MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 3 < >

C8 Reveal Countdown Clock! Chazcron Driveway Walk-Around Videos! C8 Close Up Video

2 of 3 < >

Tonight @ 8:00 PM (PST) Scheduled Software Maintenance. C8 REVEAL COUNTDOWN CLOCK!

HEADS UP PLEASE: Tonight At 8:00 PM Is Scheduled Software Maintenance! Could be up to two hours long — but heretofore every one has been much shorter than the time cautioned.

Reveal Countdown Clock: https://www.chevrolet.com/upcoming-v...ation-corvette
3 of 3 < >

C8 Reveal Countdown Clock! Requirement to cite your post’s sources with a clickable link.

C8 REVEAL COUNTDOWN CLOCK: https://www.chevrolet.com/upcoming-v...ation-corvette

PLEASE, DUE TO COPYRIGHT LAWS, IF YOU USE ANY PART OF AN ARTICLE IN YOUR POST, IMPERATIVE THAT YOU INCLUDE AN ACTUAL, CLICKABLE LINK TO IT. Thank you.
See more
See less

3rd C8 Wheel Found?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do the C8 wheels look outside of the car while moving?

The “5-Tridents”:

The “open-spokes”:

Last edited by John; 05-15-2019, 06:09 PM.
    Excited owners of a 2015 Z06. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20 year members of NCM. Our 2020 ME C8 Corvette is next.

Comment

Question to those of you that followed the C7 through this process. Did they use any wheels on mules that were later available for purchase?
      The least we can do is wave to each other

Comment

Spectra Gray on cleaning day. Doesn't everyone take their wheels inside to clean them?

Click image for larger version

Name:	20160924_085149.jpg
Views:	142
Size:	889.5 KB
ID:	36463
        1966 coupe - Sunfire Yellow / Black
        2004 Z06 - Millennium Yellow / Black

NCM Lifetime Member since 2003

Comment

Originally posted by Meldoon View Post
          Question to those of you that followed the C7 through this process. Did they use any wheels on mules that were later available for purchase?
          Depends on whether those wheels were certified for production. If none of the wheels were, they must have gone to recycling, could not be sold. I have no knowledge about the C7’s mule/IVER wheels, whether they were or were not production certified. Sorry.

Same is true for the C8 wheels we have seen to date.
          Last edited by John; 05-15-2019, 07:20 PM.
          Excited owners of a 2015 Z06. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20 year members of NCM. Our 2020 ME C8 Corvette is next.

Comment

Originally posted by brad66 View Post
            Spectra Gray on cleaning day. Doesn't everyone take their wheels inside to clean them?

Name:	20160924_085149.jpg
Views:	142
Size:	889.5 KB
ID:	36463
            Great picture of those wheels. Thanks Brad.

Comment

Another dirty, testing 5-Trident wheel picture. Thank you Corvette_Nut. Interesting where the caliper is mounted.

Name:	2C7F7F34-801D-4F5F-B96F-1AD221C42390.jpeg
Views:	115
Size:	49.5 KB
ID:	36694

Comment

Hmm...I'm starting to like the "5-trident" wheel the more I see it.

The "10 RF" marking on the spoke might indicate "right front" so putting the caliper 'between the axles' could be to help reduce the polar motion weight. I'll need to check out other images but that's first thing out of the grey matter.

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
                  5-Trident wheel close ups. We do not have any that are not road dirty, but as Chazcron took the road ones and cleaned them up, we have this good picture of what they look like, here with the Spectra Gray background (option code Q8T). However Spectra Gray is a glossy metallic, something we are not seeing here.

Click image for larger version Name:	1830315B-DE06-42AF-8E02-C618B38E33CF.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	132.2 KB ID:	36452
                  With the small (trident) spokes blacked out, and the main spokes machine faces, I think those are pretty nice. With everything silver, I think they pretty busy. Of the wheels we've seen so far, I think my choice would be the silver open spoke, but I'd prefer a simpler design, without the weird "twist" at the base of one spoke of each pair.

But I guess I'm just an old curmudgeon. I think most of today's wheels are too busy, and trying to hard for "style."
                  SunKissed, my 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible (One of about 40)

Purchased 5/2/2015,
                  >31,000+ miles

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club. Check us out http://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org

Comment

My wife and I are 100% (of the wheels we so far have seen) getting the 5-Tridents with their polished five main spokes and polished perimeter ring, with Spectra Gray wheel barrel and secondary spokes.

Totally agree with you meyerweb, the secondary spokes often disappear in such a combo — which is fine with us also.

If we get a nice surprise third wheel option at the reveal, of course open to potentially embracing it.
                    Last edited by John; 05-17-2019, 04:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Nitrobrother View Post
                      Hmm...I'm starting to like the "5-trident" wheel the more I see it. The "10 RF" marking on the spoke might indicate "right front" so putting the caliper 'between the axles' could be to help reduce the polar motion weight. I'll need to check out other images but that's first thing out of the grey matter.
                      Good thinking Nitrobrother. Reducing polar moment would be a smart handling improvement, and as long as they can get adequate cooling to the brakes in that location, it would be a nice extra win.

Comment

Originally posted by Nitrobrother View Post
                        Hmm...I'm starting to like the "5-trident" wheel the more I see it.

The "10 RF" marking on the spoke might indicate "right front" so putting the caliper 'between the axles' could be to help reduce the polar motion weight. I'll need to check out other images but that's first thing out of the grey matter.
                        Motorcycles have mounted the front calipers behind the forks for decades. The first bikes with disk brakes mounted them on the front of the forks, positioning them at the top of the disk. It was later found that in that location, heavy braking would cause the braking force to apply a twisting load to the forks. Mounting them behind the forks eliminated that. I'm not sure the weight of the calipers is enough to make any real difference in polar moment, but it could affect steering in a similar way to how it affects motorcycles.

Early Honda CB750 (the first mass produced four cylinder motorcycle) caliper

Name:	newfrontwheel.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	199.1 KB
ID:	36744

Modern radial front brake caliper:

Name:	Front-Disc-Dual-1980s.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	372.7 KB
ID:	36745
                        SunKissed, my 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible (One of about 40)

Purchased 5/2/2015,
                        >31,000+ miles

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club. Check us out http://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org

Comment

Please forgive the off-topic ramble...

As an official Olde Farte, I lament the lack of "dish" in today's wheels. I understand that positive offset is great for handling and all that, but I sure like negative offset for sheer badassery!
                          As exhibit A, I submit Dusty Rhode's classic FED with my all time favorite way-cool Rebel wheels...sigh.

Name:	rhodes_rebel_wheels.png
Views:	88
Size:	240.6 KB
ID:	36762
                          </whining>

Comment

Nice picture of 5- Spoke Trident wheel, option Q8T.

Name:	07C3BF5C-87D8-4A22-A7F0-4C086596FBC0.jpeg
Views:	63
Size:	135.3 KB
ID:	41355

Comment

Haven't really seen a C8 wheel,I like yet

Comment

I like the 3-d aspect of these wheels.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X