Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

2023 Corvette Info Including SR Pricing, SR 2023 Visualizer, 70th Anniversary SR/Z06 Press Release; The C8 Z06 Press Release, Order Guide & Its Visualizer Link

See more
See less

POLL: IF C9 EV Sounds Like A V8 Corvette

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• POLL: IF C9 EV Sounds Like A V8 Corvette

Let’s suppose that GM is already working with Bose and the 100% electric battery C9 comes with a standard, completely-traditional Corvette V8 sounding faked sound system, so when you hammer the throttle you sound-wise are positive you are in the ______ (your all time favorite of all time sounding Corvette)?

And at its reveal GM first shows on the screen what we think is the 2027 ZORA’s sound but the GM then fesses up that 30 second afterwards that what we have been hearing was actually the all-electric C9’s sound (with our being fooled by in cabin and also by its outside “drive-by” sounds)?

Click image for larger version  Name:	1521524E-B9F8-4205-8BA6-913751B28239.jpg Views:	0 Size:	248.3 KB ID:	346725
    Rendering thanks to LeYang Bai, who while he works for GM calls this purely a personal project.

Thanks to our “pksjc” for introducing us to this video in which artically created ICE engine sound is shown/heard within a pure EV.

Poll question: Would you buy an all electric C9 if it had a fantastic Corvette V8 sound piped into to it — with at least one version of it faster to 60 MPH than even ZORA?
    No battery powered C9 for me even if it sounds just like a V8 Corvette (sticking with my C8!)
    54.29%
    I might CONSIDER that (getting over my NEVER getting a EV” vehicle before)
    4.29%
    Yes, that would definitively get me over the hump — especially if 0-60 is faster than ZORA
    5.71%
    Been pro C9 EV all along (so fake V8 sound is not a deal maker for me)
    20.00%
    Too soon for me to know yet.
    15.71%
    Z06 coming late this summer: Hypersonic Gray HTC, two tone blue interior, complete high wing/aero package. CCB’s, with every piece of visible carbon fiber available. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 24 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

I might just buy after market wheels with a lot of spokes and stick playing cards in them on all four wheels to get the maximum effect. It was cool sounding on my Sears 3 speed bike! You can count on one thing though, an electric Vette is going to be stupid fast off the line, and probably clobber the stats for our existing C8s. But I know the draw of a Corvette for many over the years has been aftermarket exhaust on that pushrod V8. I don't think that will change, but people will buy the E-Vette for a host of reasons of their own. And good for them. The V8 experience is more than sound for me, the vibrations, the up and down shifting, feeling of control in the throttle, and even getting home and shutting it off, all have appeal to me.

Comment

I can't do it. Harley tried it and it flopped. Something about the mechanical, visceral experience is I what I like (love how my old Harley shakes and sounds). Look at Formula E. Yes, they are fast but will not replace Formula 1. Even if they pipe in music on the inside (I think Audi does it) - not the same thing for me - call me old school.
      2022 2LT CHT - Red/Blk Z51
      Waiting list ZO6

Comment

As pointed out it is move than just the sound coming out of speakers. It is the total visceral feel of a gas powered motor — at least for us for non DD. We have a hybrid plug in DD SUV and it works perfectly for what we use it for (do not miss the exhaust sound of it even 1%).
        Z06 coming late this summer: Hypersonic Gray HTC, two tone blue interior, complete high wing/aero package. CCB’s, with every piece of visible carbon fiber available. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 24 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

The only thing that would stop me from getting a C9 would be a battery sounding car... if they can solve that and make it sound like a Corvette then I am in.

Comment

Like many of the others on this forum, replicating the sound of a V8 is only one element of the visceral experience from an V8 sports car. Eventually government mandated EVs will be the only choice of transportation but it's not clear whether technology can replicate the true visceral experience.

Comment

I think I'd rather have it sound like what is is than have fake sound pumped in. But without experiencing it, I can't say for sure. I've heard the EV Mustang in "unbridled" sound mode and think it just seems silly.

From about the 1:20 mark:

The Taycan has fake engine noise, too. OUTSIDE the car:

Delivered 5/29!: Scarlet Fever 2021 2LT HTC, Red Mist Metallic Tintcoat, two-tone Naturalw/ suede inserts, Mag Ride, Performance Exhaust, MRR 755 Gunmetal wheels

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club: https://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org/

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

Not against it, but, why worry about it now? I don’t buy green bananas……..👍🤪😎
                Black over Sky Cool Gray.....2LT.....Z51.....FE4.....E60.....

Comment

Originally posted by meyerweb View Post
                  I think I'd rather have it sound like what is is than have fake sound pumped in. But without experiencing it, I can't say for sure. I've heard the EV Mustang in "unbridled" sound mode and think it just seems silly.

From about the 1:20 mark:

The Taycan has fake engine noise, too. OUTSIDE the car:

Thanks for the video. Not bad for beta stuff. There will be many levels of sound improvements before the C9.

Comment

Originally posted by meyerweb View Post
                    I think I'd rather have it sound like what is is than have fake sound pumped in. But without experiencing it, I can't say for sure
                    Same here and I hope I can find out all I need to know about an electric C9 while there's still time to get a brand new ICE C8 before they disappear for good.

Comment

Since the sound is totally, artificial, the operator should have a choice of sounds. Including

A. Boeing 777 taking off from a short runway
                      B Union Pacific "Big Boy" steam locomotive climbing the mountain pass in Cheyenne
                      C Queen Mary departing New York Harbor
                      D Convair B-36J taking off with six turning and four burning
                      2022 HTC 2LT Z51
                      Front lift, mag ride
                      black exterior, adrenaline red interior, bright red calipers

Comment

Maybe they should put one of those transmissions that make a lot of gear noise that you see and hear in the rally cars that would be way cool if they could make it work with an electric motor.
                        2021 ELB, 2LT, Red Interior, Red Calipers, Standard Wheels, Front Lift, NPP,
                        MM Deposit Dec. 15, 2020
                        May 15, 21 2000
                        May 18, 21 3000
                        Aug 11, 21 3300
                        TPW 8/30
                        Sept 3, 21 3800
                        Sept 9, 21 5000 at the museum
                        Sept 21, picking up

Comment

Originally posted by Milliwatt Rob View Post
                          Since the sound is totally, artificial, the operator should have a choice of sounds. Including

B Union Pacific "Big Boy" steam locomotive climbing the mountain pass in Cheyenne
                          Or the Concorde taking off which was the coolest sounding airplanes at takeoff I have ever heard.
                          2021 ELB, 2LT, Red Interior, Red Calipers, Standard Wheels, Front Lift, NPP,
                          MM Deposit Dec. 15, 2020
                          May 15, 21 2000
                          May 18, 21 3000
                          Aug 11, 21 3300
                          TPW 8/30
                          Sept 3, 21 3800
                          Sept 9, 21 5000 at the museum
                          Sept 21, picking up

Comment

There are now apps that will produce different sounds, including performance engines……problem is a slight delay from your accelerator. I’m sure that’ll be all worked when designed into the car.
                            Black over Sky Cool Gray.....2LT.....Z51.....FE4.....E60.....

Comment

Since the sound is totally, artificial, the operator should have a choice of sounds.
                              Yes. I want mine to sound like this Typhoon as I cruise thru the neighborhood (use full volume):

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X