Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

2023 Corvette Info Including SR Pricing, SR 2023 Visualizer, 70th Anniversary SR/Z06 Press Release; The C8 Z06 Press Release, Order Guide & Its Visualizer Link

See more
See less

The Case For Standard Z06

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Case For Standard Z06

* 670 HP (enuf said). Thread closed lol…

*Purest aesthetic form

Click image for larger version  Name:	DD6CE696-CB66-46F5-8F1F-DB9800BAE5E3.jpg Views:	0 Size:	62.2 KB ID:	344756
    Picture thanks and credit to Andi Hedrick: Road&Track

Walk-around Red Mist HTC video thanks to Jeremy Welborn

*Identical powertrain to Z07 version, e.g., 8,600 RPM redline, same DCT, eLSD.

*Available carbon ceramic brakes

*Available Z07 aero (missing only the underbody aero strakes), including in visible carbon fiber if desired; specifics of its aero here:
    https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...s-similarities

* Top speed of all Corvettes

* Super 365 lb downforce with full sized wickerbill attached

Click image for larger version  Name:	CDA26353-FCBB-4362-9048-AB393D430244.jpg Views:	0 Size:	810.1 KB ID:	344757

*Fast as hell on the track (way above 99% of our capabilities)

* About $90,000 MSRP buy in price

* Five choices of forged, lightweight aluminum spider wheels

* Six caliper choices (all colors not yet known)

* Identical interior choice options as all Z06’s (e..g same upholstery and other options, same package level 1 or 2 visible carbon fiber; same “stealth aluminum block out trim”

* Massive 305/345mm 20x21” tires; large 14.6” & 15.0” standard brakes

* Most comfortable Z06 ride, yet 1.10 G cornering capability

* Best Z06 fuel mileage

* Standard and unique 4.0 Mag Ride control version MSRC system

“Who Could Ask For Anything More?”

Z06 coming late this summer: Hypersonic Gray HTC, two tone blue interior, complete high wing/aero package. CCB’s, with every piece of visible carbon fiber available. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 24 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

John

I was all in on the Z07 until I read this. These are very convincing points. After all, a smooth ride is very desirable for most people who are 40+ - a majority of the buyers. Something the Z07 will never offer. Sure, the Z07 has a "cool-factor," but can anyone really believe that a bumpy ride feels "cool." Why should I be gritting my teeth over the, oh, ah, constantly? I could spend a weekend at Spring Mt. and improve my lap times far greater than I could ever spend out of the Z07 price. I guess carbon fiber rims is the only reservation, until one gets destroyed and I pay an arm and a leg for a replacement. Tkxs John

Comment

That sums it up for me. I just need to choose colors. It's one of the 2 pictured.

Comment

I was planning on the standard ZO6 with some added goodies all along.....you've just convinced me I'm making the right move. You should have been a salesman John!

Comment

Z06 and Z07 both exist because there are distinct buyers for both variants and price points. After reading everything I could find and watching nearly every video featuring a GM engineer, I am now convinced that Z07 is the one to have on both the road and the track. It’s the ultimate expression of the Z06 and fully leverages the available technology of the C8 Platform. I understand the appeal of a minimalist car at $100K, but Z06 was a moonshot project engineered to demonstrate what an American supercar is capable of with optimized aero, tires, suspension, brakes, wheels, etc. Cars like this with internal combustion engines may not exist in a few more years and Z07 is the specification that elevates C8 to world-class status to compete with the best from Europe.
          Last edited by TXHP; 01-08-2022, 07:43 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by TXHP View Post
            Z06 and Z07 both exist because there are distinct buyers for both variants and price points. After reading everything I could find and watching nearly every video featuring a GM engineer, I am now convinced that Z07 is the one to have on both the road and the track. It’s the ultimate expression of the Z06 and fully leverages the available technology of the C8 Platform. I understand the appeal of a minimalist car at $100K, but Z06 was a moonshot project engineered to demonstrate what an American supercar is capable of with optimized aero, tires, suspension, brakes, wheels, etc. Cars like this with internal combustion engines may not exist in a few more years and Z07 is the specification that elevates C8 to world-class status to compete with the best from Europe.
            Good Points. I'm just like a flip-flopping politician. Now I think I will get the Z07....lol,

I wonder, and I would imagine so, if later on, I will be able to add the lower strakes aero without any difficulty? Aftermarket CF rims?, I'm not so sure?

