Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

GM Official C8 Sites For Your Convenience And Inquiries

*Build/Price:https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...hanks-to-mkenm
*GM’s C8 Site: https://www.chevrolet.com/upcoming-v...ation-corvette
C8 Order Guide (9/6): https://www.gmfleetorderguide.com/NA...page=&butID=1#
Visualize Your C8:https://visualizer.chevrolet.com/ui?...US&channel=b2c
Also please look at our stickies in each of the four major C8 sections. Thank you.
See more
See less

C8’s Have Body Colored “A” Pillar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• C8’s Have Body Colored “A” Pillar

We have this first picture of the “A” pillars on our C8’s going to be body colored. I personally celebrate this, but know others prefer them back, so now in the reverse, we will have aftermarket companies offer them black colored. Of course if one were to get a black C8, problem solved either way.

Thanks electroVette (!!!) for finding and posting this earlier elsewhere, but since this seems to be such a major topic for many of us, created this separate thread.

Click image for larger version  Name:	35040F8C-621E-45EC-8097-157BFEFE6606.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	222.2 KB ID:	35778
    Last edited by John; 05-10-2019, 05:26 PM.
    GS7 Elkhart Lake Blue, HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5ZZ high wing; 5VM vis CF ground effects pkg; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards.

Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20+ year members of National Corvette Museum.

Those black trident wheels on a C8 in elkhart lake blue metallic with a kalahari (or whatever they call the saddle color) interior. That will be my Corvette.

Click image for larger version

Name:	C8 Black Trident Wheel.png
Views:	279
Size:	617.9 KB
ID:	35872
    Last edited by electroVette; 05-11-2019, 09:49 AM.

Comment

Wow..awesome research...i never had a preference one way or the other with regards to black or body colored A pillars...

it was fun trying to figure out which way gm would go....

now we know..

this is like a psuedo crime drama mystery or treasure hunt for information about this next generation corvette.

thanks !
      Torch Red exterior/ black interior z51 FE4 1LT (only two options)

Comment

Cool photo! Based on the photo, will we also have an option for mixed wheels as well? LOL

Comment

Chuckles on the mixed wheels. At '13 Bash, where the C7 was presented, some dufus asked Harlen if he could order the sport seat only on the driver's side. Funny to watch Harlen stumble and search for words!

Comment

Unless, of course, this is more misdirection from GM.
            SunKissed, my 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible (One of about 40)

Purchased 5/2/2015,
            >33,000+ miles

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club. Check us out http://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org

Comment

Could well be that they deliberately wrapped one pillar in silver, made sure it was naked, found and pictured. Certainly possible.
              GS7 Elkhart Lake Blue, HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5ZZ high wing; 5VM vis CF ground effects pkg; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards.

Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20+ year members of National Corvette Museum.

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
                Could well be that they deliberately wrapped one pillar in silver, made sure it was naked, found and pictured. Certainly possible.
                On the latest Trending Now highlight on the Corvette Blogger site the pictures (and the silver pillar one) taken by the "corvette nut" I have a couple of observations. Notice how none of the chevy engineers are paying any attention to his photos and the fact that he is that close to them and no reactions. In the past when a spy photographer has come anywhere near the C8's they will confront them just to make sure they don't get to close. I am happy that they are releasing these photo's but the denial game is just that a game.

Comment

Originally posted by jagamajajaran View Post
                  Cool photo! Based on the photo, will we also have an option for mixed wheels as well? LOL
                  Easily done; you order one wheel option, and I another. We can move two wheels from one car to the other, and vice versa.

Comment

Easily done; you order one wheel option, and I another. We can move two wheels from one car to the other, and vice versa.
                    You could do that with seats as well. One sport and one regular... Team building at its best...

Comment

And then, we could show up at next year's Bash with our mixed and matched C8s and ask Kai Spande if he knew anything about cars leaving the plant like that.

Comment

That would be funny, but as Kai is so nice to us all, we wouldn’t want him even worrying about that possibility for 1/1000th of a second. But we would both have 1 of 1’s.

Comment

That would be funny, but as Kai is so nice to us all, we wouldn’t want him even worrying about that possibility for 1/1000th of a second. But we would both have 1 of 1’s.
                          Um, yes, he is very nice...but he is also quite a jokester. Do you remember the socks he sent me after I caught my leg on fire? All in good humor, of course.

Comment

Then we would ask him “how come,” pretending we were annoyed. Do I get to choose both sets of wheels? Or do we each choose one (with a third, neutral trusted party making sure they were different), and then we see what our latest new two wheels would be?

Comment

With a hardtop vert I think the body coloured A-Pillar is the way to go. Black IMHO wouldn't look as nice. Easy and cheap enough to wrap them in a 3M 1080 gloss black film if that's what you want.
                              2020 C8 Torch Red/Natural Spider: In the top 5 of first Canadian deliveries.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X