Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Monday’s Software Changes & Upgrades

Monday’s software updates, including changes to our Photo Gallery, User Name Cards, and other changes & fixes can be accessed here: https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...re-update-info. Thanks brad66 for creating the linked thread.
2 of 2 < >

Official Z06 Press Release, Reveal Pictures and Visualizer Access

See more
See less

Bought a Gray 2022 C8.R - Would PPF decrease value?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bought a Gray 2022 C8.R - Would PPF decrease value?

Would wrapping the entire vehicle with XPEL Stealth decrease the value? Or should I stick with clear PPF? Or should I just not wrap the entire car it at all? Community input most welcome!

Everything we do will diminish its value to a certain buyer. But that exact same mod could be the one which caused the next buyer to covet your car and be willing to spend up on it. IMO, you should be planning for is YOU the current owner. If you like something that is really rare, say getting custom purple seats, sure that would turn off some buyers, but could attract others who like it is very different.

If you like the Stealth PPF, I would get it.

As to whether you should wrap your entire car (regardless of product you choose), budget consideration is alway in my book number one. Then as to whether more would fit in to your budget, I would go for it. That is one clear advantage to a clear PPF that you can do part of your car and not the whole thing. Our rear hatch and our rear fascia is not wrapped on our C8 and no one would ever know they have been “left out.” But if you go with a matte finish and only do part of your car…., that would be one mod I would never do

I advocate for getting, again if you can afford it, the front fascia, the front hood, the headlights, the “A” pillar (including the first 4” of the roof), the front of the door mirrors, the front half of the front fenders and the front half of the rear fenders if you can afford these parts. Of course they are the parts most likely to be impacted with rocks.

Even if one has struggled to pay for their car, I would pick up cans on the side of the road, get a part time job, etc. to at least do both headlights in clear PPF — for they are each $1,500 to replace and rocks love to seek out and target a direct hit on them.

Hope this helps some…
    GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

PPF can be removed, can it not?
      Delivered 5/29!: Scarlet Fever 2021 2LT HTC, Red Mist Metallic Tintcoat, two-tone Naturalw/ suede inserts, Mag Ride, Performance Exhaust, MRR 755 Gunmetal wheels

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club: https://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org/

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

It can be removed, but aren't the graphics on the C8.R also vinyl? Putting vinyl over vinyl could present an issue with the original graphics? I wouldn't go stealth, heck all the cool graphics would be covered up! I'm not sure that a complete paint correction, as is recommended, could be done before the installation of a PPF. Not sure, somebody with experience with this will clarify all this.

Comment

You can not do a paint correction on anything other than the clear coat paint, e.g., not on the vinyl graphics. Prior question though, does the paint even need it?
          GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

When I had my Stingray ceramic coated, the detailer felt all that was necessary was to do a light machine polish of the car. No paint correct (which I interpret as wet sanding with very fine sandpaper).
            Delivered 5/29!: Scarlet Fever 2021 2LT HTC, Red Mist Metallic Tintcoat, two-tone Naturalw/ suede inserts, Mag Ride, Performance Exhaust, MRR 755 Gunmetal wheels

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club: https://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org/

Comment

Originally posted by meyerweb View Post
              When I had my Stingray ceramic coated, the detailer felt all that was necessary was to do a light machine polish of the car. No paint correct (which I interpret as wet sanding with very fine sandpaper).
              Most new cars do not need wet sanding. Machine polishing is paint correction. It varies by car. Mine needed 1 hour. Another customers C8 needed 6 hours of machine polishing.
              The greatest sound in the world is a Rolls Royce Merlin over 100 inches.

1LT, Elkhart Lake Blue, Adrenaline red seats, Torch red seat belts, Z51, FE4, Bright red brake calipers, Bright Silver 5-open spoke wheels, chrome emblems

Comment

Originally posted by meyerweb View Post
                PPF can be removed, can it not?
                Yes, they heat it up and peel it off.
                The greatest sound in the world is a Rolls Royce Merlin over 100 inches.

1LT, Elkhart Lake Blue, Adrenaline red seats, Torch red seat belts, Z51, FE4, Bright red brake calipers, Bright Silver 5-open spoke wheels, chrome emblems

Comment

Originally posted by TAdams65 View Post

Most new cars do not need wet sanding. Machine polishing is paint correction. It varies by car. Mine needed 1 hour. Another customers C8 needed 6 hours of machine polishing.
                  Some define paint correction as wet sanding, some as polishing. It's hard to know what any one person means when they use that term.

Comment

A PPF installer can trim around the graphics to prevent the edges from showing.
                    Save the wave.

Comment

Originally posted by Jetdriver View Post
                      It can be removed, but aren't the graphics on the C8.R also vinyl? Putting vinyl over vinyl could present an issue with the original graphics? I wouldn't go stealth, heck all the cool graphics would be covered up! I'm not sure that a complete paint correction, as is recommended, could be done before the installation of a PPF. Not sure, somebody with experience with this will clarify all this.

Stealth PPF is clear with a satin/ matte finish. The "cool" graphics will still be visible.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X