Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Starting to worry, is the lift necessary?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Starting to worry, is the lift necessary?

My car just went status 4200 a couple days ago, my concern is that it wasn't ordered with the front end lift option. It's a HTC, Lt3, with both Z51 packages and a free other upgrades. I plan on driving it until my number for the Z06 gets called. My question is two part:. If you have a car without it are you scraping going over standard speed humps, and two will not having it hurt my resale value when the time comes for us to part. I'm estimating late 2024.

Not to worry unless you are at speed crashing over them. One of the very best tricks and I did this successfully with my lowered C7 Z06 was to go over them at slow speeds and at a 45 degree angle. Never one of the bumps impacted my extended, carbon fiber front spitter.

As to resale, I very much doubt it unless the buyer has a very steep driveway apron. But there is such demand and will be such demand for all C8’s for many years, there will be ten more buyers if the first one backs off because she/he is a buyer who truly needs front lift.

Enjoy your C8. We hope it gets to you real soon.
    GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Happy Thanksgiving John and thank you for reply. I see that your in the PNW. I live in Olympia myself.

Comment

The only reason I ordered it was my C6 always scraped my driveway no matter what angle I approached at. My friends C7 also scraped so I figured why not add the option. My car gets built Tuesday and this is one option I figured I should get. You can probably get by without it like John mentioned by altering your approach. That would not work for me. Either way enjoy your car when ya get it.

Comment

I've got it on mine, but as John mentioned, if you approach at an angle where the tire gets to it before the bulk of the front end you'll most likely be fine. The car has more ground clearance than I expected.
          2LT Coupe, Z51, Elkhart Lake Blue, GT2 seats, Edge Red Calipers and engine cover, Mag Ride, Front Lift, High Wing spoiler, R8C, American Hydrocarbon 5VM kit, museum delivery.

2000 status 5/1, 3000 on 5/4, 3300 on 8/4, 3400 on 8/11, #18 off the line on 8/23, delivered 9/10.

Well worth the wait, the car is amazing!

Comment

As I live on an unpaved dead end road 1.25 miles from our paved roads, I am ordering it to give me additional clearance for the entire 1.25 miles.

Comment

My C6 scrapes every time I take it up and down my driveway. I always come in at a 45 degree angle but that plastic air dam simply hangs super low. I have the lift on my C8 and it’s programmed to go up and down for my driveway as well as other locations that involve big road dips or bumps. I also have it programmed to go up and down at all of the speed bumps in my office’s parking garage. To be honest it’s probably not needed for normal speed bumps. I really think that my C8 has better ground clearance then my C6. For me however it was worth the cost to never hear any potential scraping.

Comment

There are several restaurant approaches that I use mine at. I have 5 memories set, and it is a must in those spots.
                Rapid Blue 3LT, HTO Tension Blue, Z51, 5ZZ, E60, ZZ3, ZYC, FE4, J6N, FA5, Q8Q, SHW, VJR, C2Q, R8C

Comment

Originally posted by Dnjsdad View Post
                  My car just went status 4200 a couple days ago, my concern is that it wasn't ordered with the front end lift option. It's a HTC, Lt3, with both Z51 packages and a free other upgrades. I plan on driving it until my number for the Z06 gets called. My question is two part:. If you have a car without it are you scraping going over standard speed humps, and two will not having it hurt my resale value when the time comes for us to part. I'm estimating late 2024.
                  I don't have front lift and have never scraped on speed bumps or in my driveway, which has a fairly decent incline. Totally unnecessary IMO unless you're going to be driving in some extreme conditions.

Comment

We could not get in and out of our current driveway once without it. Extreme conditions? Yes? Daily condition? Yes.

The extra extended Z06 splitter (on every C8 Z07 and every standard Z06 for which one has chosen the aero package) is going to test locations which heretofore did not need from lift. Check that, not just test it but the splitter would become mincemeat in some. And one splitter replacement is going to equal the cost of the front lift option forever. I know someone who broke three splitters on his C7. But for the regular Corvette, it is truly going to be extreme conditions — with 95% needing the front lift not at all.

There are often workarounds, the “go slow and approach at 45 degrees” being the most used and most successful and zero cost that will work in most cases. But not all. I could not get my Corvette into the only Chevron gas station in the town we used to live (no Texaco, Shell or other top ones in that town). And my wife and I would sometimes have this conversation about which restaurant to go. “Honey, do you want to go to Elegant Restaurant tonight, for if we do we’ve go to leave the Corvette at home, take the SUV.”

But if you live a flat area you can drive 100,000 miles in your C8 and never need front lift once.

As they say, your circumstances will vary…
                    GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Originally posted by Dnjsdad View Post
                      My car just went status 4200 a couple days ago, my concern is that it wasn't ordered with the front end lift option.
                      Don't have it on my C8 and at close to 9,000 miles have never had a need for it. Of course never had it on my C7 for six years since it wasn't available and I only bottomed out once on a bump in a parking lot that I didn't notice. No damage. Probably would have happened even if I had front lift. Terrain around here is relatively flat.

As far as resale at least for me it would be an item I wouldn't want to pay for so that issue could go both ways depending on the buyer. Relax and fuggedaboutit. At 4200 nothing you can do anyway. You're gonna love your C8!
                      Last edited by Boomer; 11-25-2021, 05:13 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

I have it on my 3LT Z51 and I've used it twice in 1500 miles. The roads around me are pretty flat and the place that I use it is a steeper driveway to a doughnut shop I frequent. Yep, a doughnut shop... What can I say, they're awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by pksjc View Post
                          I have it on my 3LT Z51 and I've used it twice in 1500 miles. The roads around me are pretty flat and the place that I use it is a steeper driveway to a doughnut shop I frequent. Yep, a doughnut shop... What can I say, they're awesome.
                          Bet you got that donut shop programed in on your C8's "smart lift nose".
                          Last edited by Boomer; 11-25-2021, 05:00 PM.

Comment

I got it because my driveway is fairly steep. But I don't think I have used it anywhere else and I live in a reasonably hilly area in TN.

Comment

My C6 z51 used to scrape all the time and I used to come down to 2 or 3 mph to get over a local 10 mph speed table. Three of them in fact.

11k miles on my z51 2020 Corvette without the lift and I can fly over the 10 mph speed table with ease.

I haven't scraped the front ever on.my Corvette 2020 z51.

Such a non issue I'm not ordered E60 on my upcoming Z06 either.

I just didn't need and I don't expect to need it on my 2024 Z06 either.

The approach angle on the Corvette z51 without front lift is 9.8 and the Z06 drops to 9.2.

Don't sweat it. I live and drive around the NY metro area and my corvette.is my daily driver .

I've.put 250 k miles on my four new Corvettes over the past 20 years.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X