Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

A few more details...

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • A few more details...

    Without going into specifics, I have two details that I thought i’d share. First, for those of you worried that this new rear mid engine design will make this car unrecognizable as a corvette, you are wrong. Nothing to worry about, the car still screems corvette. When you see it naked, you’ll think “corvette.” It even pays homage to prior generations in two ways: the top curvature of the rear fender are VERY C2-like and the curvature of the front fenders is C3-like (although not as pronounced up front). Traditionalists will be happy.

    Also, the side scoop form curves right into the ground effect. The ground effect curves into the body and connects where the scoop curve ends. (If my description makes any sense at all). I don’t know how else to explain it. Viewed in profile, it looks like the side scoop flows right into the ground effect in one continuous motion.
    Last edited by C8UR911; 05-18-2019, 08:43 PM.

  • #2
    Sounds good. Thanks

    Comment


    • #3
      Good to hear.

      Comment


      • #4
        FrankLP, please PM me (been trying to reach you). Thanks.
        GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

        Comment


        • #5
          C8UR911. Thank you very much for these details. Your descriptions make complete sense — easy to follow IMO. A continuous curve scoop, whose bottom front edge merges into the aide skirt/ground effect.

          While I was not concerned it looks like a Corvette, glad that you are thinking that too. To reinforce your primary fender “echoing comments,” here’s a couple of fender pictures that might be helpful.

          Starting with the C2’s rear fender (thanks to CorvettesOnLine):

          Click image for larger version

Name:	32D06A4A-D27F-42FB-9968-6DCBA99E5ED8.jpeg
Views:	298
Size:	242.9 KB
ID:	36915

          And now the C3’s front fender (thanks to Hemings):

          Click image for larger version  Name:	9F430CED-2382-4428-A474-E4851151043C.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	872.5 KB ID:	36914

          I like both of them very much. Thanks so much C8UR911!
          Last edited by John; 05-18-2019, 09:59 PM.
          GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by C8UR911 View Post
            Without going into specifics, I have two details that I thought i’d share. First, for those of you worried that this new rear mid engine design will make this car unrecognizable as a corvette, you are wrong. Nothing to worry about, the car still screems corvette. When you see it naked, you’ll think “corvette.” It even pays homage to prior generations in two ways: the top curvature of the rear fender are VERY C2-like and the curvature of the front fenders is C3-like (although not as pronounced up front). Traditionalists will be happy.

            Also, the side scoop form curves right into the ground effect. The ground effect curves into the body and connects where the scoop curve ends. (If my description makes any sense at all). I don’t know how else to explain it. Viewed in profile, it looks like the side scoop flows right into the ground effect in one continuous motion.
            Thank you C8UR911.

            Click image for larger version

Name:	F49BFB81-259B-4097-941F-9BE6A939EC5F.jpeg
Views:	367
Size:	18.3 KB
ID:	36917

            Comment


            • #7
              Described before as the shape of a gen 5 Viper scoop with the bottom of the scoop meeting the ground effect area. Thumbs up C8UR911.

              Click image for larger version  Name:	7B500D67-BE5F-47F0-90B6-06B46C75339E.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	830.6 KB ID:	36927
              Enjoying my Shadow gray C8. What a car it is.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by John View Post

                Click image for larger version  Name:	32D06A4A-D27F-42FB-9968-6DCBA99E5ED8.jpeg Views:	68 Size:	242.9 KB ID:	36915
                Note the body line in this C2 profile pic that runs across the entire car positioned just above the front and rear wheel-wells. The C8 rear fender has a similar design element. There is a prominent line that starts towards the top of the side scoop and ends at the tip of the tail light element that extends into the rear fender. The line is bold. Strong. Not faint.

                No such line on the front fender but their are two prominent lines that run parallel across the door. The top line on the door is level with the line that runs across the rear quarter to the taillight. They don't connect because the scoop opens there but they are on the same level. The bottom line fades away as it approaches the bottom of the front fender. Bottomline, (what I am trying to say) is the line that runs across the rear quarter creates a VERY C2-like design element as that line helps accentuate the rear fender curvature.
                Last edited by C8UR911; 05-19-2019, 08:31 AM.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by C8UR911 View Post
                  Without going into specifics, I have two details that I thought i’d share. First, for those of you worried that this new rear mid engine design will make this car unrecognizable as a corvette, you are wrong. Nothing to worry about, the car still screems corvette. When you see it naked, you’ll think “corvette.” It even pays homage to prior generations in two ways: the top curvature of the rear fender are VERY C2-like and the curvature of the front fenders is C3-like (although not as pronounced up front). Traditionalists will be happy.

                  Also, the side scoop form curves right into the ground effect. The ground effect curves into the body and connects where the scoop curve ends. (If my description makes any sense at all). I don’t know how else to explain it. Viewed in profile, it looks like the side scoop flows right into the ground effect in one continuous motion.
                  Have you actually seen the car? In your first post, you said you info was coming from someone else who had seen it, but now you sound like your talking first hand info.
                  Delivered 5/29!: Scarlet Fever 2021 2LT HTC, Red Mist Metallic Tintcoat, two-tone Natural w/ suede inserts, Mag Ride, Performance Exhaust

                  Gone but not forgotten: SunKissed, 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible

                  Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club: https://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org/

                  Never grow up - It's a trap.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by meyerweb View Post

                    Have you actually seen the car? In your first post, you said you info was coming from someone else who had seen it, but now you sound like your talking first hand info.
                    I cannot comment on your question other than to say I cannot comment.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	B85171F8-E6C3-4356-A263-FD5F23EEFF3E.jpeg
Views:	286
Size:	275.2 KB
ID:	36946 So, in other words, it looks just like a Corvair would have, if it had not been discontinued.....thanks Ralph...😎
                      Last edited by Meldoon; 05-19-2019, 09:25 AM.
                      Black over Sky Cool Gray.....2LT.....Z51.....FE4.....E60.....

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Meldoon View Post
                        Click image for larger version

Name:	B85171F8-E6C3-4356-A263-FD5F23EEFF3E.jpeg
Views:	286
Size:	275.2 KB
ID:	36946 So, in other words, it looks just like a Corvair would have, if it had not been discontinued.
                        The Corvair was rear-engined. Always liked it
                        LT2; Ceramic Gray Metallic; HTM Trim Jet Black; T19 Seat Belt Color Black; AE4 Seat Competition Sport Bucket; E60 Front Lift; Q8Q 5-open spoke Carbon Flash; FE4 Suspension Z51 Magnetic Selective Ride Control; Z51 Performance package
                        Delivered September 16, 2020

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by C8UR911 View Post

                          Note the body line in this C2 profile pic that runs across the entire car positioned just above the front and rear wheel-wells. The C8 rear fender has a similar design element. There is a prominent line that starts towards the top of the side scoop and ends at the tip of the tail light element that extends into the rear fender. The line is bold. Strong. Not faint.

                          No such line on the front fender but their are two prominent lines that run parallel across the door. The top line on the door is level with the line that runs across the rear quarter to the taillight. They don't connect because the scoop opens there but they are on the same level. The bottom line fades away as it approaches the bottom of the front fender. Bottomline, (what I am trying to say) is the line that runs across the rear quarter creates a VERY C2-like design element as that line helps accentuate the rear fender curvature.
                          Exciting!!!
                          GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

                          Comment

                          MECF_728x90_bottom

                          Collapse
                          Working...
                          X