Seat Memory (Again)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seat Memory (Again)

Hello! New to the forum and new to Corvettes. Just picked up a 2021 C8 second hand yesterday. Coming from a 991.1 2CS. Absolutely loving the car. Really quite amazing piece of machinery.

I’ve googled around and played around for hours and I’m quite convinced my seat memory feature is just broken but perhaps someone on here has a magic fix? Here’s my problem:

1. Memory buttons beep, dash says “Press Button 1 or Exit to Save Settings”.
    2. I hear two beeps when I press 1, 2 or exit right after set.
    3. Holding 1, 2, or exit has zero effect. No noise and seats don’t move.
    4. Seat entry/exit are on in settings.
    5. Driver side and passenger side behave the same.
    6. I tried messing with the seat not being all the way back but I’m short so it wasn’t anyway.
    7. Nothing moves when I get in/out nor start/stop the car.
    8. Only time the seat moves is when I push the slider buttons for manual positioning.
    9. The driver side works different from passenger in that the manual controls seem to work in increments. Holding the slider in any direction only moves about a half an inch and then the seat stops. Not sure if that is normal.

Any advice, hints, tips or tricks would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Sounds like a trip to the dealer is in order, for warranty work. The only items you describe that are normal are 2 and 3. On #9, the seat should continue to move as long as you hold the controls on the seat, for both passenger and driver.
    Delivered 5/29!: Scarlet Fever 2021 2LT HTC, Red Mist Metallic Tintcoat, two-tone Natural w/ suede inserts, Mag Ride, Performance Exhaust

Gone but not forgotten: SunKissed, 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club: https://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org/

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

Thanks for the advice! That was my suspicion as well. Let’s see how many months until I can get it in for service ;-).

Comment

Welcome to our MECF community 2and4Wheels. Sorry you are having the seat memory issue. Hopefully it will get quickly and fully resolved!

Thanks for joining us.
        GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

I learned that the car had to be in park to actually save the setting.

car on and in park. Set desired seat and steering wheel location, press and hold one until it beeps.

set desired seat and steering wheel location for entry/exit and press and hold exit button on door until it beeps.

press the seat memory 1 position and it should return to the previous set position.

turn car off and open door and it should move everything out of your way.

note seat memory 1 only works with the carbon flash key fob,

deat memory 2 will only work with the chrome key fob

also note, I have not been able to get memory seat positions to work automatically on the passenger seat lol
          2022 2LT Torch Red Coupe with natural interior, glass top, yellow seatbelts, yellows calipers, NPP exhaust, body color high wing spoiler

Comment

^^^
            I've reset my seat memory several times while in motion, so I don't think the car has to be in park. Maybe they changed it from one year to the next.

And which fob is #1 and which is #2 can vary from car to car. It seems whichever is used first becomes #1.

There is no automatic positioning on the passenger side, by design.
            Delivered 5/29!: Scarlet Fever 2021 2LT HTC, Red Mist Metallic Tintcoat, two-tone Natural w/ suede inserts, Mag Ride, Performance Exhaust

Gone but not forgotten: SunKissed, 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club: https://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org/

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

My seat memory works about 50% of the time. It generally works when I go to exit the car, but on startup, it frequently stops partway to the preset location. I just push the "1" button and it finishes its travel. Apparently this mild automotive dementia is very common with GM cars, and there isn't really a solution..
              C8 ELB HTC, Z51

Comment

I don't know if I have a seat memory issue because my seat is always all the way back so it never moves when I turn the car off. The only thing that moves is my steering wheel up to the max setting . But I do have more times then I would like where the steering wheel does not come down to my memory position. I would have to press and hold the #1 memory location for it to move to the position.

