tramlining

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jetdriver View Post

Wow, that could have turned out badly! Too bad it took an incident to figure it out but I wonder if an inspection of the tire when new would have shown any defect that would allow a replacement under warranty? I've had a couple of bad tires that blew. One radial split from one bead to the other side, but I could not convince Goodyear that they should replace it. I have the opinion that the so-called warranty/inspection facilities are just staffed with people who automatically reject your claim so the manufacturer won't have to bear the cost of replacement. The guy I talked too claimed I had run over something and the tire was not defective. Utter nonsense.
    I did look at the tires when washing the car and didn't see any abnormalities, but that's through non expert eyes. I did keep the faulty tire until this mess was resolved just in case there was any pushback. The odd thing was Acura did cover everything, no questions asked. But when I asked the service manager at our dealer if Goodyear confirmed the tire was bad, they would not verify that the tire was faulty.

Comment

No run flat and no spare is a very bad combination for road trips. Is that how the car was delivered from the factory?

Comment

Originally posted by jackfrostpdx View Post
        No run flat and no spare is a very bad combination for road trips. Is that how the car was delivered from the factory?
        Yes, the car is delivered with no spare, the Aspec is the only RDX that has no spare according to what I've read. They include a fix-a-flat kit with the Aspec which of course won't work with this kind of failure. I'm not a fan of these temporary fix solutions, not only do they make a mess, they can cause more problems than they are worth.

Comment

I am surprised that the fact that this car uses runflats has been left out of this discussion. BMW enthusiast owners have been ditching their runflats for years because of "tramlining" and a ride quality akin to the solid rubber tires found on little red wagons. I own a 2009 BMW coupe and the first thing I did was to swap out the runflats. What a difference. I just carry a can of slime and a mini compressor in the trunk. Runflats are just plain terrible.

Comment

Originally posted by Ringmaster View Post
            I am surprised that the fact that this car uses runflats has been left out of this discussion. BMW enthusiast owners have been ditching their runflats for years because of "tramlining" and a ride quality akin to the solid rubber tires found on little red wagons. I own a 2009 BMW coupe and the first thing I did was to swap out the runflats. What a difference. I just carry a can of slime and a mini compressor in the trunk. Runflats are just plain terrible.
            The new Michelin Zero Pressure tires are better than the early generation of run-flats. They only use the stiff sidewall on the inside sidewall which helps with ride and tramlining.
            I had both ZP and non-ZP on my C7 and there wasn't much of a difference.
            RKCRLR
            Senior Contributor
            Last edited by RKCRLR; 01-07-2022, 07:04 PM.
            2020 C8 Stingray Convertible - Torch Red - Natural Dipped 3LT - Z51 w/MSRC - Front Lift

Comment

I've heard that one makes an enemy for life when he takes a Slime filled tire to a tire shop for repair.
              Save the wave.

Comment

Originally posted by Ringmaster View Post
                Runflats of 2021 are different animals from runflats of 2009...

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                Working...
                X