MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Official 7.18.19 Livestream Reveal URL Site! Tustin Reveal Site Updates & Weather. Watch The Reveal on Your TV Using A Windows Laptop

7.18.19 Official Livestream URL Site: https://media.chevrolet.com/nextgenCorvette

7.18.19 Tustin Updates and Weather: https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...ather-forecast

Watch The Reveal On Your TV Using a Windows Laptop: https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...windows-laptop
See more
See less

C8 Wheel Collection; 3rd ME Wheel Found?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by meyerweb View Post
    The first bikes with disk brakes mounted them on the front of the forks, positioning them at the top of the disk. It was later found that in that location, heavy braking would cause the braking force to apply a twisting load to the forks. Mounting them behind the forks eliminated that.
    I'm trying to wrap my head around that and figure out why, and all I can come up with is one caliper applying more pressure (and more braking effort) than the other.

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
      Nice picture of 5- Spoke Trident wheel, option Q8T.
      It's an interesting design when finished the way we've seen it so far. The polished bits give the wheel that thin spoke look popular these days on supercars, but the thicker web and extra 'trident' spokes finished in black should make for a stronger wheel. If you recall that NYC video, when the car was moving you didn't even notice the black finished bits, just the thin shiny main spokes and rim lip.

Only downside is that all those extra spokes means extra cleaning of nooks and crannies.

Comment

You are so right Klinn. My 20 spoke Z06 wheels are far from a joy to clean also. Changed out my brake pads from OEM and that significantly reduced wheel dust and cleaning intervals (e.g., more driving).
        Excited owners of a 2015 Z06. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20 year members of NCM. Our 2020 ME C8 Corvette is next.

Comment

Best “5-Open Spoke” picture of wheel option code Q8Q:

Click image for larger version

Name:	36C89AA9-E9A7-4C98-8B96-6C5E5ADFCE0D.jpeg
Views:	118
Size:	490.9 KB
ID:	42353
          Excited owners of a 2015 Z06. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20 year members of NCM. Our 2020 ME C8 Corvette is next.

Comment

Great silver ME Wheel picture thanks to John F Keep. This is the second time he has surfaced ME pictures and each time it is clear what a great photographer he is! Thank you John.

First time we have seen this particular wheel, option code Q8P, square on like this — will help folks considering whether this is their wheel choice. IMO, this will be the standard, no extra cost, C8 “entry” wheel.

Click image for larger version

Name:	B571B578-78EE-46FE-900B-0F212F2E6D9C.jpeg
Views:	92
Size:	431.6 KB
ID:	43825

Comment

I am still looking at wheels, so far nothing excites me and most likely there will not , and should not be chrome wheels for a Euro Looking car.

Comment

One of my questions to specifically ask at the reveal, is there a third wheel option.

Comment

I want to see a five open spoke CHROME wheel offered on my c8 order

Comment

If the Jalopnik leaked specs are correct and complete (which of course we do not yet know), there will be no chrome wheel option on the C8. However, those specs, which allegedly came right from screen prints off GM Canada’s WorkBench Connect dealer software system, might well be both inaccurate and incomplete.
                    Last edited by John; 07-07-2019, 07:48 PM.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X