How long will they make Z06s?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How long will they make Z06s?

Will GM make the ZO6 for a predetermined amount of years, or will they make them as long as the demand is there?

I think it would reduce a lot of the hysteria if they at least hinted at the fact.

I put my name on a list before the reveal, but it is disheartening to think that because I didn’t do it farther in advance, I may never buy this car. I feel even worse for people that went to dealers at or after the reveal. Part of the Corvette appeal is that they are not “unobtanium”, unlike GT3s, Ferraris, etc. Will this car change that? What does that do to the Corvette community?

All the GM hype and speculation lately has left me kind of cold. Are they just teasing us? Awesome tech and and mind blowing bang for the buck aren’t as appealing if they are impossible to get. Am I alone on this?

Sorry for the rant, so will end with some positivity.

1. They need to offer a name delete option on the rear of the car. Looks great and GM profits. Porsche does this to great popularity.

2. They need an option to color the end caps on the Z07 wing. Again, looks great and GM profits. Go to the Lamborghini web site and play with the configurator for the STO. It is amazing how such a small option can give so many different looks.

The Z06 will last till the end of the C8 run. It is obviously a very popular and very much in demand. Hopefully, your number will come up sooner than you expect.
    Rapid Blue 3LT, HTO Tension Blue, Z51, 5ZZ, E60, ZZ3, ZYC, FE4, J6N, FA5, Q8Q, SHW, VJR, C2Q, R8C

Comment

Originally posted by sprintcarfan View Post
      Will GM make the ZO6 for a predetermined amount of years, or will they make them as long as the demand is there?

I think it would reduce a lot of the hysteria if they at least hinted at the fact.

I put my name on a list before the reveal, but it is disheartening to think that because I didn’t do it farther in advance, I may never buy this car. I feel even worse for people that went to dealers at or after the reveal. Part of the Corvette appeal is that they are not “unobtanium”, unlike GT3s, Ferraris, etc. Will this car change that? What does that do to the Corvette community?

All the GM hype and speculation lately has left me kind of cold. Are they just teasing us? Awesome tech and and mind blowing bang for the buck aren’t as appealing if they are impossible to get. Am I alone on this?

Sorry for the rant, so will end with some positivity.

1. They need to offer a name delete option on the rear of the car. Looks great and GM profits. Porsche does this to great popularity.

2. They need an option to color the end caps on the Z07 wing. Again, looks great and GM profits. Go to the Lamborghini web site and play with the configurator for the STO. It is amazing how such a small option can give so many different looks.

As to #1 suggestion, simple to do in a few minutes with Goo Gone, a couple of microfibers and strong dental floss. I do it on every one of my Corvettes that way — and yes the Corvette letters are going off my C8 Z06 also.

I like your # 2 suggestion but the ends are not removable on the high wing. So difficult to paint a special color without a ton of masking and tons or care as you know..
      GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Your real question is can the C8 Z06 already be sold out. Nobody knows but it is possible. Demand will likely outstrip supply for the next few years, particularly if Chevy hits their price targets. How long ? Until GM goes all BEV around MY2035.

Comment

I think there's a 200% chance all Z06's from MSRP dealers are already sold-out at least 2-fold. There will be cars available from mark-up (ie gouging) dealers and the Ferrari/Porsche/Lambo folk will grab them for their toy collections bcs they're still a bargain in their world.

It's a pity that GM don't do something similar to what Ferrari do with their top-of-the-line models ie "you can't buy a Z06 unless you can prove you're a corvette enthusiast" - I think this would go some way to reducing the gouging and put more genuine corvette enthusiasts behind the wheel of a Z06.

Comment

Originally posted by 11ZSenator View Post
            I think there's a 200% chance all Z06's from MSRP dealers are already sold-out at least 2-fold. There will be cars available from mark-up (ie gouging) dealers and the Ferrari/Porsche/Lambo folk will grab them for their toy collections bcs they're still a bargain in their world.

It's a pity that GM don't do something similar to what Ferrari do with their top-of-the-line models ie "you can't buy a Z06 unless you can prove you're a corvette enthusiast" - I think this would go some way to reducing the gouging and put more genuine corvette enthusiasts behind the wheel of a Z06.
            How do you define “Corvette enthusiast”? Have to had owned one already? Two? Three? Maybe they need a bigger factory able to generate more cars. :-) That’s ridiculously expensive and they’d only do it if they expected demand to stay like this for 5-10 years, given the additional models that are coming. I could see E-rays impacting base Corvette Stingrays unless price is much higher. Never going to sell a TON of ZR1s or Zola’s I would think.

