Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

IMPORTANT: CORVETTE TODAY #84-Corvette Brand Manager, Harlan Charles Talks About Z06

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IMPORTANT: CORVETTE TODAY #84-Corvette Brand Manager, Harlan Charles Talks About Z06

Click image for larger version

Name:	Harlan & Steve.jpg
Views:	206
Size:	1.51 MB
ID:	332685

CORVETTE TODAY #84-Corvette Brand Market Manager, Harlan Charles Talks About The New C8 Z06!

Now that the new C8 Z06 has been formally launched, Corvette Brand Marketing Manager, Harlan Charles, talks about it in-depth, with your CORVETTE TODAY host, Steve Garrett.

Harlan and Steve cover so much, including details about the new LT6 engine, the exhaust, the huge wheels and tires and the 2 levels of Carbon Fiber trim options.

You'll also find out about some of the nuances you might not know about, the different combos and Easter Eggs to look for!

Find out everything you thought you knew about the C8 Z06, but didn't on this episode of CORVETTE TODAY.

See my signature below for full access to the podcast and YouTube video.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Corvette Today URL.jpg
Views:	335
Size:	288.2 KB
ID:	332684

HOST-CORVETTE TODAY Podcast

Listen to CORVETTE TODAY here!

Get CORVETTE TODAY emails here.

CORVETTE TODAY website: www.CorvetteTodayPodcast.com

Join the CORVETTE TODAY Facebook Group!

NEW!!! Now watch CORVETTE TODAY on YouTube!

NEW!!! Visit the CORVETTE TODAY merchandise store!

I have listened to it a couple of times. So glad to confirm for third time as this is important to me and many, that one can get the aero package for the standard car. Always delightful to hear Harlan’s enthusiasm about the Z06. Also our econd confirmation of special door card and interior roof stitching for the Z06. And nicely he suggested that more surprises could be coming.

But of probably the “most importance to the most-est” was his saying that pricing is “not too far away.” Does that mean after the beginning of the year for December is next week? Or???

GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

At 12:41 in the podcast Harlan states that in order to get the carbon fiber wheels you must order the Z07 package. Is that right?

Comment

That was disappointing what he shared. However I have heard it stated both ways. I have reached out to GM to confirm either way. I will post up once I get an answer.
        GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Z07 required for CF Z06 wheels. This is true of both the painted and the visible carbon fiber wheels.

This was just officially confirmed by a top GM person (re-stating what Harlan said in this current Corvette Nation podcast). This is the news I was hoping personally not to hear. Personally now in a quandary, get the Z07 with the Cup2 R’s I do not like, and the extra stiff springs I do not wish to have, and yet be able to get the visible (or painted) carbon fiber wheels (😁) OR get the standard Z06 and get the good looking OEM forged “spider wheels.”

OR go aftermarket once we see what is available in the 10”x20”/13”x21” sizing.

Comment

To bad GM is not going to make the CF wheels available to order with the standard Z06.

Maybe that is how they are going to limit production of CF wheels other than the price.

I don't think GM is trying to push customers to the Z07 package just to get the CF wheels.

We shall see soon when the prices are released.

The CF wheels may be just too expensive except for a very few.

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
              Z07 required for CF Z06 wheels. This is true of both the painted and the visible carbon fiber wheels.

This was just officially confirmed by a top GM person (re-stating what Harlan said in this current Corvette Nation podcast). This is the news I was hoping personally not to hear. Personally now in a quandary, get the Z07 with the Cup2 R’s I do not like, and the extra stiff springs I do not wish to have, and yet be able to get the visible (or painted) carbon fiber wheels (😁) OR get the standard Z06 and get the good looking OEM forged “spider wheels.”

OR go aftermarket once we see what is available in the 10”x20”/13”x21” sizing.
              Maybe you'll be able to shave a few pounds off the factory alloy wheels by going aftermarket.
              For the option price of the CF wheels (plus the resale value of the stock wheels), I suspect you'll have a lot of options in the aftermarket. I also suspect that some vendors would love to work with you since you're well known and will be among the first to get the car.

Getting the Cups also means doing a tire swap at the NCM (and shipping them home or to a buyer) or burning through an expensive set of tires. Drive home on them and there will be almost no resale value left in the tires. Need to factor that cost too.
              2021 Red Mist HTC / Z51 /Mag Ride / Yellow Calipers / C-Flash Mirrors and Wing / Front Lift / Black 3LT / CF Interior Trim / Yellow Belts and Stitching

Atomic Orange C6. Plenty of engine and suspension mods. Gone, but not forgotten

Comment

All very, very valid points. Thanks Ragtop. We shall see….

Comment

Surely the CF wheels will eventually become an accessory item that will be able to be ordered separately. The question is, at what price.

Comment

Don't miss this CORVETTE TODAY podcast!

Comment

Steve, you hit all the right points on this podcast perfectly. Thanks for your style of interviews, as you keep me entertained and informed.
                      Rapid Blue 3LT, HTO Tension Blue, Z51, 5ZZ, E60, ZZ3, ZYC, FE4, J6N, FA5, Q8Q, SHW, VJR, C2Q, R8C

Comment

I can see myself getting the Z07 for those wheels......... (I didn't need my arm twisted)
                        Rapid Blue 3LT, HTO Tension Blue, Z51, 5ZZ, E60, ZZ3, ZYC, FE4, J6N, FA5, Q8Q, SHW, VJR, C2Q, R8C

Comment

Originally posted by rickg747 View Post
                          Steve, you hit all the right points on this podcast perfectly. Thanks for your style of interviews, as you keep me entertained and informed.

Thank you Rick! I'm so glad you enjoyed it. Guys, please be sure to sign up for weekly CORVETTE TODAY email notifications. The link is in my signature below....

Comment

Just finished this week's podcast Steve. Another great session with Harlan with lots of information. Now if we can only get him to give up some information on the upcoming E-Ray... Christmas is coming so I can hope right? LOL 😀

Comment

^^^ LOL...yea, that would be great. Thanks for listening!

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X