Adnimation ATF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Key Fob Cover

Has anyone tried one of the C8 key fob covers? Thoughts?
    Also, do you use it as a "keychain" with other keys hanging from it?

I got this one on eBay its available on amazon also. Clips over the fob and looks nice imo

it comes in black also

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Jxp1962 View Post
      I got this one on eBay its available on amazon also. Clips over the fob and looks nice imo

it comes in black also
      I got that one also. It‘s very nice and doesn’t make the fob too big. Still easily fits in pants pocket. I would recommend it!

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	5D282E88-10CC-44F1-932D-D2FF66B85451.jpg
Views:	317
Size:	4.47 MB
ID:	332480
        Originally posted by Jxp1962 View Post

it comes in black also
        My wife got 2 for us, a black and a red. Simple snap on over fob.
        2021 2LT HTC, front lift, MRCS, GT2 natural Napa 2 tone seats, Perf. exh and all wrapped in Red Mist metallic, lowered w/Paragon collars and riding on BC Forged wheels 😎
        Delivered 1/26/21 VIN 00921

Comment

NICE !! Thanks guys

Comment

I use a Caddy CT5 fob cover. It fits perfectly, fully encloses the fob, and keeps dust/dirt/moisture out.

Name:	Capture.jpg
Views:	286
Size:	36.4 KB
ID:	332501
            My C8:
            '20 Elkhart Lake Blue 2LT Coupe, Natural Interior, GT2 Two-Tone Seats, Performance Exhaust, Front Lift, Carbon Flash Wheels, Engine Appearance Package 2000 Status December 27, 2019; 3000 Status January 2, 2020; 3400 Status March 10, 2020;TPW March 16, 2020; Built June 4th, 2020 (COVID-19); Delivery July 1, 2020

Current Vettes:
            '68 Lemans Blue 327/350 Convertible
            '91 Turquoise Convertible with Hardtop
            '14 Lime Rock Green 2LT Convertible, Black Top, Kalahari, 7-Speed, Performance Exhaust

Comment

The covers look great. Unfortunately during a move a couple of weeks ago my key fob got lost. I gave myself a couple of weeks to find it, but am now about to order a new one. Other than a dealer, any suggestions?
              Ceramic Gray Metallic Z51 w/TT interior Spec Grey Wheels

Comment

I saw these yesterday and was about to order a red one and a black one to keep the key fobs easily noticeable .... in a weak moment, I mentioned this to my wife and then she got less than thrilled with me, as she had already ordered one for me as a Christmas surprise..... this is about the 3rd or 4th time I've blown a surprise for her. Oops.

Since she then told me she had ordered me a black one, I went ahead and ordered the red one to go with it. Arrives tomorrow !
                3LT Coupe, Z51 Torch Red with two toned Red/black interior. 5VM visible CF ground effects, Carbon Flash wheels, engine appearance package and Carbon Fiber interior trim. Mag Ride control. Red Calipers. VQK Splash Guards. Carbon fiber: mirrors and spoiler; Door handles & boomerangs; Rear Diffuser with vertical diffuser fins; A Pillar; B Pillar; Rear Hatch Side Vents, as well as top camera surround piece and lower under glass piece; Engine bay surround pieces; and front grill trim.

Comment

House keys on a ~1" key ring purchased at Ace Hardware hooked to the fob (similar to the MidLife pictures above). I've had house keys with car keys since way before fobs.
                  Mustang GT (new, 1st year models): 1987, 2006, 2015
                  Other notable: 1972 Charger (1st car), 1995 Trans Am
                  2006 C6 (used) convertible, 2LT, 6spd, black / tan
                  2021 C8 (new) convertible, 2LT, red mist / black & tan
                  Deposit 17Jul20, 3000 ~20May21, 3300 ~24Aug21, 3400 ~31Aug21, 3800 ~7Sep21, 5000 22Sep21, 6000 24Sep21

Comment

I did the same thing for my C7 key. I read quite a few stories about the key fob being dropped and breaking so I ordered a key fob cover off Amazon which was a close match for my Long Beach Red color. It also fit Cadillac fobs, as noted above for the C8 cover. Easily comes apart for battery changing. Happy I got it and if I get a C8 will get one for its keys as well.--Bob

Name:	KeyFobCovers.jpg
Views:	204
Size:	1.49 MB
ID:	333009
                    2016 Z06 Long Beach Red #10281 "POPS Z"
                    -Kalahari, 2LZ, Auto, chrome wheels
                    1995 ZR-1 Polo Green #409 "WARP TEN" --Haibeck 350/510hp package, Sold but still running strong
                    1993 ZR-1 Quasar Blue #161 "HIL KING" --Sold but still running strong
                    1967 Corvette Coupe --Marlboro Maroon/Saddle 300 HP 4 Speed, Sold in 1977
                    ZR-1 Net Registry Founding Member #95
                    Member of Original ZR-1 Registry
                    NCM Lifetime Member
                    Favorite Quote--Attributed to Mickey Thompson:
                    "Too Much Horsepower is Almost Enough"

Comment

Has anyone bought a Vonetti alpha shield rfid blocker for our key fob and if so does the key fob fit in the case.

I would appreciate anyone’s feedback.

Stevie D.

Comment

Name:	ACECB8C1-BC78-4D1C-B554-AD17C604A85E.jpg
Views:	173
Size:	3.35 MB
ID:	333125 Click image for larger version

Name:	2CAA4FCA-4331-4CCD-8223-08E12D54FCF5.jpg
Views:	176
Size:	3.59 MB
ID:	333124 Click image for larger version

Name:	3BA250E1-89A6-4933-8284-DB9F18F2E1A9.jpg
Views:	173
Size:	2.86 MB
ID:	333126 I purchased a leather cover on Amazon. I actually like it way better than I thought I would.

Comment

I got an inexpensive, black silicone cover for a Caddy, the shape of the opening wasn't correct for the HTC, but the exacto knife took care of that. I also got a hard shell case for the the other fob. but it makes the fob huge. (or at least huger than without it.

The objective for me was to keep from dinging the fob when I drop it or from the other keys on it . The silicone cover does that well. Plus, it doesn't look like something from the late Dennis Hoff's Bunny Ranch...

Comment

Originally posted by MidLife View Post

Name:	5D282E88-10CC-44F1-932D-D2FF66B85451.jpg
Views:	317
Size:	4.47 MB
ID:	332480
                            My wife got 2 for us, a black and a red. Simple snap on over fob.
                            ordered this one along with a leather key chain for keys

Comment

To me, any FOB cover that doesn't protect the buttons too is virtually useless. It's the buttons that lose the paint/coating that tells you what that particular button does. I bought my Caddy cover over a year ago and the buttons still look like they did when the FOB was new.

Name:	fob.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	951.3 KB
ID:	333529 Click image for larger version

Name:	fob1.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	1.02 MB
ID:	333528

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse