Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 3 < >

CORVETTE TODAY #129 - Corvette News and Headlines, Early October 2022

Your CORVETTE TODAY host, Steve Garrett, and Keith Cornett from CorvetteBlogger team up once again to bring you the most current and up-to-date information on Corvette. It’s the CORVETTE TODAY News & Headlines show to start off October! https://youtu.be/NG7JwFGJf04; https://podcasts.adorilabs.com/corve...lUqQwp7DeopRJV
Here are some of the topics Steve and Keith will cover next week....
—The Bowling Green Assembly Plant ran a rare “2 shift Saturday” last weekend
--C8 Z06 embargo on driving impression ended last week
--Corvette’s average sale price is almost 20% over MRSP
--The 1st customer ordered Z06 was built last week
--Is Ford benchmarking the C8 Z06?
--Road & Track magazine is now testing the C8 Z06
--Detroit News readers name the C8 Corvette “Best in Show” at Detroit Auto Show
--The new “Driven By Design” exhibit opens at the NCM
CORVETTE TODAY is the only current podcast on Corvette! And our News & Headlines show continues to be your best source of Corvette news in the industry.
Visit the CORVETTE TODAY website, listen to the show, watch the YouTube video, shop in the Merchandise Store, sign up for weekly emails and join the Facebook Group at:
www.CorvetteToday.com
2 of 3 < >

Z06 Auto-Media Testing Results & Impressions

This is our one thread: Thanks for putting all your posts within it: https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...eviews-results
3 of 3 < >

2023 Corvette Info Including SR Pricing, SR 2023 Visualizer, 70th Anniversary SR/Z06 Press Release; The C8 Z06 Press Release, Order Guide & Its Visualizer Link

See more
See less

NCM Released GM’s Z06 & More Bash Videos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NCM Released GM’s Z06 & More Bash Videos

For those waiting for it and in its best visual format including original GM Powertrain screen prints, here you are. Well worth re-seeing it with now each slide being crystal clear.

Here’s one example of this re the Z06’s suspension:

Click image for larger version  Name:	F3F20452-E054-4B7C-9F50-69F75595EAF3.jpg Views:	0 Size:	144.4 KB ID:	374923

As another example, here’s the wheel slide we heretofore could barely make out even my sitting there in the audience in the front while it was initially shown.

Click image for larger version  Name:	893981B6-55DA-4FC8-9F54-257CF6A163CF.jpg Views:	632 Size:	399.0 KB ID:	374924

2023 Z06: Hypersonic Gray HTC, two tone blue interior, complete high wing/aero package. CCB’s, PBC, E60, and with every visible carbon fiber option including wheels. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 24 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

At the Bash I spoke with a number of Corvette Team Members and expressed my displeasure that there was not a "live" static sample of all RPO and LPO accessory wheels for the Z06. Examples of accessories for the Z06 are better displayed on the C8 Z06 caravan that is touring the country than the displays at the Bash.

At the clinic for C8 owners that I attended, I also questioned the rationale for Corvette offering LPO accessory wheels? If a customer wants a spare set of wheels, they would probably be more likely to by them from the aftermarket than to have two sets of OEM Corvette wheels!
    Last edited by whl3; 05-04-2022, 12:38 PM.
    GD0 Accelerate Yellow Metallic; 3LT; HUE Natural Napa Leather; AE4 Competition Sport Seats; FA5 CF Interior Trim; Z51; FE4 Mag Ride Suspension; E60 Front Lift; Q8Q CF Open Spoke Wheels; J6F BR Brembo Calipers; RCC ER Intake Cover; DTH CF Racing Stripes; ZZ3 Engine App Package; VQK Splash Guards; ERI Battery Protection; R8C Museum Delivery

Proud LTM NCM.

Comment

Many there joined you and commented their disappointment about not having at least the entire SR and Z06 wheels displayed. One person came specifically from Western Canada with one of his major purposes was to see all the wheels and then to make his final wheel choice based on his seeing them in person.

