Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Official Z06 Press Release, Reveal Pictures and Visualizer Access

See more
See less

What & When: GM’s Z06 Info Roll Out Plan?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What & When: GM’s Z06 Info Roll Out Plan?

Z06 info is coming. GM has a definite, written, internal roll out plan. We first had the Z06’s reveal on October 26th. Next month after that it was widely shared at SEMA and the Los Angeles Auto Show — where mega thousands got to see it in person for their first time; they they shared it with us with about 25 videos. Harlan Charles presented a bunch of truly new to us Z06 information on a Corvette Today podcast in an early November, and it was about then that we learned about its quarter mile of 10.6 seconds time. But as you know tens of more pieces of information have yet to be shared with us.

Click image for larger version  Name:	A7BBC063-4B7F-499D-BE7D-B3CF17162CCC.jpg Views:	424 Size:	698.2 KB ID:	346488

Since the beginning of this year my private message box, including the latest time this morning (thanks “majic1980”), has been getting more than a few isolated questions as to “when will be learn this and that,”such as:
    • What is the Z06’s MSRP?
    • When will the Order Guide be shared?
    • When will the first dealer allocations start?
    • When does production start?
    Again more info about the Z06 is forthcoming. GM has a complete, internal PERT chart. And for all who remember “PERT charts” we now they have events and their dates and times. But what information is released when? Will the next info-share be later today, tomorrow, next month, March, and after that???

If you are looking for definitive answers, this thread does not have any — so skip reading another word unless you would like some historical clues as to when might GM release the next part of the Z06’s roll-out?

Two great Z06 potential info sharing events are within the next 15 days:
    • The Daytona 24 Hour race starts on January 29th. Might Harlan who traditionally speaks at the Corvette Corral share some new info there? Might it be the Z06’s MSRP?
    • That is also that same weekend as the Barrett Jackson auction and we all know one vehicle we are a touch interested that is going on the block the same days (around 8:30 PM MOUNTAIN time we have been told). Might it be Z06 VIN # 001? There will be a GM representative on stage in the discussion that always occurs before the bidding starts. Might we see the 1 1/2 minute version of the Z06 GM reveal video? Might that person share some new Z06 information?
    • As to when the dealer’s Z06 display tours start, what dealers are having it, and when, we are lacking info there too. Might we at least learn the date when its rumored first stop, Ciocca, is divulged. We heard a third hand rumor that at least it the first one will be at Ciocca; will the date of that first Z06 dealer tour event would be shared next month?
    Here’s some info that also gives us clues as to when to expect answers, e.g., dates and info. However, we all know GM very well, and as the tornado just recently proved, “expect the unexpected,” or put another way, every thing we think, every thing we plan, and every timetable that GM already has, while already laid out in black and white for a while, is always “ESTIMATED, SUBJECT TO CHANGE.”

I know at least 99% who have read to this point, have also read the following, but for the 1%….

https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...oduction-plans

https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...oes-to-auction

Remember how crazy we were during the Z06 pre-reveal time period? If you forgot that, you have been living in a winter tent in Antarctica without internet (its summer there now). Did you then wake up every morning hoping that would be the day you would be seeing GM’s next Z06 teaser video? Remember our countdown to the Z06 reveal clock starting 100 days before the reveal? We all lived through that, and we will again live though the next 100 days, which based on GM’s latest document re-cited above, is coincidentally the same 100 days from today that GM releases to its dealers the 2023 Stingray and Z06 Order Guide.

Sorry that I have most probably disappointed you. But there are those two big happenings at the end of this month — and that is just two weeks ago. And I know from loud birdie flock chirpings, that more is coming after that in the first half of February, then more, then more. You get the point. We lived through the first 100 pre-reveal countdown and were so richly rewarded with what GM created for us. We will be richly rewarded again in the next hundred too, for April 24th is exactly 100 days from now. Also, from least this week’s GM release-to-its-dealers’-information, the first customer Z06 is currently scheduled with a 5/9 TPW, e.g., 115 days from today, though that too is “subject to change.”

We living in exciting times — and while we here get myopic, the Z06 info sharing program is a minuscule part of the bigger picture that also effects us all. Stay tuned; we are in for a WILD RIDE! Are you still hyped up about 670 HP from a naturally aspired V8? I know I am. Wonder what we learn next and when we learn it?
    GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

John, thanks as always for updating all of us with this upcoming timetable and info regarding this 'wild ride'.
    Already highlighted the Barrett Jackson January 29th auction dateClick image for larger version  Name:	GM Headquarters Perspective Resized.jpg Views:	61 Size:	7.81 MB ID:	346494​ on my calendar.
    purple pearl 98
    Sr. Contributor
    Last edited by purple pearl 98; 01-14-2022, 10:28 AM.

