Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

POLL: E-Ray Reveal and Production Year Timing (Replacement Poll)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• POLL: E-Ray Reveal and Production Year Timing (Replacement Poll)

When do you think the E-Ray will be revealed and model year produced?

Note please: Due to tech issues with the last three-subject poll and our getting very messed up and incomplete results, I cancelled that one from earlier today and instead started this first of several new E-Ray polls but each new one shall be about a single subject only to avoid previous issues. I am sorry that our previous multi-subject E-Ray poll worked poorly.

Subsequent E-Ray polls will be about a week apart, and in turn be about its power level, its aero and other components, and the last one be about our thinking on its MSRP.

Click image for larger version  Name:	165BCA73-F827-4A32-8E3E-980F47E6B06B.jpg Views:	0 Size:	90.3 KB ID:	331786

E-ray will break tradition, be revealed this spring; have mid-2023 MY production start.
    18.33%
    Traditional reveal sometime next summer with traditional early start of 2024 MY production.
    45.00%
    Reveal sometime next fall or early winter with mid-2024 MY start of production.
    30.00%
    Traditional reveal time about eight months before start of 2025 MY production.
    6.67%
    GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

The only concrete thing we know about the E-Ray, is that it has been testing concurrently with the Z06.

So as the Z06 was reveled in November, how far off can the E-Ray be?

Also, GM's push for everything electric only increases the chances of a reveal ASAP.

Hence my vote is for "E-ray will break tradition, be revealed this spring; have mid-2023 MY production start."
    Last edited by Shepherd777; 11-19-2021, 06:44 AM.
    Bob Sliwa
    "I was cruising in my E-Ray, late one night, when a Tesla Model S, pulled up on the right......."
    Currently Building an All-Electric,1963 Split-Window Coupe Ludicrous Speed Restomod.
    Ludicrous Speed - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NAWL8ejf2nM

2020 C8 ELB - Event Status 666 - Completely destroyed at the race track due to year 2020! Insured!!!
    2022-2023? E-Ray - Number 4 on the List at MacMulkin!

Comment

Mary Barra votes as you did.
      GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

They can’t make enough Stingrays to meet demand. They sure as heck won’t be able to make enough z06s, so how the heck are they going to add a THIRD car to the same production capacity they have now? OK, they can increase the volume of cars two shifts at BGA can produce, but I wouldn’t want quality to suffer. I would imagine adding a 3rd shift is easier said than done, and I’ve never heard anything about BGA increasing in size. So how the heck is GM going to produce all these cars when they can’t even produce enough of the Stingray??? If this becomes a car of delay, delay, delay and dealer markups,,,, people will look elsewhere I would guess. As much as I L-O-V-E my C8, this supply/demand/dealer markup situation is becoming one hot mess!! I don’t understand how GM is going to meet the demand with all these models! Seems to me they are production constrained and will be for awhile. That craziness I saw on one YouTubers post about the z06 ordering lines at Ciocca was SHOCKING! What a mess! Who would get up at 3 am, drive to this place, stand in line for 5 hours, put down $2,000-$3,000 deposit and THEN get number 1500!! Gonna take YEARS to get a car. Just crazy. My point - adding a 3rd model too soon is going to create a real mess if they can’t produce enough of the first two models.

Just my 2 cents worth. No offense meant to anyone or GM!

Comment

The Z06 is close to being done, but based on the stingray's development, there is still tweaking to do. I think they focus on, and finish the Z06, and then finish the E-Ray. Get a year of building the Z06 in and start the E-Ray as a 2024. In 2024, 2/3rds of the cars could be the Z06 and E-Ray.
          2021 Red Mist HTC / Z51 /Mag Ride / Yellow Calipers / C-Flash Mirrors and Wing / Front Lift / Black 3LT / CF Interior Trim / Yellow Belts and Stitching

Atomic Orange C6. Plenty of engine and suspension mods. Gone, but not forgotten

Comment

No idea but whenever it goes into production it will cut production of either the C8 or Z06.

They seem to be running as fast as they can so when the Z06 starts down the line it has to result in fewer C8s being made.

Add a third model and less C8s still. Or keep the same C8 number and split the number of Z06s with ERays.

Something will have to give.

Comment

They will after three years of only Stingrays, favor the Z06 and the E-Ray over the Stingray. But that does not mean no more Stingray’s. Perhaps a 35-40% Z06’s, 35-40% E-Ray’s and the remaining 20-30% Stingrays.

Comment

John I have a 2022 stingray and I drove it home from the museum. The book says to change oil and filter at 7500 miles. People online say anywhere from 500 to 22500 miles. They also say to add two quarts to my tranny. I will not track my vet. What is the truth?
                Robbin

Comment

I do not know what all would call truth, but I am glad will share what I personally believe and practiced.

Absolutely change your motor oil and its filter no later than 7,500 miles.

Absolutely change the DCT filter no later than one year after you have purchased your car (date of purchase; not date of pick up). Note; full disclosure: Due to a wide variety of factors my mileage when this first year would have been up was tiny, only 1,645 miles; so I had my DCT filter changed then, for to wait in my case two more days would have meant that GM would no longer have paid for it (as they did) and I would have had to pay for it out off pocket.

I did not and thousands of others who did not track their C8 have not added any fluid to the DCT without negative consequences. I sleep perfectly well without having added it. At the same time full disclosure there have been some (perhaps 100 or maybe double) DCT’s out of over 60,000 C8’s that have been made and on the road that had a transmission issue. GM has stood behind the DCT repair or replacement every time. How many of those issues were caused by not adding the extra two quarts of fluid? In my opinion a handful. In others’ opinions quite a few — but again are we talking about 60,000 DCT’s without any issues and a few hundred who have had issues that GM has subsequently fixed under warranty and what small number of those hundreds had their issue because of not adding the extra fluid? Again perceptions differ; and feelings are strong on both sides of this issue.

Hence I can only share what I have done, what I have not done — and that I sleep well at night without my adding any fluid to my DCT.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X