Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Monday’s Software Changes & Upgrades

Monday’s software updates, including changes to our Photo Gallery, User Name Cards, and other changes & fixes can be accessed here: https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...re-update-info. Thanks brad66 for creating the linked thread.
2 of 2 < >

Official Z06 Press Release, Reveal Pictures and Visualizer Access

See more
See less

Someone hijacked the Bus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Someone hijacked the Bus

Well, since November, once a month, OnStar diagnostics texts me to have the airbag system serviced within one day. Sometimes there was an airbag light, sometimes not. In every case, it went away if I shut the car off and restarted. (In service 1-2021, 4,500 miles)

So I had some time, made an appointment, and took it in this morning for a look see.

They take the car into the shop, and I’m sitting on the group W bench in the waiting room, and I start getting all kinds text messages.

Service Airbag system, Service Drivetrain, Rear axle, electric motor… Then the service manager and tech come by for a visit…. Rut roh…

Turns out, whilst they were trying to communicate with the car, they turned it into a brick. Seems the passenger occupancy sensor controller went rogue, and is hijacking the bus. After an hour on the phone with mama GM, they pulled a fuse, and got the car alive again. Consensus is replace the occupancy sensor controller. Part overnighted, car gets an unexpected sleepover in the dealers shop..

I will update when it’s resolved… Good thing it’s 19 degrees and I didn’t fly off the planet this morning. (Yes the tires were 60 degrees when I left the garage, and the dealer is 5 minutes away.) **** that steering wheel heater sure does work.

Sorry to hear of your experience but it sounds like they have a plan to get you back on the road fully fixed. I am glad your service team called Michigan to access the internal (not available directly for us customers) Corvette Tech Help line.

About twelve years ago my superlative Corvette Master Tech with over 30 years experience had a problem with my C6 Z06 heater going on sporadically even when it was 90 degrees. Rather than waste my time as he had never experienced this one before, he shortly called the Michigan Corvette Tech Help center and they within a couple of minutes asked him, “we got the first two codes you read to us and are the next four a, b, c, and d, for it so, the Engine Body Control unit needs replacing.” And those were the next four codes he was going to read to them. My Corvette was only the third time they had experienced it. [With my GM extended warranty that mega cost repair cost me my $100 deductible.]

Some service departments when over their heads they start throwing new parts at in an attempt to figure out the root cause (rather than their admitting they do not know it). The better ones acknowledge they need help and quickly access this Corvette Tech Help line (available to them at no cost).

We hope your C8 is back on the road real soon, problem permanently solved.
    GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Don’t you just love computers?! At least they have a good idea (hopefully) what the issue is. They will fix it.
      I do agree about heated steering wheel. Started the car up and it was 45 in the garage. Got out of the car to get something and when I got back in, I grabbed the wheel. It was a nice surprise to find it very warm. I forgot it had the option.

Comment

GREAT series of informative posts. Thanks to all!

Comment

Originally posted by richardsperry View Post
          They take the car into the shop, and I’m sitting on the group W bench in the waiting room, and I start getting all kinds text messages..
          Click image for larger version

Name:	emoticon-big-toothy-smile-260nw-110202812.jpg
Views:	403
Size:	20.9 KB
ID:	345803

Delivered 5/29!: Scarlet Fever 2021 2LT HTC, Red Mist Metallic Tintcoat, two-tone Naturalw/ suede inserts, Mag Ride, Performance Exhaust, MRR 755 Gunmetal wheels

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club: https://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org/

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

This is all great fun… but can someone help me convince GM to put a Cooled Steering Wheel in play? Those Sonoran Desert mid-day startups if you forget the sun shield are brutal.

Click image for larger version

Name:	F96B9969-D9D4-401C-B9FA-57CC8D31A7C4.jpg
Views:	389
Size:	246.1 KB
ID:	345807

Comment

^^^
              The microsuede steering wheel feels quite a bit cooler less hot than leather in those situations.
              Delivered 5/29!: Scarlet Fever 2021 2LT HTC, Red Mist Metallic Tintcoat, two-tone Naturalw/ suede inserts, Mag Ride, Performance Exhaust, MRR 755 Gunmetal wheels

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club: https://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org/

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

Yep, suede for the win.

Comment

Originally posted by richardsperry View Post
                  that steering wheel heater sure does work.
                  Yes. 24F here today during a drive. Steering wheel warm till I turned it off, seat warm till I turned it off. Passenger window open an inch and cabin temp set at 71F on low fan. Nice and comfortable. AS tires held good.

Hope you get the bus going soon.
                  Boomer
                  ZORA Patron, Founder & Sr. Contributor
                  Last edited by Boomer; 01-11-2022, 05:25 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Update: Well, overnight isn’t what it used to be. Part didn’t arrive in time, so the car gets another night in the hospital…

on the bright side, I bought a new 2022 Suzuki ATV to replace the 2007 Suzuki ATV that does plow and farm duty. The new one is fuel injected, so maybe it won’t have continuous carb problems…

Comment

All done. The tech said GM thinks it was caused after an OTA update.. Anyway, new passenger sensor control module, and programmed. And dang, they all love my car…other customers too.

Comment

I wonder if the heated steering wheel temp is controllable or fixed? I know I could go to the OM online but thought someone here might know.
                        Save the wave.

Comment

It is not. It is off or on. Sorry.
                          GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Bummer. Just discovered that my 2018 Explorer is settable.
                            Save the wave.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X