ME Corvette generation name

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ME Corvette generation name

Why is the upcoming mid engine Corvette being called the Y2 instead of the C8 in the press?

Good question, for Y2K was now 18 years ago. Y2 is GM’s internal code they are using for the mid engine chassis; Y1 is what GM is referring to for the front-engine C7.
    GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Good question which i think lead many enthusiasts to assume both a front and rear mid engine version will be built along side each other

Comment

Isn't the portion of the VIN that designates the vehicle as being a Corvette have a Y1 or 1Y in it??? Maybe 2Y or Y2 designates the second model of the Corvette.... specifically the ME version, to distinguish it from the FE. ie: more indications that there will be two Corvette models.
        2020 HTC Torch Red with lots of goodies. Built in September. Museum Delivery October......

Other toys in the garage: Ferrari California, BMW i8 Roadster, Bentley Flying Spur

Comment

Here is the official Corvette VIN decoding (I always learn more every time I look at this).

The following from and thanks to Corvette-web-central:

Click image for larger version

Name:	D9CE2EB3-7C5E-4F76-BCCF-973C79F89DBB.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	428.2 KB
ID:	3753Click image for larger version

Name:	8ACE61DB-9A1B-4635-85B2-995D0F3C4BCE.jpeg
Views:	2
Size:	304.0 KB
ID:	3754

GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
          Working...
          X