Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

2023 Corvette Info Including SR Pricing, SR 2023 Visualizer, 70th Anniversary SR/Z06 Press Release; The C8 Z06 Press Release, Order Guide & Its Visualizer Link

See more
See less

New C8 LPO Accessories Appear To Be Coming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very nice but absolutely way over priced! To many nice options for half the price for the grill guards, Also the scrape guards are crazy high, You can replace a Z51 splitter 4.5 times for the price of the guards. IMO

Comment

Removed unrelated question.
      Last edited by John; 12-28-2021, 08:27 PM. Reason: Off topic; sent private message to poster to answer his question.

Comment

per their website:
        Scrape Armor radiator guard features quick release fasteners. Guard can be quickly removed with a flat head screwdriver for cleaning or track usage if desired.
        GM may still say to remove them for track use.
        2021 Red Mist HTC / Z51 /Mag Ride / Yellow Calipers / C-Flash Mirrors and Wing / Front Lift / Black 3LT / CF Interior Trim / Yellow Belts and Stitching

Atomic Orange C6. Plenty of engine and suspension mods. Gone, but not forgotten

Member, Old Dominion Corvette Club https://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org/

Comment

As do almost all over our vendors say to remove them before track use, for no matter how good they are, as well all know anything in front a factory grille will reduce airflow by some amount.
          Z06 coming late this summer: Hypersonic Gray HTC, two tone blue interior, complete high wing/aero package. CCB’s, with every piece of visible carbon fiber available. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 24 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Originally posted by Broken Halo View Post
            For $400 I would hope that includes installation and not just thrown in the trunk in a plastic bag for the owner to install!
            All LPO options ordered with the car include dealer installation. If you buy them from the parts department, no installation is included.

Comment

Emelia Hartford's latest video showed her and Sandy opening a box w/ a set of SOB grill guards for her C8. Also showed how beat up her condensers were and I doubt that came from following too close.
              Save the wave.

Comment

These are very attractive.

I'm no so certain they will protect the sensitive fins in certain driving locations and small diameter gravel?

Certainly, they better than nothing and will work great in most locations, and look nice!

In Arizona, we have one of the highest glass repair liabilities in the U.S. I plan to purchase some PPF for the windshield.

I am also considering https://www.ezscreenout.com/ as a potential added protection devise. They will be interesting to see how temperatures fluctuate with these in place? They were tested in the South with high humidity and did not have substantial increases in temps.

Latter

Comment

Originally posted by KK87 View Post

I usually don't talk about aftermarket products and the Corvette tax. But here goes -- Scrape Armor sells the Z51 front-splitter guard for $549, but you can get the plastic set of Z51 front-splitter for $150-200 or so. You will need to scratch up 3.5 sets of the Z51 splitter to make up for the price of Scrape Armor...

To quote TheCorvetteMechanic Paul -- everyone wants to sell you something in the Corvette industry, reason it out if you need it first!
                  I almost bought the scrape armor for the 5VM carbon lip when they had a 25% off $500+ advertised on their site. Then I asked them if that coupon could be applied to the grill guards and they killed the coupon, so eff that. Not even considering ordering anything from Scrape Armor....ever.

I even called them about it and their customer service does not even bother to return your call and the receptionist could not answer any questions.
                  Opinions expressed are solely my own and do not express the views or opinions of my employer.

Comment

Originally posted by Murray20c8 View Post

Do you have a link? Nothing in Canada for that part number.
                    I couldn't find anything in the US GM part catalog either. Google scrape Armor if you want to learn more.
                    Last edited by John; 12-29-2021, 08:48 AM. Reason: URL link removed for reason in the following post.

Comment

Sorry, it is probably premature in Canada. the part will only become available sometime during the winter for most.

I removed your link as not only is Scrape Armor not currently a MECF vendor, but we have three excellent vendors who sell grille guards (and at lesser pricing).
                      Z06 coming late this summer: Hypersonic Gray HTC, two tone blue interior, complete high wing/aero package. CCB’s, with every piece of visible carbon fiber available. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 24 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
                        Sorry, it is probably premature in Canada. the part will only become available sometime during the winter for most.

I removed your link as not only is Scrape Armor not currently a MECF vendor, but we have three excellent vendors who sell grille guards (and at lesser pricing).
                        Good stuff. I'm very pleased with my MECF vendors version. I was just curious how they did it and why the price. I'll find out all in good time I'm sure. 👍
                        Murray - Uxbridge, Ontario, Canada
                        2020 Torch red Stingray coupe, Adrenaline red 2LT Q8Q E60 NPP
                        Deposit: July 30/19, 1100: Sept 15/19, 3000: Feb 14/20, TPW WAS May 18, August 24 and lastly July 27,
                        3300: July 15, 3400: July 22, 3800: July 30, 4200: Aug 06, 5000: Aug 7, 6000: Aug 12!

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
                          As do almost all over our vendors say to remove them before track use, for no matter how good they are, as well all know anything in front a factory grille will reduce airflow by some amount.
                          Of course the vendors say that. Just like all engine mods are for off road use.

What makes these interesting is they may actually be easily removed and reinstalled at the track. If they are 2 pieces - mounting brackets and screens - once installed, they may come off and go back in a minute per side, which I believe is different than other products on the market. Drive to the track with them on, remove, race, and replace for the ride home.
                          2021 Red Mist HTC / Z51 /Mag Ride / Yellow Calipers / C-Flash Mirrors and Wing / Front Lift / Black 3LT / CF Interior Trim / Yellow Belts and Stitching

Atomic Orange C6. Plenty of engine and suspension mods. Gone, but not forgotten

Member, Old Dominion Corvette Club https://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org/

Comment

A simple flat bladed screw driver or small plastic pry tool looks like all that would be needed t remove them, then re-inserted by popping in afterwards.

But again how many times is that even going to be needed? My guess is that on cooler spring and fall days, not even for track use other than for truly competitive racing.

Comment

Originally posted by Ragtop 99 View Post
                              ... What makes these interesting is they may actually be easily removed and reinstalled at the track. If they are 2 pieces - mounting brackets and screens - once installed, they may come off and go back in a minute per side, which I believe is different than other products on the market. Drive to the track with them on, remove, race, and replace for the ride home.
                              I see that this newer design incorporates a better or nice custom fit with a simple removal option. I also like that it is an official GM approved radiator guard, although it is somewhat expensive.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Sreens.jpg Views:	0 Size:	477.7 KB ID:	342255

Marc

Comment

This is from Scrape Armor's website: "Our guards feature quick release fasteners for fast removal for cleaning or track usage if desired" Sure, the fasteners might be 'quick release' but what they're neglecting to tell you is you still have to remove the underbody closeout panels to gain access to them....hardly 'fast' removal.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X