MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 3 < >

C8 Reveal Countdown Clock! 1959 Stingray Race Re-Imagined “Modern” C8 Close Up Video

2 of 3 < >

Tonight @ 8:00 PM (PST) Scheduled Software Maintenance. C8 REVEAL COUNTDOWN CLOCK!

HEADS UP PLEASE: Tonight At 8:00 PM Is Scheduled Software Maintenance! Could be up to two hours long — but heretofore every one has been much shorter than the time cautioned.

Reveal Countdown Clock: https://www.chevrolet.com/upcoming-v...ation-corvette
3 of 3 < >

C8 Reveal Countdown Clock! Requirement to cite your post’s sources with a clickable link.

C8 REVEAL COUNTDOWN CLOCK: https://www.chevrolet.com/upcoming-v...ation-corvette

PLEASE, DUE TO COPYRIGHT LAWS, IF YOU USE ANY PART OF AN ARTICLE IN YOUR POST, IMPERATIVE THAT YOU INCLUDE AN ACTUAL, CLICKABLE LINK TO IT. Thank you.
See more
See less

GM’s C8 Directions To Its Dealers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GM’s C8 Directions To Its Dealers

According to “Callaway Tom” on the other forum (thank you Tom), GM has issued these directives to its dealers specifically not to comment on the following:

If later confirmed, though no reason to doubt this, the reasons why GM might have issued directives to its dealers, would be twofold.

1. To try and damp down the massive questions already begin asked of dealerships’ salespersons by potential customers; and,

2. For GM to distance itself from potentially inaccurate statements made by dealership personnel, for we all have already heard unsubstantiated rumor after rumor from many sources. A MECF member heard from a Chevy salesperson just two weeks ago that “the next generation Corvette will start at $100,000.”

[Quote=CallawayTom]

* July 18 reveal location (invitations will confirm at a later date)

* NO Engine/transmission configurations

* Model year

* Colors/trims or exterior or interior

* Manufacturing facility

*Start/End of C7 production timing

* Speculation in the press

We are all so curious, but the one communication I received from a Corvette team person was short and to the point, that “lots of exciting information will be later shared.” Was he referring to July 18th and afterwards?
    Last edited by John; 04-15-2019, 02:33 PM.
    Excited owners of a 2015 Z06. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20 year members of NCM. Our 2020 ME C8 Corvette is next.

Originally posted by John View Post
    According to “Callaway Tom” on the other forum (thank you Tom), GM has issued these directives to its dealers specifically not to comment on the following:

If later confirmed, though no reason to doubt this, the reasons why GM might have issued directives to its dealers, would be twofold.

1. To try and damp down the massive questions already begin asked of dealerships’ salespersons by potential customers; and,

2. For GM to distance itself from potentially inaccurate statements made by dealership personnel, for we all have already heard unsubstantiated rumor after rumor from many sources. A MECF member heard from a Chevy salesperson just two weeks ago that “the next generation Corvette will start at $100,000.”

Originally posted by CallawayTom

* July 18 reveal location (invitations will confirm at a later date)

* NO Engine/transmission configurations

* Model year

* Colors/trims or exterior or interior

* Manufacturing facility

*Start/End of C7 production timing

* Speculation in the press

We are all so curious, but the one communication I received from a Corvette team person was short and to the point, that “lots of exciting information will be later shared.” Was he referring to July 18th and afterwards?
    Sounds pretty standard to me

Comment

GM (and every other car company) doesn't confide details about future products to ordinary sales people until just before it's made public, or even at the same time it's made public.

I used to do a lot of photography, some for money, and a truism was that the manufacturer reps who dealt with retail stores were the last to know anything about new gear. I suspect the same is true of most car salesmen. A very few high volume salespeople with close ties to BG may find things out earlier, but I suspect that has more to do with their unofficial ties than anything coming officially from GM.
      SunKissed, my 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible (One of about 40)

Purchased 5/2/2015,
      >31,000+ miles

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club. Check us out http://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org

Comment

Knowledge is Power

I have no specific questions for my dealer about the C8. I likely know far more about the car than they do thanks to this forum.

I plan to discuss my purchase of the C8 during my next visit to my dealer. I don't need for them to know anything about the car. No reason they shouldn't be able to discuss the transaction in general terms.

For example, will they give me the Carvana/KBB quote for my C7 trade in and if so I will buy the C8 at MSRP. They don't need to know anything about the C8 to discuss that.

If folks have questions about the C8, they should consult MECF rather than their dealer.
        Last edited by Boomer; 04-16-2019, 06:16 PM.

Comment

Good points Boomer.

My goal is that whenever I buy a new vehicle, I go into the dealership knowing more about the vehicle, including its every option, than does their best salesperson. However, with buying Corvettes, buying from Mike Furman@Criswell, Mark and Tommy@MacMulkin, and Dave Salvatore@Kerbeck my last three Corvettes, I met my match each time. These folks are good and honest and really know their product.

Now going into my closest Chevy dealer, well, sorry to say, but when I pulled up in, in my Z06 a while back, and a young salesperson came over to me and asked, “is that a Stingray?”
          Excited owners of a 2015 Z06. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20 year members of NCM. Our 2020 ME C8 Corvette is next.

Comment

sorry to say, but when I pulled up in, in my Z06 a while back, and a young salesperson came over to me and asked, “is that a Stingray?”

Is the C7 Z06 a Stingray?

Gonna do fine at my dealer. It changed ownership within the last year and the C8 would be our first purchase since then. Gotta make sure we have a good understanding.

Comment

Good points Boomer.

My goal is that whenever I buy a new vehicle, I go into the dealership knowing more about the vehicle, including its every option, than does their best salesperson. However, with buying Corvettes, buying from Mike Furman@Criswell, Mark and Tommy@MacMulkin, and Dave Salvatore@Kerbeck my last three Corvettes, I met my match each time. These folks are good and honest and really know their product.

Now going into my closest Chevy dealer, well, sorry to say, but when I pulled up in, in my Z06 a while back, and a young salesperson came over to me and asked, “is that a Stingray?”
              Haven't dealt with the others, but Mike Furman was the first car salesman I've dealt with in a long time who actually knew what he was talking about, and who I didn't walk out of the dealership thinking was a real ###
              SunKissed, my 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible (One of about 40)

Purchased 5/2/2015,
              >31,000+ miles

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club. Check us out http://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org

Comment

Mike treats everyone with respect. He genuinely likes people, loves and really knows Corvettes, and why he has sold over 4,100.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                Working...
                X