C8 Aftermarket exhausts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rrigia View Post
    Is there any aftermarket exhaust that does not cause the "check engine" light to come on? I would like to know of any MECF who installed it, loves its sound, and has not had a single issue afterwards.
    Paragon exhaust. Paragon also sells the AWE exhausts. That’s what I chose.

You can use the brackets for the motors for the valves but I wanted nothing of that as it is sensitive to even the smallest variation and will cause CEL. So I bought the valve simulators from Paragon Performance too. Those are simply just plugs for the wiring that will not create CELs. call Paragon.
    Top Off Action
    Sr. Contributor
    Last edited by Top Off Action; 01-03-2022, 02:46 PM.
    Coupe, 1LT, Rapid Blue, orange seat belts and black interior. ETA Late 2021.

First mods: tinted windows, orange DIY stitching, orange 12 o clock stripe on steering wheel, orange EL-wire in the cabin, orange engine cover, orange painted grille protectors and orange led light in engine bay✌️😎

Comment

Originally posted by Top Off Action View Post

Paragon exhaust. Paragon also sells the AWE exhausts. That’s what I chose.

You can use the brackets for the motors for the valves but I wanted nothing of that as it is sensitive to even the smallest variation and will cause CEL. So I bought the valve simulators from Paragon Performance too. Those are simply just plugs for the wiring that will not create CELs. call Paragon.
      This is what I am doing, only I went with the Paragon touring. I have read that the simulators work well with preventing a cel.

When I ordered mine Paragon did not sell the AFM simulators separately, they sold the AFM and NPP as a package. I only needed the AFM so I bought mine from Cicio but it sounds like Paragon is selling the simulators separately now?

Comment

Our Simulators on our exhaust will not throw and CEL's. Easy plug and play install.
        Paragon Performance
        https://www.paragonperf.com/

Complete source for C8 Parts. Lowering kits, wheels, exhausts and more.

Comment

Originally posted by TurtleTim View Post

This is what I am doing, only I went with the Paragon touring. I have read that the simulators work well with preventing a cel.

When I ordered mine Paragon did not sell the AFM simulators separately, they sold the AFM and NPP as a package. I only needed the AFM so I bought mine from Cicio but it sounds like Paragon is selling the simulators separately now?
          Yeah, seperately. I also only needed for AFM. My AWE track exhaust has brackets for the motors but I wanted nothing of that extra work and risk of CEL
          Coupe, 1LT, Rapid Blue, orange seat belts and black interior. ETA Late 2021.

First mods: tinted windows, orange DIY stitching, orange 12 o clock stripe on steering wheel, orange EL-wire in the cabin, orange engine cover, orange painted grille protectors and orange led light in engine bay✌️😎

Comment

I went with the Paragon Touring Exhaust (Cat Back Exhust). My Chevy Dealership (Criswell) installed it for $900. They also added the two extra quarts of DCT fluid as well for free. Paragon, and others, sell the AFM plug-in module so you do not get the CEL. I did not get that, because when Criswell installed it, they did a re-learn on ECM so there would not be any CEL. So if I think about it, between saving money on the AFM module, and the free DCT fluid add, I really only paid a couple hundred bucks to have it installed. Can't beat that.

Below is a video. This has been posted other places on this forum, but I'll report anyways.

Delivered 6/30/21: The Red Demon 2021 3LT Red Mist HTC.
            Jet Black Interior w/Red Stitching and Carbon Fiber Interior Trim. Carbon Flash Roof, Nacelles and Mirrors. Front Lift. Spectra Gray Trident Wheels w/Edge Red Calipers. Chrome Exterior Badge Package. Midnight Silver with CF accent fender hash marks.
            AGM Carbon Fiber 5VM package, High Wing Spoiler, Rear Diffuser, Engine Vents, Mirror Caps, Front Grill Inserts, and Door Boomerangs.

Comment

Originally posted by My1stVette View Post
              Thanks...I fished around on the 'net and found some interesting options. I do like that Souful tech, pricey as it is--it seems to be one of the better choices. Not so sure I'd go with the CF airbox though.

Glad it worked out for you!
              You do get a midenginecorvetteforum discount too. Just ask the rep about it and they will send you a personal quote.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
              Working...
              X