Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 3 < >

Corvette Today: Carbon Revolution, from Australia, Discuss Their Carbon Fiber Wheels

Your CORVETTE TODAY host, Steve Garrett sits down with Tim deSouze from Australia and Brad Lethorn from their North American office. https://youtu.be/F0LBAqkYjY4; https://podcasts.adorilabs.com/corve...rxNOYlIxPjYr24. Tim and Brad talk about the origins of the company, what other car brands they make Carbon Fiber wheels for and the future of Carbon Fiber!It's a fascinating and informative show! Don't miss this episode of CORVETTE TODAY.

Don't miss a single episode of CORVETTE TODAY on podcast and YouTube. Each week's episode launches on Monday at 12 midnight Eastern Time.Listen to the show, watch the YouTube video, join the Facebook group, sign up for email notifications and shop in the CORVETTE TODAY Merchandise Store at:
www.CorvetteTodayPodcast.com
2 of 3 < >

Ten Words Maximum Or POTM’s Disqualified

Every single month people are forgetting how to count to ten — the maximum amount of words in our POTM contest. So starting tomorrow, if your entry exceeds 10 words, it would be DISQUALIFIED for the month. No “re-do’s,” edits. nor substitutions afterward.
3 of 3 < >

2023 Corvette Info Including SR Pricing, SR 2023 Visualizer, 70th Anniversary SR/Z06 Press Release; The C8 Z06 Press Release, Order Guide & Its Visualizer Link

See more
See less

Scheduled for Ron Fellows in August 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scheduled for Ron Fellows in August 2022

So, I wanted to book my trip to Ron Fellows, especially when I heard that most of the 4 months were already full.
    I looked over the schedule and saw some availability in August. I spoke to my (adult) son, to see what worked best for him.
    I called Ron Fellows yesterday and played a little phone tag with Darci, but eventually spoke to her in the late afternoon.
    My son will be taking the full classes with me, but staying in the room with me, so there was a little discount for his class.
    We will arrive 8/30, with classes on 8/31 & 9/1. Two nights at the campus, figure we will drive directly to LV Airport after day 2 and catch a Red-Eye back to the east coast.
    Not sure where we will fly out of, I live in Central Florida, he lives in Wilmington NC.

We are both very excited about this Father/Son Trip.

Mike Scibetta
    St Cloud, FL

2022 Corvette Stingray Coupe – 2LT – Elkhart Lake Blue – Black Interior – Z51 – Stingray R – Front Lift – Mag Selective Ride – Museum Delivery/Pick Up 3/11/2022

“American Muscle on ICE”

What fun you will have!!!
    Z06 coming late this summer: Hypersonic Gray HTC, two tone blue interior, complete high wing/aero package. CCB’s, with every piece of visible carbon fiber available. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 24 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

I am doing the same thing with my son in late June. It should be a great time - enjoy yourself.
      2LT Coupe Red Mist Z-51 Mag Ride Lift
      February 2021 Allocation - Built 4/22/21 - Delivered 4/29/21.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveM View Post
        I am doing the same thing with my son in late June. It should be a great time - enjoy yourself.
        i would love to hear all about your trip!
        Mike Scibetta
        St Cloud, FL

2022 Corvette Stingray Coupe – 2LT – Elkhart Lake Blue – Black Interior – Z51 – Stingray R – Front Lift – Mag Selective Ride – Museum Delivery/Pick Up 3/11/2022

“American Muscle on ICE”

Comment

I went a few weeks ago. I have a lot of autocross experience years ago, and just a couple of beginner HPDE events over the last few years. I learned a lot during the two day course, about driving in general, but also things specific to the C8 when tracking. You'll have a blast.

I was on the West track. I will be going back in September for the Level 2 class, which is now called 'advanced track days', which will be a lot of track time, with no lead/follow, just open lapping time.

