MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 4 < >

Welcome Ikon Performance As Our Featured Forum Vendor

We are extremely pleased to have the high quality firm of Ikon Performance join us with their C8 exhaust system being their lead C8 product. Ikon is at: http://www.ikonperformance.com/c8-Co...xhaust-system/ Their C8 exhaust is bent, made of 304 stainless, with round exhaust tips and more.
2 of 4 < >

Corvette Today Podcast IS On Now With CorvetteBlogger and Steve Garrett

Steve Garrett and CorvetteBlogger Keith Cornett examine “Corvette Headlines & News” for mid-September 2020. https://anchor.fm/steve-garrett/epis...rftb Included in this episode are: The Corvette Visualizer for 2021 is now online; The National Corvette Museum raffles off the 1.75 millionth Corvette; Electric, all-wheel drive Corvette possibly coming out in 2023;Country Music star George Jones’ Corvette gets donated to the NCM;.....and more!Stay current on what's going on in the world of Corvette with this episode of CORVETTE TODAY!
3 of 4 < >

FOLLOW THIS FORUM RULE!

All shall follow this forum rule:

“11. Do not post URL links to any product or service that is offered by a forum vendor. Exception: If the product or service you wish to link is one that you know is not offered by a forum supporting vendor, you may post that link. Examples of the latter could include tools, common products like duct/electrical tape, motor oil, and/or providers of specialized upgrade, maintenance or repair services.”

You may use a non forum business name, posting such as, “I buy at Joe’s” but again may not post a link to nor a URL of Joe’s.
See more
See less

2020 ME To Only Have Pushrod Motor: Why Pushrods Still Exist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2020 ME To Only Have Pushrod Motor: Why Pushrods Still Exist

While we all know that a DOHC, V8 is coming for our ME’s after 2020, the chances of having anything other than a pushrod motor for 2020 seem to be in the 1% range. So for those who are a fan of Jason Fenske (“Engineering Explained”), as I am, here is his video of five pushrod motor advantages.

GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 22 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

GM has done an incredible job with the current small block V8. I won't be disappointed with an "old technology pushrod V8" in the ME car. It is a proven technology. I also welcome a DOHC TT V6 or V8 that can turn in excess of 8K RPMs. We all have a lot to look forward to with the appearance of the ME car next year hopefully.
    2016 Corvette Stingray
    Laguna Blue/Grey/NavPDR/Body Color Vents/DWS06 tires

Comment

I totally agree with you rmorin491. We are going to have a lot to celebrate and our “old pushrod” motor, admittedly in a slightly different version, just won the last two years of the IMSA Weathertech series, beating Porsche, Ferrari, Ford GT and more. Exciting times now and more exciting times ahead.
      GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 22 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Top fuel dragsters produce over 8,000 HP in their pushrod V8 engines.
        Nothing wrong with pushrods.

Comment

One thing to remember is that the faster you spin or turn an engine the more power is used up in moving all the parts to that higher speed.

Lynnie, "Nobody realizes that some people expend tremendous energy merely to be normal. "
          - Albert Camus

Comment

Often when these discussions happen, somebody will state the vette needs to get away from the "old" OHV tech and move to the "new" DOHC tech. Few people know that widespread use of OHC tech pre-dates widespread use of OHV tech. And neither of them is "new". They're just different from each other, with different pros and cons (and yes, each has pros, and each has cons).

Engineering is often a set of compromises. You just have to decide what it is you want to accomplish, and what compromises you're willing to give to get there. Each of these techs has its own set of advantages and compromises.

Comment

I guess if it was myself doing the new ME Vette I'd eventually like to give the option of both styles of engines in various HP levels. However, I'm not and we're all just along for the ride on this and hoping it turns out better than we could hope for.
              Lynnie, "Nobody realizes that some people expend tremendous energy merely to be normal. "
              - Albert Camus

Comment

Originally posted by MsBadWolf View Post
                I guess if it was myself doing the new ME Vette I'd eventually like to give the option of both styles of engines in various HP levels.
                I'm hopeful that's is what we'll get.

Comment

You CAN "push" the "push rod" motors BUT valve train must be meticulously designed and manufactured and even then longevity is a question at extreme rpm's. Still love them though....

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X