Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 4 < >

CORVETTE TODAY - Kevin Mackay Talks About The Cunningham Corvette & Bringing It Back To Life

In 1960, Briggs Cunningham took 3 Corvettes to France to race at Le Mans. After that race, the cars were brought back to the United States, put back to original and sold to consumers. The #3 car was recovered about put back to the way it was when it raced in 1960 at Le Mans and is owned by a private owner. https://youtu.be/_g_9Eah8pS8; https://podcasts.adorilabs.com/corve...FbtXiohpLYxLCh The car is owned by Bruce Meyers of the Peterson Automotive Museum in Los Angeles. But what happened to the car? After a long legal battle, Kevin Mackay from Corvette Repair in Long Island, New York, has been putting this historic Corvette back to it's original 1960 livery for the past year (after it was purchased by Briggs Cunningham's family at auction). Kevin comes back on CORVETTE TODAY to tell the story of the Cunningham Corvette and to tell you when and where you can see this car...with its two siblings! If you love the history of Corvette and its racing past, DO NOT MISS this episode of CORVETTE TODAY. www.CorvetteToday.com
2 of 4 < >

Corvette Brand Manager, Harlan Charles Talks Everything E-Ray

Corvette Marketing & Brand Manager, Harlan Charles returns to CORVETTE TODAY with your host, Steve Garrett, to talk about the new 2024 Corvette E-Ray. https://youtu.be/3u0WMcgtnWI ; https://podcasts.adorilabs.com/corve...GToHlBAjuBPZxz. Harlan gives us an extensive overview is this revolutionary new Corvette and give us insight never heard before about the upcoming E-Ray. www.CorvetteToday.com
3 of 4 < >

Corvette Today News & Headlines: Late January, 2023

With the announcement of the 2024 Corvette E-Ray, your CORVETTE TODAY host Steve Garrett, and Keith Cornett from CorvetteBlogger have a lot to tell you about !!! https://youtu.be/734VgDupTBI; https://podcasts.adorilabs.com/corve...UAAEX2obMOXMml
Plus, we get a possible glimpse into the Corvette future with Manny Katakis from Muscle Cars & Truck with what the C9 Corvette could look like. Besides the E-Ray, here are some of the other stories Steve and Keith will discuss....
1. Corvette beats the Porsche 911 as Consumer Reports most satisfying car to own.
2. GM delivers over 9,000 Corvettes in the 4th quarter of 2022
3. Corvette Racing debuts the GT3.R on January 27th at the Rolex 24
4. The Mecum Auction at Kissimmee sells the very first Corvette Sting Ray
5. The National Corvette Museum hosts exhibits to celebrate 70 years of Corvette
All the Corvette E-Ray news you want and need plus much more on next week's CORVETTE TODAY News & Headlines show!
Listen to the podcast, watch the YouTube video, join the Facebook group, sign up for email notifications and shop in the Merchandise Store at: www.CorvetteToday.com
4 of 4 < >

2023 Corvette Info Including E-Ray, SR & Z06 Pricing, SR & Z06 Visualizers, 70th Anniversary Info, Press Releases for SR & Z06 & Their Build & Price, Order Guides & Visualizers

E-Ray Visualizer: https://visualizer.chevrolet.com/ui?...US&channel=b2c
Official E-Ray Press Release: https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...-press-release
Official GM E-Ray Pictures: https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...and-visualizer
+ 25 KEY E-Ray Components/Factors: https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...rs-information
E-Ray Leaked Info/Visualizer: https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...tte-e-ray-leak
Z51 & Z06 GM Track Specs: https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...ecommendations
Z06 BUILD & PRICE: https://www.chevrolet.com/performanc...d-price/config
Z06 Order Guide: https://www.gmfleetorderguide.com/NA...D=22412&type=0
Z06 Pricing Spreadsheet: https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...9Chvp%E2%80%9D
Z06 MSRP and Options Pricing: https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...freight-charge
2023 SR Build & Price: https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...up-and-running
*2023 SR & Z06 Official Owners Manual: https://www.corvetteblogger.com/docs...ersManual.pdf; and,
https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...owner-s-manual
* 2023 GM Bash Major Seminar with HQ video: https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...ore-bash-video
*2023 Stingray Visualizer: https://visualizer.chevrolet.com/ui?...US&channel=b2c
* COPMPLETE 2023 STINGRAY PRICING: https://www.corvetteactioncenter.com...ion-Center.pdf
*2023 Stingray (ONLY Order Guide: https://www.gmfleetorderguide.com/NA...D=22412&type=0
*70th Anniversary Combined Press Release For SR & Z06: https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...iversary-model
*Z06 Press Release: https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...-press-release
*Z06 Reveal Pictures: https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...eveal-pictures
*Z06 Visualizer: https://visualizer.chevrolet.com/ui?...US&channel=b2c
Order Guide (unofficial): https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...-action-center
*Z06 vs Z07 Aero Components: https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...s-similarities
See more
See less

