Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Site Maintenance

Site maintenance will take place at approximately 2022-01-17 10:15:00 Pacific Time and should only take a few minutes. The forum may be unavailable during this time.
See more
See less

GM Says May 9th 2023 Start Of Production; Also End of 2022 Production Plans

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GM Says May 9th 2023 Start Of Production; Also End of 2022 Production Plans

Only 117 days away! GM in written communications to its dealers just shared the following. We thank the Corvette Action Center for picking this up and sharing it with us all.

This is an update to our thread of just two days ago on this subject here: https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...ates-tentative

Click image for larger version  Name:	8F222F3A-DAF0-4A84-83A7-3ABCE223F16B.jpg Views:	0 Size:	92.5 KB ID:	346041

https://www.corvetteactioncenter.com...2023-corvette/
    GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Thanks, John. What does “In-System Return Cut-Off: 2/18/2022” mean?
    Coupe, 1LT, Rapid Blue, orange seat belts and black interior. ETA Late 2021.

First mods: tinted windows, orange DIY stitching, orange 12 o clock stripe on steering wheel, orange EL-wire in the cabin, orange engine cover, orange painted grille protectors and orange led light in engine bay✌️😎

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
      Only 117 days away! GM in written communications to its dealers just shared the following. We thank the Corvette Action Center for picking this up and sharing it with us all.

This is an update to our thread of just two days ago on this subject here: https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...ates-tentative

Click image for larger version Name:	8F222F3A-DAF0-4A84-83A7-3ABCE223F16B.jpg Views:	0 Size:	92.5 KB ID:	346041

When could we expect that pre-orders will be taken, rather than the actual order date of 3/24? That would give us an idea of what the pricing and options will be.

Comment

Perhaps not before the morning of March 24th for GM has been known in the past to bring out such key info in close proximity to the next part of the process. We just do not know.

One thing I know I have posted 50 times before but for all new people to all know these critical facts.

The date of order entry into GM’s workbench system has zero relationship to GM prioritizing that build. To be more specific with examples,

Dealer A enters an order on day 1 of the system starting to take 2023 orders; he/she is the first dealer in the nation to enter 2023 orders. Advantage to Dealer A’s customers. NOT AT ALL.

Dearler B works with his customers and they plan and discuss their orders in detail; dealer B does not enter any of its orders until day 10, which not so coincidentally is the very first day of DOSP (the official first day of ordering the 2023’s).

Dealer B gets all of his/her five allocations picked up and they all become status 2000 by the following Saturday, perhaps even 3000 status by the immediate next Wednesday.

Dealer A has none of his orders picked up. Every one of his languishes at status 1100 not just that week for could be for months afterwards.

What is the reason/difference?

Dealer A has no allocations.

Additionally for a slightly different circumstance, that both had allocations for that DOSP but still all of dealer B orders proceed at faster pace (getting the VIN’s first, get made first) than dealer A for one overriding factor that the time an order is entered in the GM WorkBench system has ZERO relevance in GM’s system in terms of anything.

So please understand that order entry timing means nothing as long as it is ordered within the DOSP time period.
        GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Sure hope my 1/31 TPW holds true. If I have to wait for a 23 built I could age out before then LOL! Tomg

Comment

Originally posted by Tomg View Post
            Sure hope my 1/31 TPW holds true. If I have to wait for a 23 built I could age out before then LOL! Tomg
            If you are already at 3000 you will have a 2022 build.
            2021 Red Mist 3LT / Z51 /Front Lift / Black with Red trim HUU custom interior / CF Mirrors and Wing / Red Belts and Stitching / TPW Aug 16th

Comment

As articspeed posted!

Comment

Perhaps not before the morning of March 24th for GM has been known in the past to bring out such key info in close proximity to the next part of the process. We just do not know.

One thing I know I have posted 50 times before but for all new people to all know these critical facts.

The date of order entry into GM’s workbench system has zero relationship to GM prioritizing that build. To be more specific with examples,

Dealer A enters an order on day 1 of the system starting to take 2023 orders; he/she is the first dealer in the nation to enter 2023 orders. Advantage to Dealer A’s customers. NOT AT ALL.

Dearler B works with his customers and they plan and discuss their orders in detail; dealer B does not enter any of its orders until day 10, which not so coincidentally is the very first day of DOSP (the official first day of ordering the 2023’s).

Dealer B gets all of his/her five allocations picked up and they all become status 2000 by the following Saturday, perhaps even 3000 status by the immediate next Wednesday.

Dealer A has none of his orders picked up. Every one of his languishes at status 1100 not just that week for could be for months afterwards.

What is the reason/difference?

Dealer A has no allocations.

Additionally for a slightly different circumstance, that both had allocations for that DOSP but still all of dealer B orders proceed at faster pace (getting the VIN’s first, get made first) than dealer A for one overriding factor that the time an order is entered in the GM WorkBench system has ZERO relevance in GM’s system in terms of anything.

So please understand that order entry timing means nothing as long as it is ordered within the DOSP time period.
                ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^This is hugely important for EVERYONE on a "LIST" to read. Dealer ALLOCATION is key. I know when I bought my GS from MM in 2016, Tommi said to Mark M. (It was a Saturday) "Oh yeah, we'll have an allocation for that on Tuesday or Wednesday (could've been a Thursday) next week. You'll go 1100 today and 2000 immediately." A different time of course when you could order a C7 off the lot LOL. Still, it holds true. Dealer ALLOCATION means everything. It's (in essence) your ticket to the party. Without it, your waiting in line with everyone else trying to get in the club. Read what was said above. Learn It. Know it. It will eliminate heartache. For some (at a smaller dealer) it will create a lot of it unfortunately.

Comment

hopefully we'll see the 2023 pricing next 4 - 6 weeks ...
                  Delivered 2/2021, HTC, (GPH) Red Mist, (EFY) Exterior Trim Accents, Body Color, (HTN) Natural, (AH2) GT2 seat, (TU7)Seats, Two Tone, (FA5) Carbon Fiber Interior, (Q8P) Silver painted wheels, Z51 package, (E60) Front Lift, (FE4) Magnetic Suspension, (STI) Rocker extension, (VQK) Splash guards, (ERI) Battery package,

Comment

Do we “KNOW” that this includes the “Z06”?
                    Black over Sky Cool Gray.....2LT.....Z51.....FE4.....E60.....

Comment

We do not know for sure, i.e., nothing in writing from GM, but the birdies are starting to wake up.

Comment

What is "DOSP"?

Comment

Originally posted by jimmyb View Post
                          What is "DOSP"?
                          Dealer Order Submission Process
                          Black over Sky Cool Gray.....2LT.....Z51.....FE4.....E60.....

Comment

Thanks John. It's like dejavous all over again.. seems like yesterday we were anticipating placing our orders for the 2020, 1st mid engine Corvette.
                            Now we will be ordering the Z06. The anticipation is too much. Here we go again.
                            Looking like March orders and driving the beast this summer. Awesome!

Comment

Click image for larger version Name:	8F222F3A-DAF0-4A84-83A7-3ABCE223F16B.jpg Views:	0 Size:	92.5 KB ID:	346041

So to get a car I will have to wait from now till MAY then 18 more months.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X