Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

What If Most C8 Non-Lovers Become Believers After Seeing It (Even Camo’d)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What If Most C8 Non-Lovers Become Believers After Seeing It (Even Camo’d)

The BGA April 25/26 tours, were a very exciting day for at least three individuals who took a special “Golden Ticket” BGA Bash tour — with BTW the nickname of “golden ticket” tours for the $500 NCM contribution, being coined and used by many before they were held.

During each of the five different tours, they ended with us stopping in front of the very last location on the tour, the place where we typically stop and watch a video of a C7 running on “rollers,” with your tour guide talking about the many steps used to first identify, then to fix “rattling” or similar unwanted noises. This is the location where you watch through four 4’ X 4’ windows at a Corvette about 8 feet in front of you.

During the golden ticket tours however, instead of a video, instead of a C7, was a typically camouflaged C8. We were looking at its side. It did not have the 7.181.9 logo, but was camo’d as we had seen in over 200 ILW, C8 pictures over the past 18 months. However, standing that close to it, its camo becomes even more obvious, i.e., everyone who stood there and stared, was amazed at how much camo the car has.

The three tour-taking individual this thread is centered about, entered their tours using their words describing their before-versus-after feelings about the C8, the first personal saying, “I was not at all convinced about the looks of the C8, but I now a buyer,” the second telling me that “I was neither pro nor anti the C8’s looks as I entered the tour, but now, even though it was heavily camouflaged, I could see its lines underneath, and with urgency in his voice, added, “I am off to see Mike Furman to pre-order one. Do you know where Mike is?” A third person on the tour with me commented with a “double thumbs up.” When I asked him a little more about whether this was a change of how he felt before he went on the tour and he said, “I was negative to neutral on it before.”

Exciting news indeed for all who need to see one in person before I make up my mind on whether to get one.

However, in full disclosure, the next day at the Bash, I ran into another individual who also had been at the tour, and he comment when I asked him was, “I remain unconvinced now. It will depend on what it looks like without its camouflage.”

74 more days...

GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Originally posted by John View Post
    The BGA April 25/26 tours, were a very exciting day for at least three individuals who took a special “Golden Ticket” BGA Bash tour — with BTW the nickname of “golden ticket” tours for the $500 NCM contribution, being coined and used by many before they were held.

During each of the five different tours, they ended with us stopping in front of the very last location on the tour, the place where we typically stop and watch a video of a C7 running on “rollers,” with your tour guide talking about the many steps used to first identify, then to fix “rattling” or similar unwanted noises. This is the location where you watch through four 4’ X 4’ windows at a Corvette about 8 feet in front of you.

During the golden ticket tours however, instead of a video, instead of a C7, was a typically camouflaged C8. We were looking at its side. It did not have the 7.181.9 logo, but was camo’d as we had seen in over 200 ILW, C8 pictures over the past 18 months. However, standing that close to it, its camo becomes even more obvious, i.e., everyone who stood there and stared, was amazed at how much camo the car has.

The three tour-taking individual this thread is centered about, entered their tours using their words describing their before-versus-after feelings about the C8, the first personal saying, “I was not at all convinced about the looks of the C8, but I now a buyer,” the second telling me that “I was neither pro nor anti the C8’s looks as I entered the tour, but now, even though it was heavily camouflaged, I could see its lines underneath, and with urgency in his voice, added, “I am off to see Mike Furman to pre-order one. Do you know where Mike is?” A third person on the tour with me commented with a “double thumbs up.” When I asked him a little more about whether this was a change of how he felt before he went on the tour and he said, “I was negative to neutral on it before.”

Exciting news indeed for all who need to see one in person before I make up my mind on whether to get one.

However, in full disclosure, the next day at the Bash, I ran into another individual who also had been at the tour, and he comment when I asked him was, “I remain unconvinced now. It will depend on what it looks like without its camouflage.”

74 more days...

John you hit the bullseye on this one. The look on their faces must have been like the Willie Wonka Tours. My question is not if I want one but what versions are available now versus waiting for the GS or Z06. If Chevy plays by their own playbook then we may have to wait another year before we see the GS and Z06. Hopefully not but if nothing else I plan on buying the car they show so that I can be ready for the next steps...

Comment

I didn't need to see one to know I want one but it was a nice treat to get a close up look at the end of the tour.
      1966 coupe - Sunfire Yellow / Black
      2004 Z06 - Millennium Yellow / Black

NCM Lifetime Member since 2003

Comment

Can't wait to see one in person, without camo, at the Caravan!
        Delivered 5/29!: Scarlet Fever 2021 2LT HTC, Red Mist Metallic Tintcoat, two-tone Natural w/ suede inserts, Mag Ride, Performance Exhaust

Current C7: SunKissed, 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black overDaytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club: https://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org/

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

Originally posted by 455SDguy View Post

John you hit the bullseye on this one. The look on their faces must have been like the Willie Wonka Tours. .
          WOW!! Wouldn't be great to see the Willie Wonka movie remade as "Mary Barra and the Corvette Factory" The mishaps and Oompa Loompas would be hilarious.

Comment

Certainly got everyone’s rapt attention.

Click image for larger version

Name:	6D72561D-30E0-4264-9126-48E1546BBC3D.jpeg
Views:	261
Size:	1.62 MB
ID:	35122
            GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Originally posted by meyerweb View Post
              Can't wait to see one in person, without camo, at the Caravan!
              Not going to run the caravan but we’ll be there. Decided I had to see it too.
              There is a madness to my method!

2015 Z06 Torch/adrenaline
              2001 coupe Torch/oak R8C
              79 coupe Silver/oyster
              All one owner
              Museum lifetime members

Comment

It will be good re-seeing current MECF friends, making new ones!

Comment

Arrrg. You really make it hard to wait for the Z version John.

Comment

Hey John ... if the non-believers become believers good for them. I'd like to see other non-Corvette guys become interested and potential buyers. I hope GM/Chevy sells a bunch of C8s to the younger crowd. I'm certainly onboard for the C8, but heck I'm an old guy now.

Comment

The buzz in the non-automotive press for this car exceeds anything I can remember. And the stories all say basically this: dealers are seeing more interest in the ME than in anything they've had in many years.
                      Delivered 5/29!: Scarlet Fever 2021 2LT HTC, Red Mist Metallic Tintcoat, two-tone Natural w/ suede inserts, Mag Ride, Performance Exhaust

Current C7: SunKissed, 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black overDaytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club: https://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org/

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

About three months ago, I was talking with a writer for a top 3, auto-media company, and he noted that whenever they write a story about the C8, interest in their web sites massively spikes.

Comment

Like I stated earlier. Forget the drawings. The actual car looks far different. As a comparison, the late C7 drawings were far closer to the actual C7 than the current drawings of the C8 are to the actual C8. It's not even close. You will all love it. The used C6 and C7 market with be flooded with available used vehicles. If you are thinking of selling, you better do it now.
                          Last edited by C8UR911; 05-06-2019, 03:54 PM.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X