Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

2023 Corvette Info Including SR Pricing, SR 2023 Visualizer, 70th Anniversary SR/Z06 Press Release; The C8 Z06 Press Release, Order Guide & Its Visualizer Link

See more
See less

New C8 LPO Accessories Appear To Be Coming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New C8 LPO Accessories Appear To Be Coming

This is a surprise after we earlier saw on video Tadge’s comment that the use of grille guards was not recommended due to reduced airflow/cooling, with your installing them if you had later overheating problems, that could actually effect your C8 warranty. His exact words, taken from the below NCM video are listed below, yet it now appears that at least one set of grille guards could become a GM official LPO accessory option starting on some 2022’s — but when in writing from GM as this is 100% confirmed, we do not yet know. .

Might separately the Scrape Armor splitter guards become another, a second, new LPO official GM accessory option?

Starting with your 2023 Stingray and Z06 orders, could you actually check the box for one or both of them — again while you check off your other new Corvette initial orders when your allocation comes in???

[Quote=Tadge [email protected] Bash from above video]We’re going for maximum cooling. We wanted to make sure the car runs robustly in all weather conditions and also on the track. The DCT transmission operates in a relatively narrow range of temperature. The lube inside the DCT needs to be held to very specific temperature windows – it’s not very tolerant of very high temperatures.” So we are trying to explore to see if there’s anything else we might do that doesn’t, you know, in an undesirable way they reduce the cooling performance.”

Warranty jeopardy mention by Tadge in his response to the Q&A question during that April, 2021 virtual Bash event.

Click image for larger version  Name:	20820932-2CBA-4114-A72C-5BECE94A2089.jpg Views:	0 Size:	358.4 KB ID:	341927

Now today as a quote in CorvetteBlogger, we get a different second chapter to this story.

Originally posted by CorvetteBlogger
    Scrape Armor is providing full front-end protection packages for the school’s entire Corvette fleet. Scrape Armor’s patented skid plates and new C8 radiator guards will help preserve the school’s fleet while providing OEM caliber protection with zero impact on performance.

For the past few months Scrape Armor has been testing their new C8 Radiator Guards at Spring Mountain which have just been approved by GM as an official GM Accessory. Expected to begin shipping in early 2022.
    [Source: CorvetteBlogger email: 12/28.2021]

As the world turns… Guessing that GM’s testing at Spring has alleviated GM’s overheating concerns at least with this one brand.

Z06 coming late this summer: Hypersonic Gray HTC, two tone blue interior, complete high wing/aero package. CCB’s, with every piece of visible carbon fiber available. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 24 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

John, It also appears to have an "Official GM Part Number" 19433251. Nice looking, but fairly expensive for what it is.
    Delivered April 2, 2021, Ordered from MacMulkin - 1YC67, 3LT, G9F, HU3, DTH, E60, Q8Q, R8C, FE4, J6N, Z51, ZYC, ZZ3, VQK, RCC, VJR, SPY, VYW, CAV

Comment

Thank you “hamta” for digging that out. With an official GM part number, that seals the first half of this question.

Will it become a LPO accessory one can order when a new C8 order, matched with an allocation, officially goes in? If so when? Is this another late April Bash official new-for-2023 announcement, or as we’re hoping, shared earlier than that when the 2023 Fleet Order Guide comes out (we are thinking probably in February or early March)?
      Z06 coming late this summer: Hypersonic Gray HTC, two tone blue interior, complete high wing/aero package. CCB’s, with every piece of visible carbon fiber available. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 24 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Originally posted by hamta View Post
        Nice looking, but fairly expensive for what it is.
        $400 for them.

Comment

John, It also appears to have an "Official GM Part Number" 19433251. Nice looking, but fairly expensive for what it is.
          Pricey.. but a good ROI if you consider these are LPO and thus if you have any cooling related issues there won’t be any pushback from GM

Comment

This pretty much proves (to me) that there NEVER was a cooling issue related to these screens which is why this was the very first mod I did to my car. And I did it for less than half the price with great results.

Comment

Originally posted by C8Driving View Post

$400 for them.
              Holy Corvette tax, Batman! Enough miles have been put on aftermarket screens to prove no cooling issues with any of the standard designs.

Glad to have so many options when I order my next C8.

Comment

Originally posted by jackfrostpdx View Post

Holy Corvette tax, Batman! Enough miles have been put on aftermarket screens to prove no cooling issues with any of the standard designs.

Glad to have so many options when I order my next C8.

I usually don't talk about aftermarket products and the Corvette tax. But here goes -- Scrape Armor sells the Z51 front-splitter guard for $549, but you can get the plastic set of Z51 front-splitter for $150-200 or so. You will need to scratch up 3.5 sets of the Z51 splitter to make up for the price of Scrape Armor...

To quote TheCorvetteMechanic Paul -- everyone wants to sell you something in the Corvette industry, reason it out if you need it first!
                Follow me @smurf.vette on Instagram -- https://www.instagram.com/smurf.vette

Comment

Way too expensive! Perhaps the dealers will be able to sell at a lower price, (some will discount parts), but even $300 is too steep for me.

Comment

Do you have a link? Nothing in Canada for that part number.
                    Murray - Uxbridge, Ontario, Canada
                    2020 Torch red Stingray coupe, Adrenaline red 2LT Q8Q E60 NPP
                    Deposit: July 30/19, 1100: Sept 15/19, 3000: Feb 14/20, TPW WAS May 18, August 24 and lastly July 27,
                    3300: July 15, 3400: July 22, 3800: July 30, 4200: Aug 06, 5000: Aug 7, 6000: Aug 12!

Comment

Gm 19433251

Comment

Are GM shock tower covers next!!!!

Comment

The splitter protector is already available when you configure your car. Just did it a few weeks ago.
                          There is a madness to my method!
                          C8 on order Torch/Adrenaline Z51, MSRC, front lift
                          2015 Z06 Torch/adrenaline
                          2001 coupe Torch/oak R8C
                          79 coupe Silver/oyster
                          All one owner
                          Museum lifetime members

Comment

For $400 I would hope that includes installation and not just thrown in the trunk in a plastic bag for the owner to install!

Comment

I should have my car in late January. I first thought I would need this item, however, I read in a Post awhile back that if you do not tailgate other vehicles, it should not be a major issue. This made a lot of sense to me. I do not tailgate in my driving and my current vehicles do not show any traces of stone chips anywhere on the front fascia.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X