Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe buy some lottery tickets……..

LADY BUG GOOD LUCK
    Historically and cross-culturally, ladybugs are believed to be talismans of luck. Some believe that, if a ladybug lands on you, you should count the number of spots to predict how many years of good luck you'll have. ... There are even folk tales that say when a ladybug comes to call, true love will follow soon after.
    Black over Sky Cool Gray.....2LT.....Z51.....FE4.....E60.....

Comment

Originally posted by Gators2020 View Post

No they typically appear more when it’s daylight. I thought we got rid of them all and then left for a day and when we got back, there was several of them on the inside of the windshield
      I thought maybe the colder temp might chase them out but it sounds like parking the car with the windshield facing the sun might work better

Comment

Originally posted by Meldoon View Post
        Maybe buy some lottery tickets……..

LADY BUG GOOD LUCK
        Historically and cross-culturally, ladybugs are believed to be talismans of luck. Some believe that, if a ladybug lands on you, you should count the number of spots to predict how many years of good luck you'll have. ... There are even folk tales that say when a ladybug comes to call, true love will follow soon after.
        LOL Oh my. I guess if I had a Lady Bug infestation in my C8 I would be thankful. I'd count the number of spots on each one till I had enough years of good luck to last my lifetime. Since I already have my "true love" bringing on another one could be problematic.

Comment

They swarm in colder climates to hibernate through the winter. They apparently got the message that your car was going to be driven to a warmer climate, so they hitched a ride.

Perhaps, after they realize they are now in a more temperate climate, they will get hungry and move out.

A second theory is they wear summer tires, so they hibernate when the weather cools down.

Here is an explanation, and some suggestions

https://entomology.ca.uky.edu/ef416
          Expected build - 2022 HTC 2LT Z51
          Front lift, mag ride
          black exterior, adrenaline red interior, bright red calipers

Comment

Consider calling your local cooperative extension or the Florida Department of Agriculture. They may be able to help. While they aren't harmful, "These beetles secrete a foul liquid when they feel threatened, and reportedly taste bad, which is why they have few predators".
            -Dave

2022 3LT HTC, Z51, Mag Ride, Front Lift, Black Roof and Nacelles, Colors TBA.
            Deposit @ MM: 8/17/2021 - 2000: - 3000: - 3400: - TPW: - Built: - NCM Delivery: - Home sweet home in the Sunshine State:

Comment

If they aren't bright orange but more of a brownish orange then they aren't ladybugs but are a beetle. Same size and shape tho.
              Save the wave.

Comment

Maybe an OTA update to fix the bugs😂

Comment

this is a similar thing that happened to me , stored my c5 outside for a month and a half covered in vero beach florida when i returned there was a infestation of carpenter ants inside the car hundreds of them, contacted a pest control store and he gave me bait to get them out and or die (remember the c5 has a balsa wood floor) nothing happened there🙄😂

Comment

At least it's not wasps or spiders.

Comment

For what it's worth, if you Google "Ladybug Attractant" you get hits on several chemical lures. Maybe you can use that to draw them out?

Comment

Get a pest control service to eliminate them. After that, put something over the exposed vents on each side of the back glass when not driving. That would probably be their best point of entrance.

Comment

UPDATE:

Thanks everyone for the input. The guys at Ciocca have been excellent, and have told me to get it taken care of and they will foot the bill. I thought this was world class, even though the problem started there it’s not their fault either.

Solution - after contacting 3 of the biggest pest control companies and 2 local ones, simply put everyone was baffled. No one has seen or heard of this issue and one of the companies posted it on a nationwide pest forum to see if they can get help from anyone who may have dealt with this. The solution was ultimately to combine two formulas together and create a fumigation of the two as well as spraying the vents. They ended up removing another 70 of these bugs in the process.

It’s early but so far I have not seen another show up.

Comment

Hopefully, none of the chemicals used in the exfiltration of these peculiar, pesky & petulant pests, damages any of the plastics, leather, etc, which are omnipresent in our C8’s.
                            07/01/20 Deposit @ VanBortels on 2021 C8 Coupe; 08/01/20 Prelim Order Status 1100; 01/21/21 Final Order Status 2000; 01/27/21 Status 3000; 03/06/21 Status 3300 (TPW 03/22/21); 03/16/21 Status 3400; 03/22/21 Status 3800; 03/23/21 Status 4B00; 03/26/21 Status 4D00: Status 4200; 04/02/21; 04/06/21 Status 5000; 2LT Coupe; GMO; DSZ; Q8Q; HTA; AQ9; E60; FE2; NPP; ERI

”I’m not the best in town, but I’m the best, until the best comes around“

Comment

Gators2020, we hope it got rid of your very last one with any issues ever.
                              GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Glad you seem to have found a solution. But to memorialize this event, you could always do this to your red C8. Although a word of caution: When in my 20s I did this to my girlfriend's red '68 VW with contact paper. Seemed like a fun thing at the time (it was the '60s, after all). When we broke up I thought I would try to help remove the spots but as I started on the first one I realized it was removing the paint,so I left them on and headed on my way. --Bob

Click image for larger version  Name:	26646278790_319a9944d9_b.jpg Views:	0 Size:	255.4 KB ID:	346971
                                2016 Z06 Long Beach Red #10281 "POPS Z"
                                -Kalahari, 2LZ, Auto, chrome wheels
                                1995 ZR-1 Polo Green #409 "WARP TEN" --Haibeck 350/510hp package, Sold but still running strong
                                1993 ZR-1 Quasar Blue #161 "HIL KING" --Sold but still running strong
                                1967 Corvette Coupe --Marlboro Maroon/Saddle 300 HP 4 Speed, Sold in 1977
                                ZR-1 Net Registry Founding Member #95
                                Member of Original ZR-1 Registry
                                NCM Lifetime Member
                                Favorite Quote--Attributed to Mickey Thompson:
                                "Too Much Horsepower is Almost Enough"

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X