Your first MOD?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Your first MOD?

    Beside getting a tint or some cosmetic mod, what would your first MOD on the list?

    Mine would be a less restricted Exhaust to open her up.

  • #2
    Thats what I'm talking about - cut some holes through the rear deck and have some chromed boat pipes firing straight out the back.
    Rocket City Florida - 2013 427 Vert - 2015 ZO6 - 2020 Stingray

    Comment


    • #3
      Driver mod. Back to Spring Mountain for some track time with a mid engine. Enjoyed the C7 Z06 2 day out there and will return to get this driver more acclimated to this configuration.

      Comment


      • #4
        I don't know if these count as mods.

        One, plug in a DFM suppression range device in the OBD2, and second, hard wire the most current Valentine One radar/laser detector.
        2022 HTC 2LT Z51
        Front lift, mag ride
        black exterior, adrenaline red interior, bright red calipers

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Frenzy36 View Post
          Thats what I'm talking about - cut some holes through the rear deck and have some chromed boat pipes firing straight out the back.
          You think like I Do, and that is scary.
          3LT Long Beach Red , Z51, FE4 , ZZ3, Black interior ,38S red stitching, Q8T, FA5, ER1, CFX, and R8C

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Milliwatt Rob View Post
            ...hard wire the most current Valentine One radar/laser detector.
            I've been wondering about the viability of radar detectors these days, given that most modern vehicles emit radio signals (adaptive cruise control, anti-collision systems, blind spot monitoring systems, etc.) in the same frequency bands as radar guns and false signals are so common... Detectors seem to be going off constantly with false alarms due to surrounding vehicle radar systems...

            My first mods will be:
            • Splash guards
            • Radar Detector (maybe)
            • Ceramic coat the wheels
            • Catch Can
            Last edited by Mobius; 04-23-2019, 08:44 AM.
            My C8:
            '20 Elkhart Lake Blue 2LT Coupe, Natural Interior, GT2 Two-Tone Seats, Performance Exhaust, Front Lift, Carbon Flash Wheels, Engine Appearance Package 2000 Status December 27, 2019; 3000 Status January 2, 2020; 3400 Status March 10, 2020;TPW March 16, 2020; Built June 4th, 2020 (COVID-19); Delivery July 1, 2020

            Current Vettes:
            '68 Lemans Blue 327/350 Convertible
            '91 Turquoise Convertible with Hardtop
            '14 Lime Rock Green 2LT Convertible, Black Top, Kalahari, 7-Speed, Performance Exhaust

            Comment


            • #7
              Lowering and getting an alignment. Clear film after paint cleaning the first week of ownership. Since it’s under warranty and new I will keep it as is other than cosmetics.
              Last edited by Fasttoys; 04-24-2019, 10:29 AM.

              Comment


              • #8
                First thing I would get would be clear protective film on at least the front end and most likely on the side air intakes.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Fireeagle View Post
                  First thing I would get would be clear protective film on at least the front end and most likely on the side air intakes.
                  When I had mine done, it was done by Mac Mulkin's contractor, even before i took delivery. I figured if I used their contractor, mine would not be the first C7 he ever did.

                  2022 HTC 2LT Z51
                  Front lift, mag ride
                  black exterior, adrenaline red interior, bright red calipers

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I'm really not into the 'after market' stuff. I was into 'personalization' back when I was a kid but now I leave the designing and engineering up to the professionals at GM. My philosophy for the past couple of decades had been, order it the way you want it and just drive and enjoy it....

                    I guess I've seen too many guys spend big bucks of 'personalizing' their cars and then taking a major hit when they trade / sell it.
                    2020 HTC Torch Red with lots of goodies. Built in September. Museum Delivered in October......

