Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Site Maintenance

Site maintenance will take place at approximately 2022-01-17 10:15:00 Pacific Time and should only take a few minutes. The forum may be unavailable during this time.
See more
See less

seat covers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• seat covers

Anyone use the inexpensive terry seat covers to protect your leather? Wondering id they are worth it. I hate it when leather seats wear to fast

Originally posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    Anyone use the inexpensive terry seat covers to protect your leather? Wondering id they are worth it. I hate it when leather seats wear to fast
    It depends on your age. If you are old you will die before the leather wears out. If you are young then decide if you want the feel of leather on your butt or do you want to save that pleasure for the next owner.

Comment

Sorry but I paid for it so I want to enjoy it! I really do understand the need to protect and preserve it but I will leave the restoration and refurbishing to the next caretakers of our cars.

By the way, I'm sure the 'terry cloth' will be less abrasive on the leather than denims that are typically worn these days....
      2020 HTC Torch Red with lots of goodies. Built in September. Museum Delivered in October......

Other toys in the garage: Ferrari California, BMW i8 Roadster, Bentley Flying Spur, Chevy SSr

Comment

My vote is to use the seats “as is” (no covers) but each to his/her own. Covers will interfere with cooled seats, if you have that option. They’ll also detract from your interior appearance IMO. Now if you routinely step off your tractor and into your Corvette with clothing full of dusty crop remnants or if your faithful hunting dog Jeb is your typical front seat companion with muddy paws and wet hair, I get it. 😎

Comment

I think the suede seats will wear better than the leather. Suede seats for me with no covers.
          C8 on order Rapid Blue coupe, 3LT, N26, NPP, DZV, FE2, E60,TVS

Comment

In my C7 with a Kalahari interior I was getting blue jean dye transfer on the bolsters so I went with an auto parts store seat cover for $25 in a tan color. While the dye transfer and other dirt can be cleaned off fairly effectively, I'd rather not do the work. I use the cover for normal daily driving and remove it for shows. Not beautiful but simple and effective. --Bob
            2016 Z06 Long Beach Red #10281 "POPS Z"
            -Kalahari, 2LZ, Auto, chrome wheels
            1995 ZR-1 Polo Green #409 "WARP TEN" --Haibeck 350/510hp package, Sold but still running strong
            1993 ZR-1 Quasar Blue #161 "HIL KING" --Sold but still running strong
            1967 Corvette Coupe --Marlboro Maroon/Saddle 300 HP 4 Speed, Sold in 1977
            ZR-1 Net Registry Founding Member #95
            Member of Original ZR-1 Registry
            NCM Lifetime Member
            Favorite Quote--Attributed to Mickey Thompson:
            "Too Much Horsepower is Almost Enough"

Comment

I guess I agree with most of yall. If you are planning to sell or trade your C8 after a couple years, It is a selling point that the seats are "like new" .I did this with my Subaru Outback when I was working. I kept the back seats folded down 98% of the time and the front seats covered. When I treaded it in , I was able to negotiate a few grand me than the dealer offered, despite its very high milage.

Comment

Putting a cover on a perfectly good leather seat - Nonsense I say. Use them and enjoy them.

Unless your saving the car for someone else to enjoy.

That's like putting the ugly black bra on the front of your beautiful car. (I know people do it) To each their own.
                Last edited by Frenzy36; 11-08-2021, 09:24 PM.
                Rocket City Florida- 2001 ZO6 - 2013 427 Vert - 2020 Stingray

Comment

I totally agree about the bra, it's like putting a burqa or hijab on your beautiful wife so she'll be pristine for her next husband!

But I still put a temporary waterproof cover on the seat to drive home from the gym if I am covered in sweat. Then it comes off.

Comment

Sweat, sunscreen, dirt, sand, etc. I can see some benefits of throwing a cover over the seats in certain conditions. I wouldn’t use them on a daily basis though.

Comment

Ya’ll will be fine with the leather. If you had high bolsters and alcantara seats then you’ll see some accelerated wear. I saw the configuration had a unique option for adding the performance textile to the bolsters. I’ve not seen the c8 options up front, now what is that?

Comment

I’ve got a set for my C7 but they’re only used when I know the seats will get to hot to sit on …
                        A thought if I might ...

Comment

I used some inexpensive seat covers from Amazon for two months. They fit reasonably well and looked decent. Good protection.

Unfortunately, the rubber padding on the fabric underside stained my tan seats. I still haven't figured out how to remove the stain.

Comment

is there a MECF approved vendor to order seat covers from?

Comment

Originally posted by LADave View Post
                              I used some inexpensive seat covers from Amazon for two months. They fit reasonably well and looked decent. Good protection.

Unfortunately, the rubber padding on the fabric underside stained my tan seats. I still haven't figured out how to remove the stain.
                              If it's really bad and no cleaning products are working, I'd suggest going to an upholstery shop for their advice. They'd be the experts on leather repair/cleaning.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X