Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Monday’s Software Changes & Upgrades

Monday’s software updates, including changes to our Photo Gallery, User Name Cards, and other changes & fixes can be accessed here: https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...re-update-info. Thanks brad66 for creating the linked thread.
2 of 2 < >

Official Z06 Press Release, Reveal Pictures and Visualizer Access

See more
See less

Pretty disappointed by lack of new features with software updates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DBurnett View Post
    The one thing that I wouldn’t mind seeing is the before mention item about the car defaulting to tour mode from Z-mode. I would rather it just default to the previous mode before hitting Z-mode. Not a big deal…just something I would like.

I haven’t seen my C8 in almost 2 months. I can’t imagine how many OTA updates it’s gonna have.
    Mine hasn't gotten any since last fall.
    Delivered 5/29!: Scarlet Fever 2021 2LT HTC, Red Mist Metallic Tintcoat, two-tone Naturalw/ suede inserts, Mag Ride, Performance Exhaust, MRR 755 Gunmetal wheels

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club: https://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org/

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

Originally posted by meyerweb View Post

Mine hasn't gotten any since last fall.
      hopefully there aren’t any. I know the last time I drive it there was just one. Didn’t take but a couple minutes to complete. I have no idea what it updated though because I can’t tell anything is different.

Comment

Originally posted by DBurnett View Post
        I haven’t seen my C8 in almost 2 months. I can’t imagine how many OTA updates it’s gonna have.
        Probably 0

Comment

Originally posted by jimmyb View Post
          The window "roll up" is never going to happen from an OEM...too much liability potential. It's the same for the HTC, you can't put the top UP remotely (although someone used to make a gadget that would allow window up/top up remotely for the C7 convertible)

I don't understand the need for 2 presses to lock using the unlock button. There's a LOCK button RIGHT beside the UNLOCK button.

As far as "reverse tilt mirrors", I assume the OP has a 1LT car??? I know 2LT/3LT cars have that.
          Yeah window roll up (well, everything in this thread really) is never going to happen.

On Locking, i meant locking the door from the outside without pulling out your keyfob or swinging the biga$$ doors open.

Yes 1LT. TIL, 2LTs get this, i guess i'll just manually tilt my windows down like a plebeian 😁

Thanks for the input ya'll!

Comment

Originally posted by Jetdriver View Post
            I guess I need to brush up on the details of towing this car. Not that I'm going to tow it but you never know when it might happen, I know I read about it, but now that you mention it, what is the procedure to allow the car to be rolled onto a tow vehicle? I'll look it up.
            Maintaining N (Neutral) with
            Engine Off

This vehicle includes a method of
            keeping the vehicle in N (Neutral)
            while the engine is off.
            This method is not to be used for
            vehicle towing. If the vehicle needs
            to be towed, see Towing the Vehicle
            0 272.
            Driver Remains in Vehicle : To
            place the vehicle in N (Neutral) with
            the engine off and the vehicle
            occupied:
            1. Ensure the vehicle is on level
            ground, the engine is running
            and the vehicle is in P (Park).
            2. Apply the brake pedal.
            3. Shift to N (Neutral).
            4. Turn off the engine and release
            the brake pedal.
            5. The indicator should continue
            to show N. If it does not, start
            the engine and repeat
            Steps 2–4.
            6. The vehicle will now remain in
            N (Neutral).
            Driver Leaves Vehicle : To place
            the vehicle in N (Neutral) with the
            engine off and the vehicle
            unoccupied:
            1. Ensure the vehicle is on level
            ground, the engine is running
            and the vehicle is in P (Park).
            2. Apply the brake pedal.
            3. Open the door.
            4. Shift to N (Neutral).
            5. Turn off the engine and release
            the brake pedal.
            6. The indicator should continue
            to show N. If it does not, start
            the engine and repeat
            Steps 2–5.
            7. Exit the vehicle and close
            the door.
            8. The vehicle may automatically
            shift to P (Park) upon re-entry.
            2020 C8 Stingray Convertible - Torch Red - Natural Dipped 3LT - Z51 w/MSRC - Front Lift

Comment

^^^
              Both of which require that the engine is running when you start. If the car won't start at all, the only option is to lift the rear of the car and put dollies under the rear wheels. Hope the tow operator has dollies and doesn't just drag the car up onto a flatbed with the transmission locked.
              Delivered 5/29!: Scarlet Fever 2021 2LT HTC, Red Mist Metallic Tintcoat, two-tone Naturalw/ suede inserts, Mag Ride, Performance Exhaust, MRR 755 Gunmetal wheels

