Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Would you drive a Z07 package cross country/long distance?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would you drive a Z07 package cross country/long distance?

I'm number 13, 18, and 34 on high allocation Vette dealers in MI, MD, and NH. Meaning I expect to take delivery in 2022, hopefully earlier than the rumored Sept delivery dates. I'm probably going to get my Z06 with the Z07 package as my primary purpose for buying this car is for the track.

I drove my C7 home from Bowling Green seven years ago, (And ran over a dead fawn on the way, luckily no damage!) and plan to drive my Z06/Z07 home from one of these three locations. However due to the really low splitter on the Z07, I'm thinking the risk of damage on a possibly 3,500 mile drive back to Washington State is not insignificant.

Anyone else planning on driving a Z06/Z07 home long distance? Shipping is of course the only other option, either to me, or to a local dealer.
    C7 Track Dedicated Z51
    Rollbar, tow hook, Z06 grill, short throw shifter, upgraded rotors/pads/wheels/tires, dashcam.
    2018 Honda Goldwing
    2018 Suzuki V-Strom
    Track Day Addict, Latin America Adventure Biker, and Medicare Recipient.

Really? Well, you could if the weather cooperates, although if you have to cross some mountains it might get dicey. Even in summer it can be mighty cold up there, and the Cup2 tires won’t like that. I don’t think the splitter is that big a problem.

You probably will be looking at new tires at the end of the trip.

But really, if you are getting the track, track, pack Z07, (yes, that was intentional) , I’d really consider courtesy deliver or ship it. Most of that drive will be boring as heck.

Or, plan a one lap type trip, where you set up track days as you go.. that’ll be expensive, but memorable…

happy thanksgiving…

Comment

The splitter on the Z07 is no closer to the ground than on other C8 splitters. I am planning right now to drive from BG (R8C delivery) the long way home at least 2,750 miles to Oregon on its Cup2 R’s.

One thing I will have done, and already made arraignments for this, is to have AutoArmor at NCM’s Motorsports Park do a complete paint correction, paint protection, window tint, nano-ceramic, etc before we start my drive home.

I am not concerned about the weather. . One is that we will be getting out in the summer; two there are four routes home; third if the worst were to come to pass, we would stick it out at a motel another few hours or another day; or fourth, we would take a route “detour” to get avoid a tornado, hail storm, monster rain storm, etc.

Life is an adventure and we will adjust as is needed to have our car and us get home safely.
      GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Originally posted by richardsperry View Post

You probably will be looking at new tires at the end of the trip.
        Are you saying the tires are only good for 3500 miles?

Comment

If I got a new Z06 Z07, with cup2 tires? Yeah, probably..lol

Comment

Driving a car with a Z07 suspension all day long for 4 or 5 days to cover 3500 miles may be challenging to the spine.

Comment

Originally posted by richardsperry View Post

Or, plan a one lap type trip, where you set up track days as you go.. that’ll be expensive, but memorable…
              Not sure about the Z06, but my C7 required 1500 miles before I could track it according to the manual. Planning a "track trip" would require bringing brake pads, maybe a jack, some basic tools, etc. Not to mention tearing up a new set of tires during trip home. :-).
              Best pads I've ever used are Raybestos ST-43s regarding durability- five track days. Others like Carbotech less. Not to mention the non tracking part of the trip.
              Now if I brought a trailer..........Hmmmmm
              C7 Track Dedicated Z51
              Rollbar, tow hook, Z06 grill, short throw shifter, upgraded rotors/pads/wheels/tires, dashcam.
              2018 Honda Goldwing
              2018 Suzuki V-Strom

Comment

I probably would buy or rent an enclosed car trailer and save your Cup 2's for the track in the process.

Off topic, I have relatives on Fox Island, it's a very nice area with some good twisty roads👍

Comment

Not just Cup2’s but Cup2R’s!!!!
                  GD0 Accelerate Yellow Metallic; 3LT; HUE Natural Napa Leather; AE4 Competition Sport Seats; FA5 CF Interior Trim; Z51; FE4 Mag Ride Suspension; E60 Front Lift; Q8Q CF Open Spoke Wheels; J6F BR Brembo Calipers; RCC ER Intake Cover; DTH CF Racing Stripes; ZZ3 Engine App Package; VQK Splash Guards; ERI Battery Protection; R8C Museum Delivery

Proud LTM NCM.

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
                    The splitter on the Z07 is no closer to the ground than on other C8 splitters. I am planning right now to drive from BG (R8C delivery) the long way home at least 2,750 miles to Oregon on its Cup2 R’s.

One thing I will have done, and already made arraignments for this, is to have AutoArmor at NCM’s Motorsports Park do a complete paint correction, paint protection, window tint, nano-ceramic, etc before we start my drive home.

I am not concerned about the weather. . One is that we will be getting out in the summer; two there are four routes home; third if the worst were to come to pass, we would stick it out at a motel another few hours or another day; or fourth, we would take a route “detour” to get avoid a tornado, hail storm, monster rain storm, etc.

Life is an adventure and we will adjust as is needed to have our car and us get home safely.
                    Great info about NCM. I don’t see anything on their website. How would I go about arranging that as well? I plan on driving from BG to Texas but rather have a paint protection in place before I do. I’ll get my 500 miles of break in and 250 miles of real fun.

Comment

I thought paint correction was for older cars with compromised paint?
                      C7 Track Dedicated Z51
                      2018 Honda Goldwing
                      2018 Suzuki V-Strom

Comment

Yes it is, but for those of us who are OCD, they will be doing the slightest bit of fine polishing to get it to perfection before the XPEL is applied.
                        GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Originally posted by ME71819 View Post

Great info about NCM. I don’t see anything on their website. How would I go about arranging that as well? I plan on driving from BG to Texas but rather have a paint protection in place before I do. I’ll get my 500 miles of break in and 250 miles of real fun.
                          Contact owner Kat @ (615) 553-4015. Please tell her you are a MECF member and that I referred you. BTW, there is a discount if you are a NCM member doing Museum Delivery, a much bigger one if you are a NCM Lifetime member so NCM membership is somethiing you wish to have in place before you work out the details with AutoArmor.

Comment

Contact owner Kat @ (615) 553-4015. Please tell her you are a MECF member and that I referred you. BTW, there is a discount if you are a NCM member doing Museum Delivery, a much bigger one if you are a NCM Lifetime member so NCM membership is somethiing you wish to have in place before you work out the details with AutoArmor.
                            appreciate it John.

Comment

It might be a terrible idea, but I was planning the same thing. I'm in WA. Just don't take the major highways until you are a few states away and have some good heat cycles in the engine/trans. I should get mine the first 6 months, knock on wood. Cool there's a place to get PPF, that will make it easier to go for NCM delivery, instead of NH.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X