When I gently pointed out this out to a Corvette team member on the side, this team member agreed that “they should have been here for you all.”
      2023 Z06: Hypersonic Gray HTC, two tone blue interior, complete high wing/aero package. CCB’s, PBC, E60, and with every visible carbon fiber option including wheels. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 24 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

I’m confused again. So now are the 70th wheels “satin” graphite? Or graphite? The satin graphite looks a lot lighter then the “graphite” 70th wheels that they displayed.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_51641.jpg
Views:	808
Size:	399.3 KB
ID:	374964

Comment

Confused again

Name:	image_51642.jpg
Views:	801
Size:	3.49 MB
ID:	374966

Comment

Huge letdown for a lot of us. They had Nothing other than a few of the Z06 and SR cars, but nothing else to look at with regards to options. The Option boards they did have for the SR, were for 2022 which they have quit taking orders for. Nothing for the 2023 in either the SR, or the Z06.
            Rapid Blue 3LT, HTO Tension Blue, Z51, 5ZZ, E60, ZZ3, ZYC, FE4, J6N, FA5, Q8Q, SHW, VJR, C2Q, R8C

Comment

Reminder as posted above that even a GM person said that th wheel pictures were not perfect. They are Satin Graphite (lack of space for the word “Satin” on the dealer display wheels) and are just like the pictures we have seen at the Z06 dealer display tours — as in your post above.

I would if getting a standard Z06 DEFINITELY be getting them as they are close but slightly darker than the C7 Z06 Comp Grey wheels we all loved.

Comment

This was the satin Graphite I seen with my own eyes and it person it was light. Nothing Like the shade of graphite on the 70th stingray.

Name:	image_51643.jpg
Views:	804
Size:	3.52 MB
ID:	374976

Comment

Originally posted by whl3 View Post
                  At the Bash I spoke with a number of Corvette Team Members and expressed my displeasure that there was not a "live" static sample of all RPO and LPO accessory wheels for the Z06. Examples of accessories for the Z06 are better displayed on the C8 Z06 caravan that is touring the country than the displays at the Bash.

At the clinic for C8 owners that I attended, I also questioned the rationale for Corvette offering LPO accessory wheels? If a customer wants a spare set of wheels, they would probably be more likely to by them from the aftermarket than to have two sets of OEM Corvette wheels!
                  Great question! Personally, I'm planning on two complete sets of wheels. 1) for the Cup 2 tires that will come equipped on the car and, 2) A second set for the PS4S tires for the street. Because the "Tech Bronze" wheels are classified as "Accessory" creates the situation of having to go with two sets of OEM wheels rather than one set of the Tech Bronze's.... I was planning on buying a set of Finspeed Gronze (Gold/Bronze) wheels for the street, so as the result of the "Accessory" wheel classification, I'll end up with three sets of wheels, one set of which I'm not sure if I'll be able to sell....

Comment

Originally posted by Trans Damm View Post
                    This was the satin Graphite I seen with my own eyes and it person it was light. Nothing Like the shade of graphite on the 70th stingray.

Name:	image_51643.jpg
Views:	804
Size:	3.52 MB
ID:	374976
                    You are correct that the SR’s Anniversary wheels are darker than the Z06’s. The SR’s are close to a charcoal ; the Z06’s are more like your picture a couple posts above (in terms of lightness to darkness. Again why I formally reached out to GM communications yesterday afternoon asking for high resolution pictures of both Z06 Statin Graphite wheels, e.g.., those with the Edge Red perimeter stripe and those which do not have any stripe.

Comment

I'll be getting a Stingray. However, I really like the Z06 "tuning fork" wheel design. I wonder if that wheel design is available for the Stingray 19" and 20" as well?
                      Arriving Oct 2022: 2023 Stingray HTC: 3LT, Red Mist, Natural Int, Body Color Accents, FE1, F End Lift, Low Profile Spoiler & F Splitter, NPP, CF Int, NCM Delivery.
                      Deposit with MM: 1390 10/8/2021
                      2000: Accepted by Chevrolet: 8/18/2022
                      3000: Accepted by Production Control: 8/23/2022
                      3300: Scheduled for Production: 9/8/2022
                      3400: Broadcast: 9/20/2022 TPW: 9/26/2022
                      3800 Built: 9/29/2022
                      NCM Delivery:

Comment

I would contact on of our wheel vendors who is already making it. Email [email protected]. I would also visit their web site and look at the myriad of cool finishes they have under their “gallery” tab.

Darren will take great care of your order as he has for many MECF members already (though other designs of theirs).

Comment

I planned on getting the 'Machine Face' wheels shown on the Visualizer but I don't see them on the chart (post #4). Are they shown, but just under a different name or have they been deleted?

Comment

They are hiding under the new words Argent Metallic with MF (for machine faced).

Comment

I wonder what the offsets are on the Z06 wheels, and if they're a direct 'bolt up' for Stingray owners who want to size up to 20/21 and have the wheels flush with fender. I'm assuming that the wider wheels will be less 'sunken' in on a Stingray.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X