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	AAAAAAA  My 2023 Corvette Z06 (4) A.jpg
Views:	929
Size:	1.21 MB
ID:	344824 All good points, John.
              My build if I am lucky enough to get one. Since I didn't get the Z51 the first time around, this 'base' Z06 should be enough of a step forward in terms of handling and braking for me. It's been a blessing not cleaning my wheels, and taking my 2LT out even when it's below 20 degrees, but I know that will change with the Z06. I can live with that!

Comment

“purple pearl 98” brings us a major point that stepping up from a C8 Stingray to the standard Z06 will be a major jump. I posted about two months ago three examples where the jump to a C7 Z07 was a major mistake for all three buyers, e.g., one “too skittish for me to drive it” (he basically parked it, drove it very infrequently then sold it for a 2017 Grand Sport) and two others on their first day of ownership who lost it in the rain and crashed it on its Cup2 tires — one literally on the way home from his initial dealership pick up, the other one in downtown Miami is a freak heavy rain just three hours after he first picked it up, crashing it into the curb.

It is critical we know what will be our usage patterns, our skill level, and our past experience with cars of this power level. and not get caught up in this. In some ways I wish the E-Ray were already out so that that tweener would have been the perfect car so many, e.g., 575 HP is a massive amount of power!
                Z06 coming late this summer: Hypersonic Gray HTC, two tone blue interior, complete high wing/aero package. CCB’s, with every piece of visible carbon fiber available. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 24 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Man, I love those Z06 wheels! As for Jeremys vid, someone who knows someone please, find out why the outside tail pipes are thicker with drilled holes than the inside ones? Details like this drive me nuts til I find the answer. Maybe the chief engineer for the LT6 or the engineers that built the exhaust could be questioned about this ?

Name:	Screen Shot 2022-01-08 at 10.36.04 AM.png
Views:	848
Size:	1.36 MB
ID:	344859

Comment

Good question. If we do not find out in the interim, I just added it into my list of NCM Bash questions to ask.

Comment

Based on the fact this has no AFM and pushing 600+ hp I guess there will never be made one Z06 without one option: gas guzzler tax😄 What do believe that will add?
                      Last edited by Brad; 01-08-2022, 03:12 PM. Reason: No need to quote the original post.
                      Coupe, 1LT, Rapid Blue, orange seat belts and black interior. ETA Late 2021.

First mods: tinted windows, orange DIY stitching, orange 12 o clock stripe on steering wheel, orange EL-wire in the cabin, orange engine cover, orange painted grille protectors and orange led light in engine bay✌️😎

Comment

Will the ZO6 have the NPP exhaust option the Stingray's have? Maybe something to do with that?

Comment

Tail pipes: Tag talked about that in an interview. It is all about getting the right sound back to the cabin from what I understood.

Comment

Originally posted by Broken Halo View Post
                            Will the ZO6 have the NPP exhaust option the Stingray's have? Maybe something to do with that?
                            All Z06’s have the identical exhaust. It incorporates all the advantages of the Stingray’s NPP and then adds new ones, i.e., their is no NPP option for either Z06 version for it is standard equipment.

Comment

Originally posted by Jetdriver View Post
                              Man, I love those Z06 wheels! As for Jeremys vid, someone who knows someone please, find out why the outside tail pipes are thicker with drilled holes than the inside ones? Details like this drive me nuts til I find the answer. Maybe the chief engineer for the LT6 or the engineers that built the exhaust could be questioned about this ?

Name:	Screen Shot 2022-01-08 at 10.36.04 AM.png
Views:	848
Size:	1.36 MB
ID:	344859
                              Looks like a flame arrestor to me or a sound modification.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X