis 500 will be the first race the 2023 Corvette Z06 paces, a truly special moment for Corvette and INDYCAR fans around the world.”

Name:	051022_9b.jpg
Views:	956
Size:	112.4 KB
ID:	376290

“Sarah Fisher is an Indianapolis 500 icon who always takes the time to appreciate her fans and represent the Indianapolis Motor Speedway and ‘The Greatest Spectacle in Racing’ with class and humility,” IMS President J. Douglas Boles said. “She is such a fitting person for this honor, and it will be such a thrill and privilege to see her lead the field of 33 cars to the green flag before a huge crowd at the track and a global television audience. “I’m sure Sarah will enjoy driving the 2023 Corvette Z06 70th Anniversary Edition, which is an incredible car with the performance to match its great looks.”

The green flag for the 106th Indianapolis 500 will be waved on Sunday, May 29 at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway. Watch all the action on ABC-TV.
    Senior Editor and Founder of CorvetteBlogger.com. I drive my dad's 1966 Corvette Sting Ray Convertible and the National Corvette Museum is my personal Graceland.

That engine under glass is so hot in red! Click image for larger version

Name:	Indy Red.png
Views:	828
Size:	923.5 KB
ID:	376293

Comment

What great news. An amazing car driven by a superb pace car driver! We are living in the golden age (though clearly in a 2022 way and not the only golden away.

Thanks CorvetteBlogger!
      Z06 coming late this summer: Hypersonic Gray HTC, two tone blue interior, complete high wing/aero package. CCB’s, with every piece of visible carbon fiber available. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 24 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Oh NO! We left the Bash completely decided on our Hypersonic Gray HTC, and ****, another option pops up. Guessing wildly @ $8,995 for the full Indy 500 livery included.
        Z06 coming late this summer: Hypersonic Gray HTC, two tone blue interior, complete high wing/aero package. CCB’s, with every piece of visible carbon fiber available. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 24 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

I need this one 😊

Comment

If I can get one this is what I want! What an amazing package!
            Born Feb 26, 2020! GS7 Elkhart Lake Blue, Jet black/suede interior; Yellow stitching and belts. Z51 & Mag Ride; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6E yellow Calipers;

Comment

Hey John! Check out the intake manifold! I'm thinking the answer to our question might have been answered there...

Comment

Originally posted by cacargirl View Post
                I need this one 😊
                You deserve it!

Comment

WOW... What a STUNNING looking Corvette indeed!!!
                  Marc

Comment

No doubt the TV crew will be interviewing Chevy and/or corvette personnel. Might this be an opportunity from a Chevy spokesperson on national TV to casually announce "that this amazing car starts at $89k and Chevy dealers will be placing orders in a few weeks."

I remain optimistic.
                    2021 Red Mist HTC / Z51 /Mag Ride / Yellow Calipers / C-Flash Mirrors and Wing / Front Lift / Black 3LT / CF Interior Trim / Yellow Belts and Stitching

Atomic Orange C6. Plenty of engine and suspension mods. Gone, but not forgotten

Member, Old Dominion Corvette Club https://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org/

Comment

I read in the Fox News press release statement that Chevy will produce 3 of these pace cars identically matched. My question will these be CTF cars and if so what happens to them after the race event. Probably would go for big money at a charity auction if that is what GM does.

Comment

John any way to find out if this livery will be available as an option for the 70th? Thanks!

Comment

I hope whoever is driving the pace car on race day leaves the traction control on.

Comment

Originally posted by 455SDguy View Post
                            I read in the Fox News press release statement that Chevy will produce 3 of these pace cars identically matched. My question will these be CTF cars and if so what happens to them after the race event. Probably would go for big money at a charity auction if that is what GM does.
                            GM usually makes up at least 3 Pace vehicles, where 2 of them are for backups in case there is any drivability issues with the 1st Pace vehicle.

Typically, GM will save one Pace vehicle for their Heritage Center. If they are not EXP or CTF vehicles then the other two could be sold later on but they both will have to be decommissioned in that all their strobe pace/ track lighting will not be able to function anymore.

BTW: GM will probably make up an "X" number of these styled Z06 Pace Vehicles for-sale in the future during the 2023 MY, of course without any actual strobe lighting.
                            Last edited by Marc NY; 05-10-2022, 02:41 PM.
                            Marc

Comment

I would buy that livery car…looks like what I want and the plenums in red are so sexy. Please tell us we can get most or all of that car John!

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X