MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

GM Official C8 Stingray Sites For Your Convenience

See more
See less

Gag Orders: See No Hear No Speak No Future Products.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SheepDog
    replied
    Originally posted by Plasboy View Post
    Originally posted by Nitrobrother View Post
    Besides, where's the fun in seeing everything before the big reveal?
    And there you have it! Absolutely true.

Q. where's the fun in seeing???
    A. Right here on MCF is one place where the fun is in seeing limited information, non spoiler intro. . All the members. Day in day out. Tidbit by tidbit. Seem to be having fun. Limited information = fun. That's what MEF is about.

"Everything"? , certainly not everything before the big reveal. No No no.. . .

Balance ???

The "Big Reveal" is when He/She takes it all off. 07.18.19.

Im not taking sides, just calling ***** and strikes.
    Last edited by SheepDog; 05-15-2019, 04:09 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Plasboy
    replied

Leave a comment:

• SheepDog
    replied
    How much, how little, when, what, where, why is a reasonable balance that increases public curiosity. The Corvette devotees are searching to see where the Xmas toys are hidden. The result of secrecy is also that most folks do not even know Xmas is coming on 07.18.19 or Jan. 1, 2002 or if when ever. The people who truly care can not plan.

Well. Case study in different:

Ford GT.
    1). Was Developed in Secrecy[up to a point] ;
    2). The physical car was revealed in Jan 2014?. Before testing on public roads.
    3). The revealed car was public road tested for 2 years after physical reveal. Specs, performance were still secret. Engine type and tranny disclosed.
    4). First customer car was delivered in late 2016 in a trickle.
    5). The final specs' infro' and journalist touching and testing was gradual after 2017 or so.
    QUESTION: What was the level of public interest timeline and what curiosity remains?
    BUT. Rear Car. Who has ever even seen one in person?

:Corvette C8
    1). Was Developed in Secrecy all the way
    2). Public Road testing in camo before reveal
    3). Public Road testing in camo before reveal for 3 or 4 years
    4). Everything secret. design. specs. production date. price. engine types. tranny. future iterations. Everything secret. Nothing acknowledged.
    5). The final specs' infro' and journalist touching and testing ???????? Customer delivery. Production start.??????
    QUESTION: What is the level of public interest timeline and what curiosity remains?
    Secret Car.Who has ever even seen one in person?

It might be suggested that there is a balance point somewhere in between absolute secrecy and full disclosure that serves everybody well and better than either extreme.

1. acknowledgment that the car is in development. General outline of non specifics. ?????

i'm not taking sides. Just looking at it like who really cares but if someone did care then look at this.
    Last edited by SheepDog; 05-15-2019, 01:59 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Maxster
    replied
    Originally posted by Meldoon View Post
    Why the secrecy? Certainly, no one interested in buying a C8 would change their mind if there was no secrecy. Competition? There is none. Seems like a silly game to me. If the design is finalized, show it.
    P.s. This car may well be a “kit car” designers dream come true. Think of all the possibilities.......
    Many car manufacturers come up with "Concept" cars that sometimes make it to the Production version with varying degrees of similitude. In the past, even GM has developed a number of "Concept" cars, not the old failed mid-engine designs of long ago

Leave a comment:

• John
    replied
    One thing that 78% are going to need to immediately factor into the announced MSRP, is that it will include the current $2,000 that that 4/5’s of buyers are now optioning for their automatic trans.

Leave a comment:

• Richrat
    replied
    It would be nice just to have a confirmed starting prince! I definately think a lot people are worried the price bump with new technologies and ME setup, GM pease just confirm the 5K increase and we can all sleep restfully.

Leave a comment:

• John
    replied
    True, and guess what (though you all already know this), starting 7.19.19, we will be doing exactly the same searching/hunting/guessing and grousing about our needing Z06 info.

Leave a comment:

• Richrat
    replied
    I agree with Nitrobrother, the next 63 days would be pretty boring if we knew everything!

Leave a comment:

• Nitrobrother
    replied

Leave a comment:

• John
    replied
    Same with other products. Does Apple show us its products until their are ready? Will a fashion house release its next season products today.

I also remember the brown paper on dealership windows, but with everyone now having a phone/camera, we find things out, dissect every morsel we think we have learned today. Oh yes, that is part of the reason for forums...

Leave a comment:

• brad66
    replied
    Cars have been developed in secret since the auto industry began. It is just more obvious with the internet and digital photography. How many remember when dealerships would cover their windows in order to reveal the new models?

I think the Corvette team has done a good job of releasing just enough information to keep us interested.

Leave a comment:

• bobbytinvab
    replied
    Tires on that are pretty cool ... they've got the F1 vibe going on. Not a bad looking car either

Leave a comment:

• Z_Rocks
    replied
    Originally posted by Plasboy View Post

More info on this?
    https://leftlanenews.com/2019/05/14/...lion-in-rimac/

Leave a comment:

• Plasboy
    replied
    Originally posted by Z_Rocks View Post

It's becoming stupid and childish, as if GM is the only one or the first one with ME. Look at this good looking car that Kia just bought.

Click image for larger version Name:	dt-geneva-rimac-concept-1_1400.jpg Views:	0 Size:	230.3 KB ID:	36239
    More info on this?

Leave a comment:

• Z_Rocks
    replied
    Originally posted by JB View Post
    The total crazy secrecy thing is getting out of hand...

the new c8 isnt the cure for cancer...enough already with this craziness...

i understand trying to keep a secret and thats cool but after a while its starts to become a little nerdy,
    It's becoming stupid and childish, as if GM is the only one or the first one with ME. Look at this good looking car that Kia just bought.

Click image for larger version  Name:	dt-geneva-rimac-concept-1_1400.jpg Views:	0 Size:	230.3 KB ID:	36239

Leave a comment:

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
Working...
X