Comment

Originally posted by 11ZSenator View Post
              There are a lot of people on waiting lists that will not end-up buying the car. Some will get an E-Ray. Some will give-up and buy something else. Some will just decide it isn't for them due to financial or life circumstances and get their deposit back when faced with needing to pony-up over $100k for a car. Not many people with a first year allocation will drop because the car can be flipped for a profit, but people 3 years and further out tend to have high attrition rates when flipping isn't as lucrative.

It also appears that GM can make a lot of them.

Part of the goal of the C8 is to attract new and younger customers to Chevy. If people are long time buyer of corvettes, hopefully they have a relationship with a dealer and knew from past experience to get in line early if they wanted a new model in the first year or two of its production run. Most everyone in the US and Canada who signed up for C8 Z06 within 6 months of the C8 reveal will be driving a 2023, but I don't know how it's going to work for you in the land down under.
              2021 Red Mist HTC / Z51 /Mag Ride / Yellow Calipers / C-Flash Mirrors and Wing / Front Lift / Black 3LT / CF Interior Trim / Yellow Belts and Stitching

Atomic Orange C6. Plenty of engine and suspension mods. Gone, but not forgotten

Comment

Not sure I agree that everyone who is on a dealer list will get a Z06 - ever. There will likely be about 7000-10,000 built a year, and their is a rumor floating around that there may be as many as 100,000 people on dealer lists all over the country. This means the total buildout of Z06's is already sold out. That may seem far-fetched for a Corvette, but this happens routinely for Porsches, Ferraris and Lambos. We have entered the twilight zone on this one ! Now, many people on the list will drop out for the reasons you cite, but how many ?? We will have to just wait and see.

The likey outcome is Chevy will have more buyers than cars for the foreseeable future. That is just the way it is with a phenomenom like the C8 Z06.

Comment

Originally posted by dcbingaman View Post

The likey outcome is Chevy will have more buyers than cars for the foreseeable future. That is just the way it is with a phenomenom like the C8 Z06.
                  And these are just for the people on the list now. There will be others attempting to get on a list later after seeing them and then deciding they want one. I could not agree with your statement more. It's already happening to the C8 Stingray.

Rapid Blue 3LT, HTO Tension Blue, Z51, 5ZZ, E60, ZZ3, ZYC, FE4, J6N, FA5, Q8Q, SHW, VJR, C2Q, R8C

Comment

I'm guessing they will make the NA Z06 (C9 ) until the 2035 model year where GM goes all electric.

Comment

Originally posted by dcbingaman View Post
                      Your real question is can the C8 Z06 already be sold out. Nobody knows but it is possible. Demand will likely outstrip supply for the next few years, particularly if Chevy hits their price targets. How long ? Until GM goes all BEV around MY2035.
                      The Z06 might very well be sold out,I. guess it depends how many years the C8 will last.My dealer stopped taking deposits because their list is up to a 4 year wait.I'm betting many dealers are in the same position.

Comment

Originally posted by Ragtop 99 View Post

Part of the goal of the C8 is to attract new and younger customers to Chevy. If people are long time buyer of corvettes, hopefully they have a relationship with a dealer and knew from past experience to get in line early if they wanted a new model in the first year or two of its production run. Most everyone in the US and Canada who signed up for C8 Z06 within 6 months of the C8 reveal will be driving a 2023, but I don't know how it's going to work for you in the land down under.
                        I'm sure our Down Under Z06 ownership experience won't be any better than our SR experience ie very poor ☹ Context: I placed my $5K deposit 3 day's after the reveal in July '19 which put me #3 on my dealer list. All 63 Aussie/Kiwi dealers get 4 cars each. The first cars are due to arrive early Jan '22. Mine is now due to be built "sometime in Q2 '22" - up until 3-weeks ago I was told I'd receive it before Christmas. I'm one of the lucky ones. I'm #1 for the Z06 with my dealer - hopefully they all get at least 1 allocation.

All our dealers have dozens-to-hundreds of buyers on their lists. Because corvette has never been sold Down Under before, there are no "Top 100" dealers ie they currently all get the same allocation. With such small numbers this will unlikely change in foreseeable future. There are therefore no 'relationships' for corvette "enthusiasts" with dealers.....BUT.....the dealers have relationships with their previous customers of different brands......plus their "golfing mates".......so us long-term corvette enthusiasts (I've personally imported and owned corvettes since the 80's) are just in the mix like any other buyer who's never even seen a corvette before.

Sure, I totally get the "new & younger customer" goal for GM in USA - doesn't apply Down Under yet. Let's get these awesome cars out there in the public gaze under the ownership of true "corvette enthusiasts"....not flippers or queue-jumpers.....

Comment

My dealer is prioritizing his allocation list by those who have bought cars from them before - specifically Corvettes. The more Corvettes you have purchased from them, the greater your chances of snagging an allocation for a Z06.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X