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club: https://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org/

Comment

^^^
                Both of which require that the engine is running when you start. If the car won't start at all, the only option is to lift the rear of the car and put dollies under the rear wheels. Hope the tow operator has dollies and doesn't just drag the car up onto a flatbed with the transmission locked.
                Tire skates will work also. A competent tow service should have dollies or tire skates.

https://www.amazon.com/Skates-Wrecke...33&sr=8-4&th=1
                2020 C8 Stingray Convertible - Torch Red - Natural Dipped 3LT - Z51 w/MSRC - Front Lift

Comment

The 2022 LT2 gives you a warning on the screen if you leave your phone in the charger.

My wife's 2021 XT6 does not and we are ALWAYS leaving the phone in the Cadillas and that vehicle auto locks the doors when you walk away.
                  Opinions expressed are solely my own and do not express the views or opinions of my employer.

Comment

Originally posted by MeesterOver View Post
                    The 2022 LT2 gives you a warning on the screen if you leave your phone in the charger.
                    This is the sort of thing that should be made available to 2020 and 2021 owners via OTA. GM has really missed the boat on what OTA's can be used for.

Comment

This is the sort of thing that should be made available to 2020 and 2021 owners via OTA. GM has really missed the boat on what OTA's can be used for.
                      We have feedback channels at work. Let me
                      ask around for the one related to C8 feedback. If I can find it, I will submit this suggestion.
                      Opinions expressed are solely my own and do not express the views or opinions of my employer.

Comment

Originally posted by oooseun View Post

Yeah window roll up (well, everything in this thread really) is never going to happen.

On Locking, i meant locking the door from the outside without pulling out your keyfob or swinging the biga$$ doors open.

Yes 1LT. TIL, 2LTs get this, i guess i'll just manually tilt my windows down like a plebeian 😁

Thanks for the input ya'll!
                        I’ve had 3 Ford Fusions (company cars) in the past... I could roll up (and down) the windows on each of them with my key fob.
                        Delivered 10/20/21... 2022 2LT Coupe Rapid Blue, Natural interior, FE2, Q8T, 3A9, TVS, E60, NPP, VQK....
                        1/28/21 - Deposit and Status 1100 (Original order as ‘21) : 7/2/21 - Status 1100 (Reordered as ‘22) : 9/7/21 - Status 2000 : 9/8/21 - Status 3000 : 9/14/21 - Status 3100 : 9/16/21 - Status 3300 (TPW 10/4/21) : 9/24/21 - Status 3400 : 10/5/21 - Status 3800 : 10/6/21 - Status 4000 : 10/13/21 - Status 4200 : 10/18/21 - Status 5000 : 10/20/21 - Status 6000

Comment

I do not understand why we cannot put the HTC up
                          from the FOB too

Comment

Originally posted by GreatDane21 View Post

I’ve had 3 Ford Fusions (company cars) in the past... I could roll up (and down) the windows on each of them with my key fob.
                            Yeah my bmw could do it too, but it does sound like something the company could get sued for. The sue list never ends haha

Comment

There are (2) Two types of (OTA) Over The Air updates ...

1) Software - SOTA
                              2) Firmware - FOTA

Software Updates are more portable and easier, while Firmware Update are trickier and requires additional Hardware to support it on both ends.
                              1999 C5 Magnetic Red Coupe -Z51 - SOLD 7/31/21
                              2021 C8 Red Mist Z51 HTC, 2LT Mag Ride & Front Lift

Carbon Flash Top/Mirrors/AH Splitter & Skirts, STD Silver Wheels
                              GT2 2-Tone Seats Sky Cool Grey/Black

Delivered – August 28th @ The National Corvette Museum

Comment

Originally posted by Plentyfast View Post
                                There are (2) Two types of (OTA) Over The Air updates ...

1) Software - SOTA
                                2) Firmware - FOTA

Software Updates are more portable and easier, while Firmware Update are trickier and requires additional Hardware to support it on both ends.
                                I'm pretty sure all the software in a GM vehicle is really firmware, programmed into chips, and not stored in RAM or flash ROM. The only things stored in flash ROM are user settings.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X