Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

2023 Corvette Info Including SR Pricing, SR 2023 Visualizer, 70th Anniversary SR/Z06 Press Release; The C8 Z06 Press Release, Order Guide & Its Visualizer Link

See more
See less

Official C8 Reveal In Orange County, California

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• As always.... Thanks John!

Have fun at the reveal!
    Mark JD
    Venice, Florida

2019 Grand Sport Convertible, 3LT, Blade Silver with Adrenaline Red interior. Delivery date: 12/12/2018
    Our other ride: 2019 Cadillac XT4 Red Horizon Tintcoat

Comment

• Not that I'm a drinker, but I wonder if they server alcoholic beverages that night. Things can get interesting with buzzed audiences.

Comment

• There were alcoholic beverages served at 1.13.13 and also at the ZR’s Los Angeles reveal. Everyone at the C7’s reveal acted perfectly — with the open bar open for a couple of hours. And with the exception of a few under 30’s at the LA reveal, the rest of the multi-hundreds in attendance acted just fine. And even the few who did not, just got carried away with their selfie sticks and/or spending an inordinate amount of time in the ZR1 convertible seats while their friends took significant pictures of them, e.g., just narcissism displayed by a few.
        Z06 coming late this summer: Hypersonic Gray HTC, two tone blue interior, complete high wing/aero package. CCB’s, with every piece of visible carbon fiber available. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 24 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

• Originally posted by JB View Post
          I bet many many porsche , ferrari...lamborghini and mclaren owners will be quite impressed...

isnt california porsches biggest market in the USA?

should be quite the stick in the eye of porsche NA even though they are based in Georgia?
          We already are impressed. It is already quite the buzz on the Lambo forum.

Comment

• Just a strong intuitive hunch.(Sometimes I am pretty good at this, so we will see.) I think it will be at the.... Marconi Auto Museum.

Comment

• Odds are against the Marconi Auto Museum at the moment. In another thread a forum member had a good idea and phoned the museum to see if public tours were available on July 18th, and they were. Sorry, I can't find the post at the moment to give you the link.

Personally, I'm going with the idea from another thread of the reveal using the blimp hanger on the western edge of Tustin, the one that GM has used before for shooting commercials.

Comment

• Those who know are not talking (including GM).
                Z06 coming late this summer: Hypersonic Gray HTC, two tone blue interior, complete high wing/aero package. CCB’s, with every piece of visible carbon fiber available. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 24 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

• Nor are the outside partners involved in the staging of the event, catering, security, etc.
                  GM is running a very tight ship!

Comment

• It is amazing how tight everything is on the reveal of the C8 right down to the Venue of the reveal. It makes it more exciting. keeps everyone tuned to coming events. Great advertising tool ( SUSPENSE)

Comment

• I can definitively confirm it will not be the Marconi Museum. We need to remember that the location is not just for 1,000 people, and not just for the new C8’s, but additionally has space for what most believe will be a space for a good sized number of the Corvette ME prototypes, AND also to have room the 57 enthusiasts invited who are invited because, and were told to arrive there in their current Corvette.

Think a BIG place to accommodate all the above.

Comment

• Originally posted by Klinn View Post
                        Odds are against the Marconi Auto Museum at the moment. In another thread a forum member had a good idea and phoned the museum to see if public tours were available on July 18th, and they were. Sorry, I can't find the post at the moment to give you the link.

Personally, I'm going with the idea from another thread of the reveal using the blimp hanger on the western edge of Tustin, the one that GM has used before for shooting commercials.
                        The Marconi Auto Museum closes at 4:30, except on days when there is a private event. They book evening and weekend events. I just saw that John said it is not the Marconi, so the guessing game and suspense continues.
                        There are golf courses, aircraft hangars, and empty industrial buildings in the area. So maybe the historic blimp hangar on the link that Klinn suggested. That is Big.
                        Here's a link. Yes, this is BIG!!! Yes, this makes sense and would fit. Wow!
                        https://www.tustinca.org/765/Tustin-Hangars
                        https://www.atlasobscura.com/places/...-blimp-hangars

Comment

• There is a strong rumor on CF that they will use one if the Tustin NAS blimp hangers, where Chevy has filmed some Chevy focus group commercials in the past couple years. LOTS of room - these hangers are over 1000 ft long by over 200 ft wide.

Comment

• Originally posted by John View Post
                            I can definitively confirm it will not be the Marconi Museum. We need to remember that the location is not just for 1,000 people, and not just for the new C8’s, but additionally has space for what most believe will be a space for a good sized number of the Corvette ME prototypes, AND also to have room the 57 enthusiasts invited who are invited because, and were told to arrive there in their current Corvette.

Think a BIG place to accommodate all the above.
                            Thank you. Makes sense. I didn't realize that there would be 1000 people and 57 cars. Wow! Have fun! Can't wait to see the live stream. I am not that far away, but no invite, so will watch the livestream.

Comment

• Originally posted by John View Post
                              Those who know are not talking (including GM).
                              And those that are talking don't know.

Comment

• GM has not yet officially told even those they invited as to where the exact location will be, i.e., I was told in April when I accepted GM’s reveal invite, that close to the reveal itself I would be getting an additional email with further event details.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X