MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

GM Official C8 Stingray Sites For Your Convenience

See more
See less

Gag Orders: See No Hear No Speak No Future Products.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gag Orders: See No Hear No Speak No Future Products.

Gag Orders: See No Future Products. Hear No Future Products. Speak No Future Products.

Thadge Juecter [hope I spelled it at least almost right] said that he had the Zora decals printed. But he could not place them on the car in N. Y. Someone in marketing said “no”. Then, on the scene, he obtained consent of an executive to use the decals. He is the Chief Engineer or whatever. Apparently the engineers and designers are gagged. Employees from other areas are, effectively, blind folded. And the policy is beyond their authority. Vigorously enforced.
    So. Should customers stop placing the designers and engineers and employees at risk with questions about future products. And stop frustrating themselves that way.
    Concerns about excessively restrictive secrecy go to the marketing people or to where? Need to figure out where and beat on the right door.??
    Where is that door? How to knock? In what code?

What reasonable outline of future product information serves a proper balance between the Vette Loyalist and the interest of the manufacturer? Is there need for an adjustment? How do ya get it done?

I understand the e-mails among the team are first encrypted, then encrypted a second time using an old German Enigma machine.

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	image_6756.jpg Views:	5 Size:	212.1 KB ID:	36210
      Originally posted by Milliwatt Rob View Post
      I understand the e-mails among the team are first encrypted, then encrypted a second time using an old German Enigma machine.
      Dude, don't tell the folks at GM, but the Touring Machine cracked the Enigma Code over 70 years ago.
      Last edited by Mobius; 05-14-2019, 11:06 AM.
      Current Vettes:
      '68 Lemans Blue 327/350 Convertible
      '91 Turquoise Convertible w/hardtop
      '14 Lime Rock Green 2LT Convertible, Black Top, Kalahari, 7-Speed, Performance Exhaust - Ordered on 4-1-2014, 2000 Status on 4-10-2014, TPW 5-12-2014, Built on 5-16-2014, Picked-up at dealership on 5-30-2014
      "Delta t = 23"

Comment

Wow, I knew GM marketing were incompetent but the story about the Zora decals makes them look even worse. That was the coolest part of the C8 NYC tease since everyone loves an easter egg and the hunt to solve the meaning of it. It honored the most legendary Corvette engineer and reassured enthusiasts that the C8 was developed as a Corvette, not as some boutique exotic for billionaires.

Comment

Why the secrecy? Certainly, no one interested in buying a C8 would change their mind if there was no secrecy. Competition? There is none. Seems like a silly game to me. If the design is finalized, show it.
          P.s. This car may well be a “kit car” designers dream come true. Think of all the possibilities.......
          The least we can do is wave to each other

Comment

Originally posted by Meldoon View Post
            This car may well be a “kit car” designers dream come true. Think of all the possibilities.......
            Interesting point, and in 5-10 years you'll be able to get used (or damaged) C8s at "good" prices and bolt on an aftermarket Lambo or Ferrari body...
            Current Vettes:
            '68 Lemans Blue 327/350 Convertible
            '91 Turquoise Convertible w/hardtop
            '14 Lime Rock Green 2LT Convertible, Black Top, Kalahari, 7-Speed, Performance Exhaust - Ordered on 4-1-2014, 2000 Status on 4-10-2014, TPW 5-12-2014, Built on 5-16-2014, Picked-up at dealership on 5-30-2014
            "Delta t = 23"

Comment

Originally posted by Mobius View Post

Interesting point, and in 5-10 years you'll be able to get used (or damaged) C8s at "good" prices and bolt on an aftermarket Lambo or Ferrari body...

Or Veyron, or Zonda.......
              ( damaged probably 5 or 10 days after deliveries....😎)
              Last edited by Meldoon; 05-14-2019, 01:14 PM.
              The least we can do is wave to each other

Comment

Don’t care what their strategy is but it would have been nice for them to put out a teaser for Mother’s Day. Bummer!
                There is a madness to my method!

2015 Z06 Torch/adrenaline
                2001 coupe Torch/oak R8C
                79 coupe Silver/oyster
                All one owner
                Museum lifetime members

Comment

The total crazy secrecy thing is getting out of hand...

the new c8 isnt the cure for cancer...enough already with this craziness...

i understand trying to keep a secret and thats cool but after a while its starts to become a little nerdy,
                  Torch Red exterior/ black interior z51 FE4 1LT VK3 GKZ HTA

Comment

Originally posted by JB View Post
                    The total crazy secrecy thing is getting out of hand...

the new c8 isnt the cure for cancer...enough already with this craziness...

i understand trying to keep a secret and thats cool but after a while its starts to become a little nerdy,
                    It's becoming stupid and childish, as if GM is the only one or the first one with ME. Look at this good looking car that Kia just bought.

Click image for larger version  Name:	dt-geneva-rimac-concept-1_1400.jpg Views:	0 Size:	230.3 KB ID:	36239

Comment

Originally posted by Z_Rocks View Post

It's becoming stupid and childish, as if GM is the only one or the first one with ME. Look at this good looking car that Kia just bought.

Click image for larger version Name:	dt-geneva-rimac-concept-1_1400.jpg Views:	0 Size:	230.3 KB ID:	36239
                      More info on this?
                      There is a madness to my method!

2015 Z06 Torch/adrenaline
                      2001 coupe Torch/oak R8C
                      79 coupe Silver/oyster
                      All one owner
                      Museum lifetime members

Comment

Originally posted by Plasboy View Post

More info on this?
                        https://leftlanenews.com/2019/05/14/...lion-in-rimac/

Comment

Tires on that are pretty cool ... they've got the F1 vibe going on. Not a bad looking car either

Comment

Cars have been developed in secret since the auto industry began. It is just more obvious with the internet and digital photography. How many remember when dealerships would cover their windows in order to reveal the new models?

I think the Corvette team has done a good job of releasing just enough information to keep us interested.
                            1966 coupe - Sunfire Yellow / Black
                            2004 Z06 - Millennium Yellow / Black

NCM Lifetime Member since 2003

Comment

Same with other products. Does Apple show us its products until their are ready? Will a fashion house release its next season products today.

I also remember the brown paper on dealership windows, but with everyone now having a phone/camera, we find things out, dissect every morsel we think we have learned today. Oh yes, that is part of the reason for forums...
                              Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20+ year members of NCM.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X