MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Reveal Countdown Clock! Official 4/26 GM C8 News. Finally, 7.18.19 Orange County Reveal Location Is Announced!

See more
See less

ECM Lockdown?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ECM Lockdown?

What are the current thoughts on the ECM being locked down like the ZR1's ECM?

Welcome CP1. Thanks for joining the forum.
    Excited owners of a 2015 Z06. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20 year members of NCM. Our 2020 ME C8 Corvette is next.

Comment

The ECU will be locked down because the car comes with a warranty. However someone will be able to break into it at some time. IMO if motor warranty claim is filed after that C8’s ECU has been modified GM will know.

Comment

Assuming you can reprogram it, one can have a second stock ECM to plug in before making a warranty claim.
        Save the wave.

Comment

On the C7, I believe that if you change the ECM the new one has to be programmed to the car. Ditto if you swap an old one back in. That requires specialized equipment that the typical owner isn't going to have access to. Not saying it's impossible, but it won't be simple.
          SunKissed, my 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible (One of about 40)

Purchased 5/2/2015,
          >31,000+ miles

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club. Check us out http://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
          Working...
          X