Comment

HEY! That may be my next car on the back of that car carrier!!!! 👍😎
      Black over Sky Cool Gray.....2LT.....Z51.....FE4.....E60.....

Comment

For the last 10 years I dreamed of owning a Porsche. Once the C8's were revealed I was super impressed and was hoping we'd see a Z06 in the coming years.

Well, after the Z06 got delayed I started to lean back towards getting a Cayman GT4 or GTS 4.0 not knowing how long it would be. Then we started hearing rumors of the Z06 officially being announced this last year and I decided to wait on ordering a Porsche. Once it was officially announced I was blown away by the known specs and couldn't justify a Cayman over it in my eyes. More Power, faster 0-60, faster 1/4 Mile and Similar Price point once built.

Now after 10 years of saving, dreaming of different vehicles and Adulting a bit in between I know that I can wait a few more weeks for info.

Comment

:-) like a good puppy, I was well trained with the waiting since way before the first C8 revealed ... then the ordering ... then the delivery Patience ! the next great Z06 is coming ....
          Delivered 2/2021, HTC, (GPH) Red Mist, (EFY) Exterior Trim Accents, Body Color, (HTN) Natural, (AH2) GT2 seat, (TU7)Seats, Two Tone, (FA5) Carbon Fiber Interior, (Q8P) Silver painted wheels, Z51 package, (E60) Front Lift, (FE4) Magnetic Suspension, (STI) Rocker extension, (VQK) Splash guards, (ERI) Battery package,

Comment

John… for clarity, I assume you meant 8:30pm PST for Barrett-Jackson?

Comment

and btw…all I want next is the Build & Price so I can again start wasting WAY TOO MANY hours playing with configurations

Comment

Originally posted by Missileer View Post
                John… for clarity, I assume you meant 8:30pm PST for Barrett-Jackson?
                That is way too late. Since this is on TV most of the cars they expect to go for big money are shown late afternoon, early evening (CST) on Saturday. 8:30pm PST would be 10:30 here in Illinois, and 11:30 on the East coast. It should be in the afternoon PST.
                The greatest sound in the world is a Rolls Royce Merlin over 100 inches.

1LT, Elkhart Lake Blue, Adrenaline red seats, Torch red seat belts, Z51, FE4, Bright red brake calipers, Bright Silver 5-open spoke wheels, chrome emblems

Comment

It is 8:30 PM MOUNTAIN TIME.
                  GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

While my wife may not keep me on a short leash, she has taught me that patience in a relationship is richly rewarded. Will it be the same for the business relationship we have with GM? With GM’s Z06, Will I/we be richly rewarded? History tells me yes, but darn that patience, I want it now🤔😂
                    07/01/20 Deposit @ VanBortels on 2021 C8 Coupe; 08/01/20 Prelim Order Status 1100; 01/21/21 Final Order Status 2000; 01/27/21 Status 3000; 03/06/21 Status 3300 (TPW 03/22/21); 03/16/21 Status 3400; 03/22/21 Status 3800; 03/23/21 Status 4B00; 03/26/21 Status 4D00: Status 4200; 04/02/21; 04/06/21 Status 5000; 2LT Coupe; GMO; DSZ; Q8Q; HTA; AQ9; E60; FE2; NPP; ERI

”I’m not the best in town, but I’m the best, until the best comes around“

Comment

It may be my imagination but it seems like the ZO6 is creating more excitement and anticipation then the reveal of the C8.

Comment

Here’s something that came out this morning from GM (which I missed earlier as I was outside having some big tree planting) — but I think most of you have seen it already. If not, this was a nice video release today.

https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...w-gm-z06-video

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
                          It is 8:30 PM MOUNTAIN TIME.
                          Yeah.. that’s what I meant…given I am just a little over 100 mi South of their locale.

Comment

Also, from least this week’s GM release-to-its-dealers’-information, the first customer Z06 is currently scheduled with a 5/9 TPW, e.g., 115 days from today, though that too is “subject to change.”
                            This is ultimately the most important thing. While I want all the details NOW, this date is the critical path to getting my Z06 by late summer. If all GM did is periodically reconfirm this date, I'll squirm in my chair until pricing, colors, and the other details are released, but that is the info that will make me happiest while I wait.
                            2021 Red Mist HTC / Z51 /Mag Ride / Yellow Calipers / C-Flash Mirrors and Wing / Front Lift / Black 3LT / CF Interior Trim / Yellow Belts and Stitching

Atomic Orange C6. Plenty of engine and suspension mods. Gone, but not forgotten

Comment

Patience, I think, is not MECF members’ best attribute. I know it is very far from one of mine.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X