MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Reveal Countdown Clock! Official 4/26 GM C8 News. Finally, 7.18.19 Orange County Reveal Location Is Announced!

See more
See less

On 7.18.19 We Want To Know What

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Maxster View Post
    Is 7.18.19 the ME's lap time at the Nordschleife? Slower than the Alfa Romeo Giulia QF and Stelvio QF?
    We've seen this question before and I question how significant a lap time is when the vehicle in question is a pre-production model.

Comment

Originally posted by P=Tree
      Production ready non-camo reveal
      Exactly. With camo, and with its probably last September still not having the final production version tires, etc.
      Last edited by John; 05-15-2019, 04:05 PM.
      Excited owners of a 2015 Z06. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20 year members of NCM. Our 2020 ME C8 Corvette is next.

Comment

I'm with Ssscooter66: When can I order it and when can I get it!

Comment

Todays mclaren gt video release stated the bottom of the front nose was set at a more daily drivable 110 mms compared to other mclarens...

now Im curious what the bottom front edge of the c8 will be.

with the front axle lift system the mclaren takes the bottom of the front edge from 110 mms to 130 mms..

john if you could dig out that specification on the c8 at the reveal that would be cool...

https://youtu.be/IjQqM0PXQXk

Comment

I'm primarily interested in what it looks like, what 'models' or variations will be available in the first wave (I'm really interested in the 'vert'), and the release schedule.

I really don't think we'll get much in the way of options, colors, or pricing beyond 'vague' references at best. I'm sure that information will begin to trickle out as they show pilot models at the Museum, Carlisle and maybe Bloomington Gold during the summer. The real stuff including pricing will come out with the ordering information sometime in the early 4th quarter I suspect.

Comment

I want to know/see:

1) Its looks. If it looks even half as gorgeous as some supplier who have seen it have reported, I will be drooling — and all its tech specs will become secondary.

2) The rest, including most importantly but again just as points of interest since its looks will be killer, the big three: HP, TQ and LB.
              Excited owners of a 2015 Z06. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20 year members of NCM. Our 2020 ME C8 Corvette is next.

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post

According to two sources, Doug Fehan said that 7.18.19 had nothing to do with its NRing time, that it was just when the entire top GM and Corvette team was schedule-wise available.

As per ZoraC2’s question, good note that the extra sedon shift will speed production. First or second question for many, though IMO the the first customers could get their in the mid-to-late January range if the GM Authority production start estimate is correct. It would be good to confirm that.

Even though mine, theoretically, would be built the first or second week of production, I am not expecting to see it until Valentine’s Day (because I live on the west coast and train travel adds 3 or even more weeks to deliveries out (and if that schedule holds, sure not doing Museum Delivery and driving it home over the Rockies in mid winter).
                Thanks John, the time didn't seem right. Now driving your car home over the Rockies in mid-winter would give you a good idea of how the handling of your new car compares to your current one

Comment

With its standard, snow-flaked symbol, real snow tires lol.

Comment

Everything?
                    SunKissed, my 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible (One of about 40)

Purchased 5/2/2015,
                    >31,000+ miles

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club. Check us out http://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org

Comment

When Hardtop Convertible will be available? Where, When, How I can sit in them ? Colors ? Pricing? Options ?
                      Rocket City Florida

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
                        Addressing the road clearance, when the C7 was revealed, Tadge announced that consistent with our Corvette development standard, the front can approach a 9 degree incline without hitting anything. However, good question re the C8, especially since it is believed it would have option E60, the Axle Front Lift Height system. Maybe to give it better aero (the lower the better), they have gone to a lesser incline angle. E60 is the # 1 option box I will be personally ticking.
                        In the video for that surprise NYC appearance, there was a shot where Tadge was pulling out of a hotel or conference centre driveway onto the street, and the splitter seemed to get *real* close to the pavement. And it wasn't a particularly steep approach. Probably wasn't using the lift system, assuming the car was even equipped with it, but it was close enough that I was wondering if he was going to leave a chunk of camo on the the street.

Comment

Originally posted by Klinn View Post

In the video for that surprise NYC appearance, there was a shot where Tadge was pulling out of a hotel or conference centre driveway onto the street, and the splitter seemed to get *real* close to the pavement. And it wasn't a particularly steep approach. Probably wasn't using the lift system, assuming the car was even equipped with it, but it was close enough that I was wondering if he was going to leave a chunk of camo on the the street.
                          Looked like he cleared it. Couldn't see if it had an air dam. John find out if the C8 has a front air dam.

Comment

Besides things mentioned already (price, HP, TQ) I'd personally love to know the weight of the car (hopefully less than the C7) and how, aerodynamically, the car compares to the C7. The base C7 is pretty neutral, as far as lift/downforce goes, and had a pretty good Cd from what I remember but I'd hope they have some cool aerodynamic trickery in the C8. But ultimately I just can't wait to see what this thing looks like!

Comment

Proximity indicators/cameras on a 2lt trim.

Comment

Originally posted by Boomer View Post

Looked like he cleared it. Couldn't see if it had an air dam; find out if the C8 has a front air dam.
                                We have not seen one that I can remember.
                                Looking forward to our ME arriving.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X