Talked to my local stranger l dealer today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Talked to my local stranger l dealer today

Went in to speak with my local dealer today, mostly to sit in the used C8 they have sitting on showroom floor. But I talked to them about wait times and MSRP. They said $20k over and a two year wait for standard C8 and a two year wait, and $50k over for Z06 and a three year wait min. They did have a used 2020 2lt no z51 package for $120k... These dealers will never be top tier Vette dealers doing it this way.

Sad state of affairs. That dealer does not deserve your time or money.

Comment

Local dealer down the street from me who hardly gets any Vetts has a new C8R special edition on the floor for $45,000 over sticker. Don't ask me how he got that for inventory.

Comment

They know they will never be a top tier vette dealer And they aren’t trying to be. At this point if you aren’t a top volume corvette dealer it really doesn’t pay to even try. Take the few you get and make the most it can with them. It would take years to sell enough corvettes to get the volume of allocations where it works need to be in order for it to financially make more sense than banging out the few you do get right now without trying. Think about it.

Comment

I would never do business with a dealer like that.

Comment

I don't understand the rules but I do see some local dealers charging very high ADM and still getting many cars -
            look up John Hall Chevy in Daytona and see a dozen C8's with at least 3 C8R's at $50K over.

Comment

Guys any car in high demand without enough supply and this is what happens. Try to get a Porsche gt3rs or the new gt4 anywhere near msrp and they will laugh you out of the showroom. That’s if you can even get an allocation. It will calm down in a couple years when gm can actually catch supply up with the demand. Unfortunately for anyone not on a list with one of the msrp dealers at least a year ago or more it will be a long wait. Or anyone more willing to wait or isn’t already on a list has to pay a big mark up if you want a first year car. Those are the unfortunate facts.

Comment

not sure how these dealers get these cars early to sell as floor models over msrp. there is some type of process they have with GM.

Comment

What do you mean by early?

Comment

Originally posted by Buzzsaw View Post
                    not sure how these dealers get these cars early to sell as floor models over msrp. there is some type of process they have with GM.
                    They're not following the process with GM is how. Hopefully the change to ADS allocation method will weed them out over time.
                    2LT Coupe, Z51, Elkhart Lake Blue, GT2 seats, Edge Red Calipers and engine cover, Mag Ride, Front Lift, High Wing spoiler, R8C, American Hydrocarbon 5VM kit, museum delivery.

2000 status 5/1, 3000 on 5/4, 3300 on 8/4, 3400 on 8/11, #18 off the line on 8/23, delivered 9/10.

Well worth the wait, the car is amazing!

Comment

Exactly what Davii1775 said. They are going around the protocols that GM has put in place to get the most money they can. GM's new ADS allocation will hopefully negate this practice.
                      Rapid Blue 3LT, HTO Tension Blue, Z51, 5ZZ, E60, ZZ3, ZYC, FE4, J6N, FA5, Q8Q, SHW, VJR, C2Q, R8C

Comment

I don't understand what you mean by early, we are into the 3rd model year now.

And what process and protocols? GM doesn't prevent them from setting their own sales prices and procedures.

And I don't understand the thread title either so maybe it's just me! 🤔

Comment

Yes. They're bought as stock. Stock purchases have been allowed by GM for sometime now after the original C8 2020 sales started. I was one that benefited from the prior "sold order only" allocation policy GM had to get the C8 directly to customers. First allocation my dealer got they wanted to purchase for stock. GM didn't allow it and as #2 on their list I got their first 2020 allocation as a sold order.

Allowing the stock orders to compete with the customer sold orders has allowed the market price to prevail more IMO.
                          Last edited by Boomer; Yesterday, 07:26 AM.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X