Comment

At first, it was difficult (for me) to set the seat positioning, however, after reviewing the OM (who reads that? 🤔😆) and some trial & error, I was able to set both mine and my wife’s seating preference. Now, when I get in the car, and start it, the seat positions return to my programmed settings.
                  07/01/20 Deposit @ VanBortels on 2021 C8 Coupe; 08/01/20 Prelim Order Status 1100; 01/21/21 Final Order Status 2000; 01/27/21 Status 3000; 03/06/21 Status 3300 (TPW 03/22/21); 03/16/21 Status 3400; 03/22/21 Status 3800; 03/23/21 Status 4B00; 03/26/21 Status 4D00: Status 4200; 04/02/21; 04/06/21 Status 5000; 2LT Coupe; GMO; DSZ; Q8Q; HTA; AQ9; E60; FE2; NPP; ERI

”I’m not the best in town, but I’m the best, until the best comes around“

Comment

I'll have my dealer set mine at PDI. Hopefully they will stay there forever

Comment

I think this is a GM problem not related to the C8 specifically. Our GMC Terrain had the same issues with seat memory. I was frequently squished when using my key to start the car, the seat went to my wife's seat setting. We had to retrain the seat memory quite often. You would think a solution to this would have been found long ago.

Comment

I've never had a seat memory issue with my C8. Our Cadillac has had user induced errors rather often though. I'll make a small adjustment and save it on position 1 forgetting that's my wife... she doesn't appreciate when I do that.
                        2LT Coupe, Z51, Elkhart Lake Blue, GT2 seats, Edge Red Calipers and engine cover, Mag Ride, Front Lift, High Wing spoiler, R8C, American Hydrocarbon 5VM kit, museum delivery.

2000 status 5/1, 3000 on 5/4, 3300 on 8/4, 3400 on 8/11, #18 off the line on 8/23, delivered 9/10.

Well worth the wait, the car is amazing!

Comment

Originally posted by 2and4Wheels View Post
                          Hello! New to the forum and new to Corvettes. Just picked up a 2021 C8 second hand yesterday. Coming from a 991.1 2CS. Absolutely loving the car. Really quite amazing piece of machinery.

I’ve googled around and played around for hours and I’m quite convinced my seat memory feature is just broken but perhaps someone on here has a magic fix? Here’s my problem:

1. Memory buttons beep, dash says “Press Button 1 or Exit to Save Settings”.
                          2. I hear two beeps when I press 1, 2 or exit right after set.
                          3. Holding 1, 2, or exit has zero effect. No noise and seats don’t move.
                          4. Seat entry/exit are on in settings.
                          5. Driver side and passenger side behave the same.
                          6. I tried messing with the seat not being all the way back but I’m short so it wasn’t anyway.
                          7. Nothing moves when I get in/out nor start/stop the car.
                          8. Only time the seat moves is when I push the slider buttons for manual positioning.
                          9. The driver side works different from passenger in that the manual controls seem to work in increments. Holding the slider in any direction only moves about a half an inch and then the seat stops. Not sure if that is normal.

Any advice, hints, tips or tricks would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
                          My 2021 is doing the exact same thing, and actually a few of the cars at Ron Fellows had the same issue. I brought my C8 to the dealer last week and was told the seat module needs to be replaced. Of course it’s in back order so I’ll continue to deal with it for the time being.
                          Initial deposit for 2021 Red Mist HTC 11/25/2019 @Criswell
                          2000 status 2/13/2021
                          3000 status 2/17/2021
                          3300 status 4/23/2021
                          3400 status 5/5/2021
                          3800 status 5/22/2021
                          4000 status 6/4/2021

Comment

I found a service bulletin: 2020 - 2021 Corvette: Service Bulletin: #21-NA-131: Memory Seat Module Does Not Adjust - (Jun 2, 2021) (corvetteactioncenter.com)

It doesn't look like they offer a solution.
                            C8 ELB HTC, Z51

Comment

At the very end of the bulletin you posted:
                              Cause The cause of the condition may be a software anomaly in the MSM.
                              Correction Reprogram the Driver Seat Adjuster Memory Module.
                              So a trip to the dealer to have the Memory Seat Module reprogrammed may solve the issues.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X