                    Other toys in the garage: Ferrari California, BMW i8 Roadster, Bentley Flying Spur, Chevy SSr

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by tooold2race View Post
                      I'm really not into the 'after market' stuff. I was into 'personalization' back when I was a kid but now I leave the designing and engineering up to the professionals at GM. My philosophy for the past couple of decades had been, order it the way you want it and just drive and enjoy it....

                      I guess I've seen too many guys spend big bucks of 'personalizing' their cars and then taking a major hit when they trade / sell it.
                      If you do factory order, I agree 100%. It's too nice of a car for going crazy with some of the after market stuff, but little touches to make it your own should not detract from the value for a trade. Anyone buying used can and should make changes to make it as if they had done factory order. I personally enjoy the negotiations process with the sales person on a lot vehicle and then make the changes I would have spec'd on a factory order. The thing to remember is that you bought it to enjoy so make it your own. It's gonna depreciate anyway but if you're smart, don't go crazy that it would further reduce the value by your pink flamingos painted on the side doors.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Best mod...driver skill...lol

                        sorry but these cars are so amazing out of the factory....

                        what Ive learned over the years and try and my best to remember the one crucial missing link........hehhe is my need to increase my driver skill level as being the most effective mod ...not to mention the most fun..

                        i say driver events amd experiences ...thats the smartest mod...

                        those are the most lasting and cherished mods.

                        from a material standpoint and not to be a smart @$$...sorry guys....i think a aftermarket replacement small lip spoiler incase that travesty of a rear wing we have seen on some of the camouflaged z51 models actually makes it to production ...

                        hopefully the horrible melted huge wing thing we saw on a few of the prototypes are not forced upon us...but i think z51 fe4 is a key option for me....but the huge melted wing thing if a reality would have to be replaced rather quickly...

                        but I dont think gm will make the wing that horrible looking ....so then it would be no mods for me for at least the first year?

                        over the years Ive found staying close to stock is not such a terrible thing as far as the cars go...

                        since John is travelling 2500 miles to bowling green today....I think I can get away with this ......

                        meanwhile modifying bolt ons for our ladies is never a bad idea.......(just kidding)



                        Last edited by JB; 04-23-2019, 12:21 PM.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Agreed. The stock C8's limits will be far beyond my abilities to exploit as a driver. For the majority of C8 buyers HPDE is the mod the C8 will need most.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Alignment in my shop off of the cars centerline. Corner weights. This will correct factory alignment “tolerance” values. Then we have a base line to start from. GM engineers are pretty sharp, and we expect the car will have all the right stuff. Just maybe a few tricks we can add, cost no object.
                            Anyway, base line it and go from there. Make it handle with perfect balance and have adjustability for various conditions, then and only then, would we consider more horsepower.
                            3LT Long Beach Red , Z51, FE4 , ZZ3, Black interior ,38S red stitching, Q8T, FA5, ER1, CFX, and R8C

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by JB View Post
                              Best mod...driver skill...lol

                              sorry but these cars are so amazing out of the factory....

                              what Ive learned over the years and try and my best to remember the one crucial missing link........hehhe is my need to increase my driver skill level as being the most effective mod ...not to mention the most fun..

                              i say driver events amd experiences ...thats the smartest mod...

                              those are the most lasting and cherished mods.

                              from a material standpoint and not to be a smart @$$...sorry guys....i think a aftermarket replacement small lip spoiler incase that travesty of a rear wing we have seen on some of the camouflaged z51 models actually makes it to production ...

                              hopefully the horrible melted huge wing thing we saw on a few of the prototypes are not forced upon us...but i think z51 fe4 is a key option for me....but the huge melted wing thing if a reality would have to be replaced rather quickly...

                              but I dont think gm will make the wing that horrible looking ....so then it would be no mods for me for at least the first year?

                              over the years Ive found staying close to stock is not such a terrible thing as far as the cars go...

                              since John is travelling 2500 miles to bowling green today....I think I can get away with this ......

                              meanwhile modifying bolt ons for our ladies is never a bad idea.......(just kidding)


                              Your lady has “bolt ons “?
                              3LT Long Beach Red , Z51, FE4 , ZZ3, Black interior ,38S red stitching, Q8T, FA5, ER1, CFX, and R8C

                              Comment

                              MECF_728x90_bottom

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X