C8 Z51 Package

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• C8 Z51 Package

What do you think Will be included (or are hoping for) in the C8 Z51 Package ? , I know bigger brakes always seemed to be part of the Z51 Package in previous Corvettes , but haven’t noticed any Larger or Drilled Rotors on any of the C8 spy photos.

If not offered, I’m changing my C8 brake system to carbon ceramic rotors with matching pads.
    3LT Long Beach Red , Z51, FE4 , ZZ3, Black interior ,38S red stitching, Q8T, FA5, ER1, CFX, and R8C

Comment

I think it will have better gear ratio, larger brakes, exhaust upgrade with a bit more power, More drive modes with MRC, Misc visual enhancements

I want it to have, NAV, PDR, better stereo and a healthy amount of high quality cow skin

Comment

My guess is that it would have many of the same components as the C7’s Z51 package:

Z51 Performance Package, includes (J55) performance brakes, (J6A) Black-painted calipers, slotted brake rotors, (Z52) dry sump oil system, (FE3) Z51 performance suspension, specific shocks, springs and stabilizer bars, (NPP) performance exhaust, performance gear ratios, (G96) Electronic Limited Slip Differential (eLSD), (KNR) rear differential cooler, transmission cooling and an Aero Package.
        GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

We have already seen the Z51 version testing (it has the front lip), and would bet that component wise, it would mimic the past as John stated.

Comment

I assume there is no transmission charge for the DCT seeing its the only one offered?
            Torch Red C8 Spider

Comment

Yes; factored into the base MSRP. That however does bring up the point that as 4/5’s of C7’s are automatics with their roughly $2k incremental cost, it is going to mentally important that whatever the announced MSRP is, for all to realize that it contains a $2,000+ no-cost DCT (which usually costs more than a regular torque converter auto).
              GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

And the automatic Z06 had an additional $1300 gas guzzler tax. Hopefully the DCT won't incur that penalty.
                1966 coupe - Sunfire Yellow / Black
                2004 Z06 - Millennium Yellow / Black

NCM Lifetime Member since 2003

Comment

Originally posted by Sparro View Post
                  I assume there is no transmission charge for the DCT seeing its the only one offered?
                  Launch Control for the fastest ETs may be optional
                  LT2; Ceramic Gray Metallic; HTM Trim Jet Black; T19 Seat Belt Color Black; AE4 Seat Competition Sport Bucket; E60 Front Lift; Q8Q 5-open spoke Carbon Flash; FE4 Suspension Z51 Magnetic Selective Ride Control; Z51 Performance package
                  Delivered September 16, 2020

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X