Here are my laps behind the instructor during the first session on day two:

3LT Coupe, Z51, Torch Red, sueded microfiber seats/wheel with red stitching, BBS CI-R gloss black wheels, engine app package, Carbon Fiber int, Red Calipers, Comp Seats, Mag Ride, Front Lift, Carbon Fiber dual roof, Carbon Flash mirrors and spoiler, R8C museum delivery, 5VM exposed carbon fiber splitter, side skirts and AGM carbon fiber high wing

Comment

Originally posted by Marcho Polo View Post
            Here are my laps behind the instructor during the first session on day two
            Very cool. Funny thing, I am sitting here watching the video and my wife walks in hearing the engine sounds and says, "Is that where you are going?"
            She watched for a lap or two and then said "You guys are going to have so much fun!"

She got that right!

139 Days.......

Mike Scibetta
            St Cloud, FL

“American Muscle on ICE”

Comment

You guys doing the father/son thing will have the trip of a lifetime. Be sure to take photos of the two of you. You will have plenty of videos of each of you driving.
              Ceramic Gray Metallic Z51 w/TT interior Spec Grey Wheels

Comment

Be sure to drink LOTS of water. It's not only very hot, but very dry. Take skin lotion and chapstick, too.

But yes, you'll have a ton of fun and learn a lot.
                Delivered 5/29!: Scarlet Fever 2021 2LT HTC, Red Mist Metallic Tintcoat, two-tone Naturalw/ suede inserts, Mag Ride, Performance Exhaust, MRR 755 Gunmetal wheels

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club: https://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org/

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

If you are interested in the bottom line costs:

Me (C8 Owner/Operator)

$1,000.00 for the Class
                  $ 126.35 for the additional night
                  $ 200.00 for the Insurance

Total: $1,326.35

My Son (Heir to the C8)

$3,325.50 for the class (includes a 10% Discount)
                  $ 200.00 for the Insurance

Total: $3,525.50

My charge has been charged in full, they took a 50% deposit on my son's, with the balance due two weeks prior to arrival.

Of course additional items will be airfare, car rental from Airport, and dinner meals.
                  I'm sure there will be a gift shop visit and additional program items.

Mike Scibetta
                  St Cloud, FL

“American Muscle on ICE”

Comment

While you are in Vegas, don't miss the Counting Cars museum and the Carol Shelby store, museum, and shop.

Comment

I took my two sons in 2020 and "what a time" we had.. I am going again in August (22nd-23rd) for my 2021 2LT purchase and taking my wife. You will have a wonderful time with your son...

Comment

Sunglasses are also critical.
                        Z06 coming late this summer: Hypersonic Gray HTC, two tone blue interior, complete high wing/aero package. CCB’s, with every piece of visible carbon fiber available. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 24 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

A Little Bit of an Update.

This morning I booked the airfare, hotel and rental car.

We are flying from ILM, which is near my son's home in Wilmington NC
                          Funny, I had to book One-Way Tickets on American in order to get the best 1-stop flights both ways.
                          Anyway, we leave Monday morning, 8/29/2022, arrive in Las Vegas at 1:20pm
                          Got a Mid-Size Rental Car from Budget at the Airport.
                          Using my Caesar's Rewards, got a 1-Night Room at the Flamingo for $53.91
                          Drive to Ron Fellows on Tuesday
                          Classes on Wednesday & Thursday
                          Back to Las Vegas after class, and another room at the Flamingo for $75.45
                          American Airline Flight back to Wilmington, departs LV at 8:39am, 1-stop, arrives home at 5:41pm

We are both very excited, and I'll get to show him around Las Vegas. He has never been, I have been many times when I worked for Westgate.

Mike Scibetta
                          St Cloud, FL

“American Muscle on ICE”

Comment

Excellent, I'm taking my 2 sons Aug 5/6?

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
                              Sunglasses are also critical.
                              Yes - sunglasses. You want a pair with flexible sides to fit inside the helmet and not squeeze your temples. I used a pair of Ray-bans with nylon sides - they worked great abd I looked Steve McQueen coolio !!

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X