MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 3 < >

C8 Reveal Countdown Clock! 1959 Stingray Race Re-Imagined “Modern” C8 Close Up Video

2 of 3 < >

Tonight @ 8:00 PM (PST) Scheduled Software Maintenance. C8 REVEAL COUNTDOWN CLOCK!

HEADS UP PLEASE: Tonight At 8:00 PM Is Scheduled Software Maintenance! Could be up to two hours long — but heretofore every one has been much shorter than the time cautioned.

Reveal Countdown Clock: https://www.chevrolet.com/upcoming-v...ation-corvette
3 of 3 < >

C8 Reveal Countdown Clock! Requirement to cite your post’s sources with a clickable link.

C8 REVEAL COUNTDOWN CLOCK: https://www.chevrolet.com/upcoming-v...ation-corvette

PLEASE, DUE TO COPYRIGHT LAWS, IF YOU USE ANY PART OF AN ARTICLE IN YOUR POST, IMPERATIVE THAT YOU INCLUDE AN ACTUAL, CLICKABLE LINK TO IT. Thank you.
See more
See less

Track or DD

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Track or DD

Do you plan on using your car for the track? (Drag or road) Do you plan on using it as a DD? Mine will be DD with a 2 LT interior not needing a Z51 package. Nothing wrong with those who want more HP just as in the C7 Zo6. The way I see it is this is going to be one fine looking car with whatever under the rear.
    frankb

We will be using ours, like all our Corvettes have been, as a special occasions car, especially for road trips. The first year, as it will be new to many in the Pacific Northwest, take it to shows, Corvette clubs and Cars-and-Coffee, then not much those events after year one — but instead its usual “carving curvy Corvette country corners” and on road trips. However, about a couple of months after getting it, I will go to Spring Mountain and driving their C8’s, learn how it works well on the track (learn its great ME capabilities).
    Excited owners of a 2015 Z06. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20 year members of NCM. Our 2020 ME C8 Corvette is next.

Comment

Hmm, I don't plan to track my C8, and I also don't plan to use it as a daily driver.

Mine falls into the "pleasure vehicle" category, for use on warm sunny days on my favorite roads and for an occasional road trip.

I've gotten about 38,000 miles of pleasure from my C7 so far, and I look forward to accumulating that many (s)miles on my C8.
      Current Vettes:
      '68 Lemans Blue 327/350 Convertible
      '91 Turquoise Convertible w/hardtop
      '14 Lime Rock Green 2LT Convertible, Black Top, Kalahari, 7-Speed, Performance Exhaust - Ordered on 4-1-2014, 2000 Status on 4-10-2014, TPW 5-12-2014, Built on 5-16-2014, Picked-up at dealership on 5-30-2014
      "Delta t = 23"

Comment

Mobius and John I should have included "pleasure vehicle". That is what I use mine for most of the time. John at least you get to carve mountain roads, all I carve is a roundabout now and then.
        frankb

Comment

Definitely a pleasure vehicle as my other Corvettes have been.
          1966 coupe - Sunfire Yellow / Black
          2004 Z06 - Millennium Yellow / Black

NCM Lifetime Member since 2003

Comment

“Pleasure Vehicle/Garage Queen”........the 79 Porsche must go.....
            The least we can do is wave to each other

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
              “carving curvy Corvette country corners”
              Too bad the C7's DIC doesn't have a customizable welcome message any more, that would have been a great one!

Back on topic, my C8 will see all three types of action -- autocross / lapping, daily driving, and pleasure trips. Occasionally I have to remember to take out the other car for a spin or it'll get jealous.

Comment

Just like the M6 it'll be a DD. Fortunately I live fairly close to work so I still only put 5k miles on it in a year.

Comment

Fair weather, spirited street driving just like my current C7 Z06. I can't rule out some track but will definitely flog a C8 Z06 at Spring Mountain.

Comment

Happy flogging@SM!

Comment

DD for me ... long trips too!

Comment

Originally posted by Klinn View Post

Too bad the C7's DIC doesn't have a customizable welcome message any more, that would have been a great one!
                        I enjoyed that. Might the C8 have customizable welcoming capability in addition to its initial animation?
                        Excited owners of a 2015 Z06. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20 year members of NCM. Our 2020 ME C8 Corvette is next.

Comment

Originally posted by Mobius View Post
                          Hmm, I don't plan to track my C8, and I also don't plan to use it as a daily driver.

Mine falls into the "pleasure vehicle" category, for use on warm sunny days on my favorite roads and for an occasional road trip.
                          Exact ditto here!

Comment

Sun, rain , snow daily driver that ill try to autox and probably do a few track driver events...out at pocono ... I have nt done it in years but i want to again...just for a few laughs

i usually stay in beginner classes as its very safe but still you can get the car up near very illegal road speeds...

most of the time its daily driver duty and early morning weekend drives up and around the seven lakes and bear mountains...

ill do the z51 fe4 as I feel the heavy duty braking and cooling has a slight durability benefits as a daily driver...i could be wrong but its what I believe and that mrc shock thing has me intrigued,

other than that its torch red and black interior..,

i usually drive 12k a year give or take a few...

the .great ... part about corvettes is we get to personalize our cars the way we want...
                            Last edited by JB; 05-14-2019, 04:48 PM.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X