Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Quality Control Hold for Stingray Wheels?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quality Control Hold for Stingray Wheels?

I have been hearing about QC holds at BGA are related to wheel problems and they are affecting more than one style. Any further information on this is appreciated.

That info would be greatly appreciated as we am picking up our HTC next Monday Nov 29th at the Museum…. 😳
    2022 Arctic White Z5, HTC, AH2seats, Perform Traction, Carbon Flash Mirrors, Red Calipers, Comp Rocker Ext, Carbon Flash Spoiler, Carbon Flash Nacelles, Front Lift, Mag Ride, Std Wheels (going to Black Chrome) Front/Rear Splash Guards, Torch Red Seat Belts, Museum Plaque, Two Tone GT2 Seats Red-Black, Carbon Fiber Interior Trim, Sueded Steering, Batt Charge, Born Date: Nov 9th. Delivery Date: Nov 29th. 684 days from Order Date… 👏😎

Comment

If you are picking yours up and it's not in a QC hold you should be good to do.

Comment

Secondhand but not yet confirmed that a person picking up their Ci8 Museum delivery was told that, “I suspect that your car is part of a large batch needing a wheel replacement. They are working diligently to get the proper wheels from the supplier.”

I have reached out to try and confirm this. Was this from Shani or Lori the R8C management team, from a passer by or ???

Note please that 185 cars were built on Friday. 877 were built last week.
        GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

I just communicated with GM; they will look into this and get back to me when fully investigated.
          GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Thanks, I have heard about the museum delivery issue. There also appears to be a number of people who claim they are on QC hold and they are unable to get any kind of explanation for it. There are also a number of October allocations stuck at 3000 level.

Comment

Re BGA Wheel QCH, I received the following official communication from Bowling Green Assembly.

We can confirm that a small percentage vehicles are being held at the factory for a wheel-related quality hold. Manufacturing has been working quickly to resolve the issue and affected vehicles are expected to ship by the end of the month.

Comment

Oh No, I hope my car is not one of them. I'm getting close

Comment

Buzzsaw, we hope your car is not delayed due to this or anything else.

While elsewhere it was rumored that there is a “large batch” of them effected, not only did GM build 185 Friday but 188 yesterday, i.e., the magnitude of the issue is not large at all. At worst case it stopped about 25 vehicles for one day. However as we all know if yours was one of them, it was horrid news.

Comment

Thank you John.

Comment

Originally posted by pageda View Post
                      I have been hearing about QC holds at BGA are related to wheel problems and they are affecting more than one style. Any further information on this is appreciated.
                      Do we know which wheels are affected? Or are all styles affiliated?
                      C8 on order Rapid Blue coupe, 3LT, N26, NPP, DZV, FE2, E60,TVS

Comment

John, any idea how Shane is notified about what cars will be available for Museum delivery? Do they just show up in his lot and then he schedules the deliveries? One would expect they don't schedule a delivery if they have not yet physically gotten a car, but I don't know what the process is. Perhaps Shane gets a notice of any R8C cars that are delayed for any reason. Curious. --Bob
                        2016 Z06 Long Beach Red #10281 "POPS Z"
                        -Kalahari, 2LZ, Auto, chrome wheels
                        1995 ZR-1 Polo Green #409 "WARP TEN" --Haibeck 350/510hp package, Sold but still running strong
                        1993 ZR-1 Quasar Blue #161 "HIL KING" --Sold but still running strong
                        1967 Corvette Coupe --Marlboro Maroon/Saddle 300 HP 4 Speed, Sold in 1977
                        ZR-1 Net Registry Founding Member #95
                        Member of Original ZR-1 Registry
                        NCM Lifetime Member
                        Favorite Quote--Attributed to Mickey Thompson:
                        "Too Much Horsepower is Almost Enough"

Comment

Originally posted by Warp Ten View Post
                          John, any idea how Shane is notified about what cars will be available for Museum delivery? Do they just show up in his lot and then he schedules the deliveries? One would expect they don't schedule a delivery if they have not yet physically gotten a car, but I don't know what the process is. Perhaps Shane gets a notice of any R8C cars that are delayed for any reason. Curious. --Bob
                          I picked mine up at the NCM on 7/22, and I can tell you that Shane knew the date of my car's manufacture about a week before, and we set the NCM delivery for two weeks after that date. He also knew when the transfer to the transport company occurred and of course, when it was delivered to the NCM.

so he is definitely tied into the production process. I would think he has to be in order to keep delivery schedules running smoothly and to be able to make delivery changes (i.e., when there is a QC hold) with the affected customers to allow them to change their travel plans...
                          2LT z51 coupe, Red Mist, mag ride, front lift, NCM delivery, etc.
                          Ordered 7/11/20, 2000= 3/18/21, 3000=3/24/21, TPW=7/5/21, Built=7/8/21, NCM delivery=7/22/21

2004 Z06, machine silver
                          2016 Ducati xDiavel S, black
                          2016 Can Am Spyder F-3, pearl white

Comment

From Corvette Blogger.

https://www.corvetteblogger.com/2021...lwGEqx_WvR9p8Y

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X