Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Every Standard Z06 We’ve Seen Already Have Wickerbill Installed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Every Standard Z06 We’ve Seen Already Have Wickerbill Installed?

Has every Z06 we have yet seen that is not a Z07 already had the little extra spoiler wickerbill already installed?

This first picture is from the official GM reveal photos:

Click image for larger version  Name:	image_45525.jpg Views:	6 Size:	636.2 KB ID:	332190

I am sure that when they were at the Nurburgring they would have had that extra wickerbill the one that increased downforce to 365 pounds, in place.

Click image for larger version  Name:	A74DBE76-F3E5-4EE3-9B9A-CD724B13B70C.jpg Views:	0 Size:	805.6 KB ID:	332191

From the official GM press release:

“Additionally, the new Z06 will offer three increasing levels of aerodynamic support: The standard Z06 features a front splitter and a unique rear spoiler, which includes an installable fixed wickerbill - a small, vertical tab at the edge of the spoiler that significantly increases downforce, providing 365 pounds (165.6 kg) more at 186 mph (299.3 km/h).”

Here is the September 25th GM pre-reveal photo.

Click image for larger version  Name:	6F5E1EE4-C274-4721-BF0B-618C0F3897DD.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.03 MB ID:	332192

Here is the spoiler from the SEMA show thanks to GMA.

Click image for larger version  Name:	8D6634C2-70D8-46A5-AE65-31A1F3C8DC43.jpg Views:	0 Size:	614.9 KB ID:	332193
    One more showing us the wickerbill looking up from below:

Click image for larger version

Name:	A3C941E6-1E8B-439D-8381-7057B608FE8D.jpg
Views:	419
Size:	477.7 KB
ID:	332201

What imo tends to fool us is two things, 1) that the upper side of the spoiler is always body colored yet the underside is always black, and 2) the height of the spoiler changes dramatically based on whether the camera when the picture is taken is above the spoiler (making if appear “flatter”), at the spoiler height, or below the spoiler itself.

Is it possible we have yet to see the standard Z06 without any wickerbill for as its top side is always painted body color, i.e., is it “hiding in plain site?”
    GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

This would seem to indicate that if your don’t order the aero package to get the high wing, adding it later is going to be a problem? Not sure if mounting holes are the same, but it wouldn’t seem so from this picture. On the Stingray the mounting holes were the same between z51 wing and high wing. Adding high wing in other circumstances required holes to be drilled.

Comment

Your have hit a nail on the head. Additionally and perhaps even more critically from the cutaway model we have seen massive vertical structural beam that transmit the 734 pounds of downforce the high wing spoiler creates directly downward and onto the horizontal carbon fiber back bumper beam.

Screen grab of vertical support beam is thanks to “BrinkOfSpeed”:

Name:	22D06110-0BAF-45B4-B824-BA3D3512A8B3.jpg
Views:	425
Size:	227.7 KB
ID:	332199

Name:	B544A489-D604-4302-BD68-CDB64A5FA34B.jpg
Views:	412
Size:	286.6 KB
ID:	332200

GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

After seeing the noticeable performance difference at the Nürburgring, between the (High/Low) wings and the front aero, I could not, in good judgment forgo the aero package and only get the low wing.

But I can see why someone would not want the High wing or aero, due to their massive looks.

However, I just hope to get a car within the next three years, because of demand and availability.

Comment

Back to John's OP, I think (hope) what we're currently seeing is a "wickerbill blank" installed "as standard" on the Z06 low-wing. I think (and hope again) you'll remove this "blank" and add the "proper wickerbill" which will add some substantial (1/2 to 1"-ish?) vertical length/height. If this isn't the case, then I don't really see the "current wickerbill" as adding any additional down-force component.....it looks very much like just an aesthetic piece.

Comment

I sure could be wrong but have come to a different conclusion for as shown it is a traditional duckbill which adds downforce as shown in this Nurburgring picture.

Click image for larger version  Name:	60DFD458-051D-4F02-80BD-639F4B0DA530.jpg Views:	0 Size:	518.1 KB ID:	332368

Comment

when I make it over to the US John then lunch is on me if I'm wrong😀
              I know these are different camera angles but the cammo one's wickers sure looks taller to me....

Name:	Z06 wickerbill cammo.png
Views:	243
Size:	71.5 KB
ID:	332376 Click image for larger version

Name:	Z06 wickerbill.png
Views:	232
Size:	115.5 KB
ID:	332377

Comment

Over the last week I literally wrote this thread three times and each time trashed it, but finally put it together yesterday. As I noted, I could be wrong. And yes for sure, camera angles play a major part but if there is a taller wicker to later add, why has GM not yet shown one yet? Curious and confused here…

Comment

I am also wondering what the aero options will look like with the base Z06 and will there also be an aero delete option like the Stingrays. Hopefully we get more information sooner than later from Chevy.

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
                    Over the last week I literally wrote this thread three times and each time trashed it, but finally put it together yesterday. As I noted, I could be wrong. And yes for sure, camera angles play a major part but if there is a taller wicker to later add, why has GM not yet shown one yet? Curious and confused here…
                    something for GM to reveal at the NCM Bash maybe? 😀

Comment

I hope the wickerbill is standard. It provides a simple visual differentiation from the stingray when looking at it from behind for people who like sports cars, but aren't corvette nerds.
                      2021 Red Mist HTC / Z51 /Mag Ride / Yellow Calipers / C-Flash Mirrors and Wing / Front Lift / Black 3LT / CF Interior Trim / Yellow Belts and Stitching

Atomic Orange C6. Plenty of engine and suspension mods. Gone, but not forgotten

Comment

Honestly this is the BEST looking wing they make for the C8. I hope a version of this will be available for the stingrays.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X