Great Week For MECF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great Week For MECF

Congratulations to all of you for your many contributions, especially to fvs and to Chazcron, for we are the second largest C8 content forum already, and four out the five days this week our forum has been linked in major auto-media. Here’s today’s article from Carscoops. First here is a listing of auto-media that have repeatedly noted, thanked, linked and/or cited MECF just since the first of this year.

Motor1, AutoWeek, CarBuzz, GM Authority, Yahoo Autos, Dupont Registry, CorvetteBlogger, MotorAuthority, AutoSpies, CorvetteOnLine, CarScoops, HotCars, AutoEvolution, and MSN.

Originally posted by Carscoops
    These New C8 Corvette Renderings Have Us Overflowing With Anticipation

BY BRAD ANDERSON | POSTED ONAPRIL 19, 2019
    Another day and yet more renderings of the upcoming Chevrolet C8 Corvette have come across our radar. If these images are not enough to get you excited about the long-awaited mid-engined Corvette, we’re not sure what will.

Both of these renderings come from Chazcron over at the Mid Engine Corvette Forum. The first of the renderings provides a detailed look at the front-end of the new American supercar while the second rendering shows off the vehicle from a front three-quarter angle.

Starting with the rendering focused on the front-end, it shows that the new ‘Vette could feature a bold hood complete with no less than four aggressive lines which run diagonally along the hood from the tip of the front bumper. The rendering also previews what the headlights of the car are expected to look like, including the daytime running lights which give the vehicle a sharp look.

As for the second rendering, it is based around an image of the new Corvette which Chevrolet published last week featuring GM chief executive Mary Barra. The supercar in this rendering has been finished in a bright shade of orange and could be the best look we’ve had yet of the C8. Not only do the body panels of the supercar look the part, but the silver and black wheels also provide the car with a very sporty look.

While Chevrolet has said the C8 Corvette will premiere on July 18th, it is remaining tight-lipped about the car’s technical specifications. However, we’re told that the entry-level model will feature a naturally-aspirated 6.2-liter V8 with upwards of 500 hp while a range-topping twin-turbo hybrid V8 could pump out 1000 hp.

TAGSCHEVROLET, CORVETTE, RENDERING
    https://www.carscoops.com/2019/04/th...ent-4430073454
    GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Congrats John on the excellent job you are doing presenting this forum, and the great guys providing the renderings. I know you put a ungodly amount of time doing this as do the others that contribute content.

THANK YOU for a job WELL DONE !!!!

Regards Brian

Comment

My pleasure. Thank you Brian. It is still tons of fun for me; doesn’t feel like work.

The two main reasons we are growing so fast, especially as we do not even have a revealed car, is that we very smart and skilled members (good content), and our members are nice people — the latter critical for people choosing to return here for their next visit.
      GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Awesome John! The way you run this forum, we'll be number one soon!
        Rapid Blue 3LT, HTC, Z51, HTO, D84, E60, FE4, J6F, ZYC, 5ZZ and 5W8.
        Built 11/19/2020
        Officially Ours: 11/27/2020

Comment

Thanks but no thanks for our ever remotely being # 1. Not that that would ever be possible, but we are not even aspiring to be that.

We are instead pleased to already be # 2 in terms of C8 content, and to have cred.
          Last edited by John; 04-19-2019, 07:44 PM.

Comment

Is the forum in first place an exclusive C8 Forum also?
            Save the wave.

Comment

nice work!

Comment

You sure have been a big part of what we have accomplished. Yeah fvs!

Comment

Originally posted by 73shark View Post
                  Is the forum in first place an exclusive C8 Forum also?
                  Corvetteforum is for/about all Corvettes.

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post

Corvetteforum is for/about all Corvettes.
                    That's what i figured. Used to visit there and there's a large knowledge base but seems to be an attitude problem with some. Might be different now as it's been several years since i visited. Keep up the good work here, off to a great start.
                    Save the wave.

Comment

Congratulations John. Your efforts and others have made this a very successful and entertaining Forum. Many talented and good natured people here. Keep up the good work.

Comment

Congrats to all from the bottom of my heart!!! Great job and keep up the good work!!!

Comment

The people on here are very knowledgeable and I must say NICE. You have done a great job of attracting the right kind of people. Congrats to all who have made this a positive experience. Nice job John👍🏻
                          To allow an old grumpy man like me on here is a marvel 😂
                          Black 3LT. Z51 mag ride front lift. black wheels and trim. .... Order status ...in my garage

Comment

Originally posted by 73shark View Post

That's what i figured. Used to visit there and there's a large knowledge base but seems to be an attitude problem with some. Might be different now as it's been several years since i visited. Keep up the good work here, off to a great start.
                            This is by far the #1 C8 forum in my mind. I moved over from the other place when this started up, and very rarely go back. In fact I deleted my bookmark. Without firm and active moderation a forum can quickly go downhill. The other place has not changed.
                            2020 C8 Corvette.D.O.B 2/03/2020
                            Shadow Grey Metallic on Black
                            2LT, Z51 + MRC. GT1 seats.
                            Spectra Grey Tridents.
                            Carbon flash mirrors and spoiler.

Comment

Proud to be a forum member here; credibility and Constructive Criticism is important; That's what makes this Forum special. Thanks John and all contributors.
                              Heidi
                              Save the Wave
                              2021 TR HTC 2LT (HTM DTH D86 E60 FE2 Q8T J6F NPP VQK AH2 SQU AH2)

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X