Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

C8 At NCM 25th Anniversary Celebration At End of August’s National Corvette Caravan

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • John
    co-founder/admin
    • Jun 2018
    • PNW

C8 At NCM 25th Anniversary Celebration At End of August’s National Corvette Caravan

Thanks NCM’s Marketing Manager Katie Frassinelli, we just got confirmation today that there will be a C8 at 25th Anniversary event at the end of the Caravan. Pop-up display with at least one C8, some interior components (e.g., seats), perhaps other C8 parts on display. Corvette staff to be present at that display to answer questions. There will be a place to “build your C8” on line.

Click image for larger version

Name:	70EF6305-CCB1-457B-9FA4-3DF208FBCEAC.jpeg
Views:	2202
Size:	352.4 KB
ID:	34089

However BGA plant tours are not yet projected to be available — but maybe???
    2023 Z06: Elkhart Lake Blue, 2-tone blue interior, HTC, Standard Z06 with Z07 aero pkg, CCB’s, 3LZ, E60, every visible carbon fiber option including wheels, & Jake Design Pkg. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 25 year NCM members. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.
  • Frenzy36
    ZORA Patron, Founder & Sr. Contributor
    • Jul 2018
    • Rocket City - Florida

Last edited by Frenzy36; 04-28-2019, 01:24 PM.
    Rocket City Florida - 2013 427 Vert - 2015 ZO6 - 2020 Stingray

Comment

• JB
      Senior Contributing Member & Patron
      • Jul 2018

If you took a guess does this mean corvettes of carlisle on 8/22 to 8/25/19 wont have a c8 ?

i admire your dedication to get to bowling green.

thanks for posting up.

Comment

• brad66
        Executive Moderator, ZORA Patron & Forum Founder
        • Jul 2018
        • Pace, FL

The Carlisle question was asked in the Chevy Team's presentation and they said that since it was after the reveal that they would likely have one or more there.

Comment

• meyerweb
          Special 2022 Contributor, Founding Member & Patron
          • Jul 2018
          • Northern Virginia

Looks like I picked the perfect year for my first Corvette Caravan!
          Delivered 5/29/2021!: Scarlet Fever 2021 2LT HTC, Red Mist Metallic Tintcoat, two-tone Natural w/ suede inserts, Mag Ride, Performance Exhaust, MRR 755 Gunmetal wheels, Carbon Flash splitter and side skirts, magnetic engine cover mod & custom painted engine cover, AMT door sills, Soler throttle controller, SmartTop HTC controller
          >22,000 miles
          Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club: https://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org/

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

• ltomn
            ZORA Patron, Founding Member & Sr. Contribututor
            • Jul 2018
            • Florida

One would think that after the reveal the car will appear in several noteworthy spots. I would have to think GM would have a display at Classic Car Week in Monterrey Peninsula in August. That is the Concourse d'elegance and The Quail along with the Historical at Laguna Seca. This is a Mecca of mid engine manufacturers on the west coast, one of the largest if not the largest market for Corvette.
            Last edited by ltomn; 04-29-2019, 07:59 AM. Reason: Clarity
            ZORA patron, Forum Founding Member, Senior Contributor, proud owner of a late 2023 Z06! I go to races to watch Corvettes!

Comment

• capevettes
              Senior Contributor
              • Oct 2018
              • Cape Cod, Mass.

Originally posted by brad66
              The Carlisle question was asked in the Chevy Team's presentation and they said that since it was after the reveal that they would likely have one or more there.
              That is very good news. Looking forward to finally seeing one without camo.

Comment

• MikeC8
                Senior Contributor
                • Aug 2018
                • Atlanta area

Originally posted by ltomn
                One would think that after the reveal the car will appear in several noteworthy spots. I would have to think GM would have a display at Classic Car Week in Monterrey Peninsula in August. That is the Concourse d'elegance and The Quail along with the Historical at Laguna Seca. This is a Mecca of mid engine manufacturers on the west coast, one of the largest if not the largest market for Corvette.
                Monterey is beautiful in August. Perfect location and Pacific Grove is my favorite place to rent a home. Get away from hotlanta weather. 👍🏻
                2023 HTC. Black/ black …. Delivery date.4/24/23 🤛

Comment

• golden boy
                  Contributing Member
                  • Jul 2018

John I thought I would have my C 8 by October, what do you think John

Comment

• WWR
                    Sr. Contributor
                    • Jul 2018
                    • NC

Same here golden boy. When the C7 was finally revealed and orders were taken how long did it take to get the car? I guess it all depends on allocation to the dealer. If KERBECK is the biggest and sells the most I "reckon" they'll get'em first.

Comment

• WWR
                      Sr. Contributor
                      • Jul 2018
                      • NC

Originally posted by golden boy
                      I thought the "rumor" was order in the fall.

Comment

• John
                        co-founder/admin
                        • Jun 2018
                        • PNW

Originally posted by golden boy
                        I had to bear the bearer of bad but realistic news, but even with it being +99% be formally accepted for production the very first consensus (assuming it does not have any constrained items), I am expecting mine to be leave the factory some during January — for we all need to remember the expected one month quality control hold on BGA property once the initial cars are completed.

Let’s recant the steps. First C7 production will continue into late summer. Then the Plant will be shut down for roughly two months for re-tooling. Next, the molasses-slow ramp of C8i’s will start (it started during the C7 era at a rate around one C7 per hour), then 2x/hour, etc. Then the aforementioned one month QC hold.

I can say with 100% certainty, that to expect any customer to receive their car (even if it is Rick Hendrick) prior to calendar year 2020 is to set oneself up for major disappointment.

Sorry. Wish it were otherwise.
                        2023 Z06: Elkhart Lake Blue, 2-tone blue interior, HTC, Standard Z06 with Z07 aero pkg, CCB’s, 3LZ, E60, every visible carbon fiber option including wheels, & Jake Design Pkg. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 25 year NCM members. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

• John
                          co-founder/admin
                          • Jun 2018
                          • PNW

Originally posted by WWR

I thought the "rumor" was order in the fall.
                          Re ordering time, I have heard that rumor, and would not personally be surprised it is as early as mid-September, or as late as the end of October.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                          Working...