• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ever Heard of Lotus Evora GT430. An ME

Lotus Evora GT430 Is The Most Powerful Road-Legal Lotus Yet

JUL 20, 2017 BY MARTIN BIGG REVEAL

0-62 mph takes just 3.7 seconds.

After teasing us with some mysterious photos over the last week, Lotus has revealed its latest lightweight sports car. And no, it’s not an Evora 410 Roadster, as many were speculating – it’s something far more ferocious and less predictable than that. Meet the Lotus Evora GT430: the lightest and most powerful road-going Lotus ever, just when you thought the Evora 410, which was recently introduced to the US, couldn’t be improved. Power comes courtesy of an updated supercharged 3.5-liter V6 that generates 424-hp.

This allows the GT430 to rocket from 0-62 mph in just 3.7 seconds and go on to a top speed of 190 mph. Limited to only 60 units, the Evora GT430 marks the return of the famous Lotus GT badge, acknowledging the legendary Esprit V8 GT and the Esprit GT3 before it. As you would expect from a sprightly, weight-conscious Lotus sports car, the GT430 is ludicrously light thanks to extensive use of carbon fiber components, which include a new front splitter, front access panel, roof panel, front and rear bumps, one-piece trunklid, and rear wing. As a result, the GT430 tips the scales with a dry weight of 1,258 kg - that’s 26 kg less than the already-light Evora 410.

Its weight loss is particularly impressive when you consider that the GT430’s carbon rear wing and larger wheels and tires, which are 10mm thicker than the standard Evora’s, add an extra 9 kg. A standard titanium exhaust, lightweight interior components, Öhlins and Eibach adjustable spring and dampers, and lightweight rear brake discs also contributed to the GT430’s weight loss. That huge rear wing doesn’t just make the GT430 look imposing, either. At its top speed of 190 mph, the GT430 generates 250 kg of downforce to provide generous grip, further helped by exposed carbon fiber weave sections at the front and rear that make for a dramatic design.

To give the GT430 substantial stopping power, 2-piece J-grooved and ventilated brake discs are at the front, paired with AP Racing four-piston calipers all round, while the rear uses 3-piece discs with lightweight aluminum centers. To match the extreme exterior, the cabin is clad with copious amounts of carbon fiber, including carbon race seats, new carbon door sills and a new lightweight carbon instrument binnacle cover with a new graphic design on the instrument panel. Sparco racing seats come as standard with mixed leather and Alcantara trim, which has also been applied to the steering wheel, dashboard, door panels, transmission tunnel, and center console.

For those who intend to take the GT430 to the track, a four-point harness and titanium rear frame can be fitted. An integrated touch-screen infotainment system can also be added, complete with iPhone connectivity, Bluetooth, satellite navigation, and a reversing camera. “Lotus is famous for using its technical expertise to develop the lightest engineering solutions,” explained CEO Jean-Marc Gales. “Yes, it is hugely powerful but, the GT430 is not about brutal performance. It’s an intricate balance of power, finesse and road holding, no matter the speed, and is a true track-and-back sports car, supremely focused and immensely fast.” Priced at £112,000 ($145,384), a US-spec version will be available next spring.

GALLERY

Thanks SheepDog. You consistently do an excellent job of bringing new/great info into the forum.
    GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

The lotus is a womderful sports car yet its lack of a 300k mile validation process.

leaving aspects of the ownership experience potientially lacking.

thats why sales are always low...hopefully the upcoming new owner of lotus will successfully address durability concerns.

Comment

Having owned a Lotus Exige Supercharged, I learned that Porsche defers to its clients for the evolution and refinement of the cars. Lotus delegates to its clientele to complete the assembly of their cars. I don't think that will ever buy a Lotus again.
        Last edited by Maxster; 05-16-2019, 11:35 PM.
        LT2; Ceramic Gray Metallic; HTM Trim Jet Black; T19 Seat Belt Color Black; AE4 Seat Competition Sport Bucket; E60 Front Lift; Q8Q 5-open spoke Carbon Flash; FE4 Suspension Z51 Magnetic Selective Ride Control; Z51 Performance package
        Delivered September 16, 2020

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	ED4EC337-78D2-4ED0-A957-F606593CE783.jpeg Views:	2 Size:	577.1 KB ID:	36651Click image for larger version  Name:	08D300DA-5ECD-40DD-809A-D3F3113FA4FD.jpeg Views:	2 Size:	632.3 KB ID:	36650
          I had a Lotus Evora GT it was actually a fun car, it never broke down on me in the 2 plus years of ownership. It was a Frankenstein car using many different parts from manufacturers with panel gaps that made tesla look like a Rolls-Royce. My friend has a 2011 Evora S and he tracks it all the time with the only issue in his six years being a gear box that he messed up when missing a downshift at the track. Cost to fix it was around 11k, pulling the engine and clam is not an easy cheap job. He change the gearbox and upgraded the trans and engine mounts since it was removed. The Chinese company that owns Volvo owns Lotus I feel they will make it a much better sports car with the next generation. I was on a waiting list for over 4 years for the new Lotus Esprit but they never decided to make it, I put the quality of the current Lotus within the Alfa 4C lineup not bad but still has room for improvement. Owned a Alfa 4c for a very short time, fun cars but still have some Lotus quirks about them, which IMO makes they all a little unique. My company car is a 17 Volvo S90 its basically a BMW 5 series want a be and it's been a solid car for two plus years so far.
          Last edited by Fasttoys; 05-17-2019, 01:59 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Fasttoys View Post
            Click image for larger version Name:	ED4EC337-78D2-4ED0-A957-F606593CE783.jpeg Views:	2 Size:	577.1 KB ID:	36651Click image for larger version Name:	08D300DA-5ECD-40DD-809A-D3F3113FA4FD.jpeg Views:	2 Size:	632.3 KB ID:	36650
            I put the quality of the current Lotus within the Alfa 4C lineup not bad but still has room for improvement. Owned a Alfa 4c for a very short time, fun cars but still have some Lotus quirks about them, which IMO makes they all a little unique. My company car is a 17 Volvo S90 its basically a BMW 5 series want a be and it's been a solid car for two plus years so far.
            I still own the 4c LE but the build quality and fit is miles above Lotus. In fact, the only area where the Lotus ranks above the Alfa is the rear suspension. The 4c was a good example of how a Concept car turned into production. Also how Alfa Romeo (like the Alpine A-110) had a Launch Edition with most available options included. But, this is a Corvette ME forum, let's see after 61 days from now.
            LT2; Ceramic Gray Metallic; HTM Trim Jet Black; T19 Seat Belt Color Black; AE4 Seat Competition Sport Bucket; E60 Front Lift; Q8Q 5-open spoke Carbon Flash; FE4 Suspension Z51 Magnetic Selective Ride Control; Z51 Performance package
            Delivered September 16, 2020

Comment

Lotus's have always been plagued with reliability issues... nice looking cars but with the lack of technology in them for this day and age and their reliability issues, no thanks.
              Torch Red C8 Spider

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
              Working...
              X